Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

I went back into KMart today, and a young staff member was putting out all these clearance tags on the shelves. Most of the shelves were cleared and it looked like they were taking stuff off as opposed to putting out new stock. They were all clearance tags so I check out the Haunted House... clearanced at $269. Hmmm. Pick up the Iron Man speedboat and it was "clearanced" at $50.

That being said, the Spiderman/Venom set was dropped to $28 so some discounting is in the pipeline (or only at my local dumbarse store) so keep an eye out anyway. 

Very interesting that the HH is inconsistently priced across aus. Ive been out of town the past 5 days so I checked out kmart this afternoon. They had one HH on shelf hidden behind VC's. Scanned at $189 so I snatched it up. Will check another store tomorrow. Im in ACT for what its worth.

Its a right debacle. Some are tagged at $189, some tagged at $249 and scanning at $189 and then me at $269. Consistency if ever there was!

That's bad. Have you asked them why there is a price difference across the stores? 

But they also remove HH from the site. May be the stock is running low and they really want to get rid of it.

That's bad. Have you asked them why there is a price difference across the stores? 

But they also remove HH from the site. May be the stock is running low and they really want to get rid of it.

I'm going to guess they're low/out of stock at the warehouse. Reason being it was on sale nationwide for $189 on boxing day.

The manager here informs me that that is the correct price across Australia and has zero interest in checking with other stores. Small town mentality. I got mine online, so it isn't that big a deal. I will wait and watch them sit on the shelves forever until they eventually decided to offload it, or if they ship them back to their warehouse then so be it. 

I'm in Vic and it's still $189 in kmart.

Can I ask which kmart you have seen this in recently? I was hoping to pick up one, but I tried a couple of k-marts near me (Burwood One, Knox and Northland) and all were out. I figure Chadstone is likely, but was trying to avoid the trip there.

Has anybody noticed that coles occasionally have Minifigures on sale for around $2? I went to buy some about a month ago and they were sold out, I got given around 50 rain cheeks which were for series 11. I was back in the same coles about a week later and they had series 7 for around $4 and I tried using my rain cheeks and they accepted them. I am going to try using them on the series 12 when they come out. They also currently have lego friends polybags for $2.50 at the moment.

Never noticed polys or minfigs at Coles. Will have a better look next time I'm in there. Wonder if Woolworths does the same. Thanks for the tip

No worries. Have never seen them at Woolworths, have only looked a few times though. I think a minifigure for around $2 is good value, especially if I can use the rain cheek on the series 12 when they come out and if coles stock them

Can I ask which kmart you have seen this in recently? I was hoping to pick up one, but I tried a couple of k-marts near me (Burwood One, Knox and Northland) and all were out. I figure Chadstone is likely, but was trying to avoid the trip there.

No more haunted houses at chadstone kmart, had a quick look this morning.

Kmart in Victoria Garden Richmond

Thanks for letting me know. Chadstone would have been a better option :)

No more haunted houses at chadstone kmart, had a quick look this morning.

Good to know I didn't take a drive for nothing. But...we went to Frankston this morning to look at the sand sculptures, and called into the Kmart down there. they had about 10 HH available (for $189 sale price),

David Jones has 20% off Lego except Creator and Friends themes. I picked up a LOTR Uruk-hai Army for $50 for my personal collection,last one left!

In addition to this. David Jones will take a further 20% off already reduced items when you spend $150 or more - online only.