LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

In Canada they are free with $75 worth of purchases I believe (which make sense given that a 60 dollar USD set retails for 75 here). Pretty lame pickings this year, in my opinion. They aren't even remotely vintage.

They really are. The only decent part is the bride's torso in the middle box set as it is only available currently in the Town Hall set.

I wouldn't be too quick to think that these exclusive sets won't be worth something on eBay/secondary market, though. There are some suckers out there for things that make them feel special, among those things, exclusive toys. Quite sad, IMO. (not meant to criticize, just voicing my opinion). My guess of the price tag is $50 for one, and $200 for a full set of 3.

Guest eightbrick

NOTE: THESE ARE THE DEALS FOR CANADA'S TRU BRANCH

Oooh, TRU, you're being awfully good today!

The flyer came in today and here are all the offers:

1) Spend 75 and get the Minifigure 5-pack

2) Free Lego Turkey with 30 dollars of purchases (excluding games or Friends)

3) $5 Collectible savings card with any SW purchase

4) 40% off 4202 City Mining Truck (Now $29.87)

5) 50% off 79010 Goblin King Battle (Now $64.87)

I might dive in for the GKB and throw in some polys to push past the 75 dollar mark (Investment potential be darned, its once in a blue moon we see accessible 50% offs in Canada!). These particular offers go from Oct. 4 - Oct. 10. Happy hunting, canucks! :D

Guest eightbrick

Heh?

4202 has been retired for almost a year now.

But it came out in 2012... that's strange. Well, it is still in stock at TRU.ca. That said, it doesn't look like its about to explode in growth anytime soon.

Guest eightbrick

The 200k people who have the mine, or are going to get the mine might disagree with you on it's growth potential.  I would buy 50 at that price. 

I hadn't thought about that. It does make a nice companion set, doesn't it? It's just its nearly seven dollars down from US retail... and I've seen this for 40% off before I believe.

TRU had them on sale for 40% off in April too (I bought 4). I've seen stacks and stacks of them at my TRU all summer. Maybe they just overstocked.

I just started a thread about the 4202 in CITY before looking here. Might get a few as I've seen many locally. Definitely willing be picking up 79010!

Guest eightbrick

Awesome! I`ll have to grab a couple of each Goblin King and Mining Truck. Anyone think that Turkey will have any value?  

Possibly. Seasonal polybags are a pretty good bet.

• 1 month later...

Should we start a thread on Lego-related events? Apologies if this already exists somewhere else.

Anyway, I have 2 events I wanted to relate:

Nov. 5 (that's today) at 5:00pm in Lego Stores there's the FREE monthly mini model build. This month's build is going to be a red tractor. Ages 6-14 (though they don't ID them at the door...probably would stop you if you look like an adult though). I love going to these...occupies the kid(s) for half an hour, and you get a handful of free bricks to take home.

Legoland Discovery Center Westchester (NY) is adding a Radio City Christmas Spectacular to its MINILAND. Also, there's an event on Nov. 14 where the Rockettes will be at Legoland for a special meet and greet. It looks like you can enter through their Facebook page.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest betsy805

I just got a card saying Brick friday offers will be the holiday set with $99 purchase, free shipping, and $10 gift card with $149 order.....not sure if that will be offered tomorrow though, I'm curious too!

Because we want to order a couple of big exclusives, tomorrow's (hopeful) triple VIP will be a nice perk. The $10 gift card for purchases over $149 is for Brick Friday weekend and IS confirmed, unless Lego is sending me lying postcards in the mail.  :shocked:

If you were on their reseller list your postcard might have been covered in Antrax.

• Like 2