Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

That´s a terrible policy and will accelerate their downfall.

Agree; however, eBay’s new platform will incorporate the same structure as PayPal.

I’m 99% getting around it by removing immediate pay from my listings. 99.9% pay immediately anyway. Out of 2000+ transactions this year, I’ve only had one return.
That´s a terrible policy and will accelerate their downfall.

Agree; however, eBay’s new platform will incorporate the same structure as PayPal.

I’m 99% getting around it by removing immediate pay from my listings. 99.9% pay immediately anyway. Out of 2000+ transactions this year, I’ve only had one return.

Of the ~400 transactions this year (touch wood) only had 3 go missing all under $20 in value - 2 of which ended being RTS. 

In each case, without tracking any dispute I'm going to lose. So after a few emails back and forth if item hasn't been delivered, I ask the buyer to open an INR case - and I refund them immediately. The buyer may or may not be added to my BBL.

Not sure WTF Paypal does in this process to earn the right to keep the percentage component of the fee. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Starting tomorrow, lego are asking us to pay $180 for a clock sized wooden minifig, that doesn’t tell the time.

So how long HAS pot been legal in Denmark?

So it's only the size of a Lego clock? I love those. I have a Batman Movie Joker next to my bed, and my 6yo boy has a Stormtrooper next to his. They are such shieet 80s-style clocks but the minifigs look cool. 

But I digress... if this thing is no bigger than the clock, what were they thinking? I thought it'd be twice the size of a clock. What a rip off!

Edited by ED-209
  • Like 2

Coles are selling the HP Advent Calendar for $49 - crap price but come boxing day if any survive maybe available for $20 - $25.

Picked up the Dragon Dance guy from the new local Lego store (Chermside, QLD). Small store - not very many exclusives. Three staff members all talking to themselves - can't see this ending well. 

12 hours ago, Ted said:

Just saw the news about next year Chinese New Year sets....one is called the Lion Dance...the other is called the Temple Fair
....ahem...who is going big on these?emoji848.png

Negatory here. Will be buying for personal build only.

Global release this time round - I expect that Lego will produce more than enough to meet demand.

4 hours ago, Ted said:

How about that Batmobile, i would love to get my hands on that.

Of course...for personal build...not to resell.

Lego nowdays seems to overproduce sets...the shelves are fully stock most of the time until someone shout...EOL !!

my local independent toy shop told me the price was $400 when released. Not sure if that price is a my local 'mark-up' or not. I still want it.