LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

I only know of two people on here for sure that got (or admitted to) the letter, and both of us were banned. I tried to play dumb, but they just played dumber. They would not provide any details as to how this decision was made.

Also, I am not sure if you will able to use your VIP points at the store since the account will show as locked if they have already made the decision. Fingers crossed that it was truly just a warning.

Could you see it being locked or anything online? Would I even know?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am started to lose track by the most recent deals happening this week.

The in-store exclusive event you are talking about, is it for everyone who has a VIP card? or only for members with invitation only?

Tomorrow's in store event is by invitation. Tomorrow's online LEGO Shop at Home event is open to all VIPs. Speculation is that we're looking at triple VIP points online and in store, and possibly some additional discounts not yet announced.

Next week ("Brick" or Black Friday Weekend) is in store and online, open to all VIPs and not. There will be a second exclusive holiday set if you spend $99 (the truck that goes with the tree farm) and a $10 gift card if you spend $149.

That's all I know so far. :-)

Tomorrow's in store event is by invitation. Tomorrow's online S@H event is open to all VIPs. Speculation is that we're looking at triple VIP points online and in store, and possibly some additional discounts not yet announced.

Next week ("Brick" or Black Friday Weekend) is in store and online, open to all VIPs and not. There will be a second exclusive holiday set if you spend $99 (the truck that goes with the tree farm) and a $10 gift card if you spend $149.

Pick-a-Brick box for purchases of $75 will also be valid during tomorrow's event too, although that's valid for any purchase at a LS for a limited time.  Interestingly, you have to return with your empty box starting December 26 to redeem this promo.

Could you see it being locked or anything online? Would I even know?

Nope. The only way I knew was that they went and cancelled my orders after they were in the "processing" mode.

There is an option that may work to try. Add an item to your cart, apply your VIP points, then see how far it will take you. I can apply the VIP points, but when I click "next", it just keeps reloading the same screen. It will not go to the final screen for my approval.

Nope. The only way I knew was that they went and cancelled my orders after they were in the "processing" mode.

There is an option that may work to try. Add an item to your cart, apply your VIP points, then see how far it will take you. I can apply the VIP points, but when I click "next", it just keeps reloading the same screen. It will not go to the final screen for my approval.

Hmm, I can definitely get all the way to the end without an issue. They may not have done it yet.

I am thinking about buying my VIP out tomorrow morning (assuming it will let me) and then calling the guy and having a discussion with him. I may admit to reselling some things to bring down the cost of what I am buying so that I am not just playing dumb.

If they are probably going to ban me anyway, maybe I can use some social engineering skills to find out what caused it specifically.

Edit: This may save other people some headache.

Hmm, I can definitely get all the way to the end without an issue. They may not have done it yet.

I am thinking about buying my VIP out tomorrow morning (assuming it will let me) and then calling the guy and having a discussion with him. I may admit to reselling some things to bring down the cost of what I am buying so that I am not just playing dumb.

If they are probably going to ban me anyway, maybe I can use some social engineering skills to find out what caused it specifically.

Edit: This may save other people some headache.

Whats with this ban nonsense .. ive walked into my local lego store for 2 weeks now .. everyday buying at least a ewok village / tower of orthanc .. or similar size everyday for 2 weeks now .. They seem to care less and they def. remember me and know I buy multiples of large exclusive sets. I even ask for double promos if I buy more than 2 items totaling over $200 no problems at all. I feel this being 'ban' is greatly exaggerated.

I am wondering if it is the minecraft sets. Those are pretty closely watched I think. I am gonna stay away from purchasing them from there anymore. I don't really need to anymore anyway though since I cleaned that Ebay seller out.

Anyone who ever got the email respond to it? I am tempted to just play dumb and see if I can pull anything out of the information that might tell us what they look for.

They will know you by your VIP card. I was going to mention that I see a lot of people here talking about getting VIP points and racking up purchases on their VIP cards. Can be a big mistake. You can look online and get your total $$ amount spent with them and they can do the same as well as pull up EVERYTHING you have ever bought from them using your VIP card. Sure they could also keep track using your credit card or login info online, but I was told the VIP card is the main way they keep track. When it comes to in store it only takes one manager to flag you. Who is that other guy talking about all the time, ponytail guy? Yep, we got someone like that at our Lego location.  My advice is it is hit or miss now for you. I would wait a bit and not order anything for awhile. Then you can try and sneak in an order or 2 and they may let it slide. Luckily lego employee turnover can be a good thing. Go to the store during the busy hours and pay in cash.

Whats with this ban nonsense .. ive walked into my local lego store for 2 weeks now .. everyday buying at least a ewok village / tower of orthanc .. or similar size everyday for 2 weeks now .. They seem to care less and they def. remember me and know I buy multiples of large exclusive sets. I even ask for double promos if I buy more than 2 items totaling over $200 no problems at all. I feel this being 'ban' is greatly exaggerated.

I will give you my account log in information. You can see it for yourself. Not many have been banned (or will admit to it) so nobody knows the rhyme or reason as to why they do it.

Well again, I don't know that I have been banned. I have purchased 10K worth of Lego sets since May. At least 5K of it was for personal use.

They will know you by your VIP card. I was going to mention that I see a lot of people here talking about getting VIP points and racking up purchases on their VIP cards. Can be a big mistake. You can look online and get your total $$ amount spent with them and they can do the same as well as pull up EVERYTHING you have ever bought from them using your VIP card. Sure they could also keep track using your credit card or login info online, but I was told the VIP card is the main way they keep track. When it comes to in store it only takes one manager to flag you. Who is that other guy talking about all the time, ponytail guy? Yep, we got someone like that at our Lego location.  My advice is it is hit or miss now for you. I would wait a bit and not order anything for awhile. Then you can try and sneak in an order or 2 and they may let it slide. Luckily lego employee turnover can be a good thing. Go to the store during the busy hours and pay in cash.

My store doesn't have anything to do with it. I haven't bought a ton there and never even talked to a manager. Those guys encourage me to resell - they tell people "buy these exclusives they will be worth tons one day!" so I doubt they were involved. Most of my orders are online.

I really want to just call this guy and see whats up. lol.

Wouldn't it be funny if now I had to buy all the exclusives I wanted on Ebay... which would actually further the reselling of others?1?!?

This banning crap is complete nonsense. Lego might as well just ban everyone, shut down their factories, and file for bankruptcy. They wanna ban people for buying too much of their product? That sounds like a strategy for failure. And sure lego has the right to refuse or cancel anyones order, however they are probably "banning" the wrong people. Sure they might get one or two people that they are targeting but what about the normal guy who buys 20 orc forges, not for resale but because he wants to build an army of orcs. All this ban talk is so freaking annoying, and it is making me depressed. SHAME ON YOU LEGO.

This banning crap is complete nonsense. Lego might as well just ban everyone, shut down their factories, and file for bankruptcy. They wanna ban people for buying too much of their product? That sounds like a strategy for failure. And sure lego has the right to refuse or cancel anyones order, however they are probably "banning" the wrong people. Sure they might get one or two people that they are targeting but what about the normal guy who buys 20 orc forges, not for resale but because he wants to build an army of orcs. All this ban talk is so freaking annoying, and it is making me depressed. SHAME ON YOU LEGO.

These are indeed the people that I'm concerned about AS a Lego reseller. Some innocent, rich MOC guy working on a great project for the next show realizes he can get a lot of the parts he wants from one currently available set and wants to buy 20 of them... and gets banned for being a great customer who not only buys a lot, but actually goes out and makes Lego more money through free advertising with his fantastic displays.

Lego's attempts to keep the items I want out of my hands will fail, because I'm smart and awesome and can thwart their system at will. Lego's attempts causing harm to collectors and MOCers and loving grandparents with deep pockets I get testy about, because it's a great way to turn those folks off Lego permanently, and that, unlike their silly shenanigans in thwarting me, can actually harm me as well as the innocent parties.

• Like 2

Well again, I don't know that I have been banned. I have purchased 10K worth of Lego sets since May. At least 5K of it was for personal use.

My store doesn't have anything to do with it. I haven't bought a ton there and never even talked to a manager. Those guys encourage me to resell - they tell people "buy these exclusives they will be worth tons one day!" so I doubt they were involved. Most of my orders are online.

Wouldn't it be funny if now I had to buy all the exclusives I wanted on Ebay... which would actually further the reselling of others?1?!?

Exactly what my store employees tell me .. even the manager telling me I should pick up the fire brigade since its going to be gone soon and I could profit ect lol

I feel like we may have hijacked this thread. Here is one of the original threads regarding the letter and banning for those that are new:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4686-lego-sh-black-listing-did-you-ever-receive-this-re-sale-warning-from-shop-at-home/page-7?hl=letter#entry137306

Good point, perhaps a mod with some spare time can move the irrelevant (to here) posts to there.

Tomorrow's in store event is by invitation. Tomorrow's online LEGO Shop at Home event is open to all VIPs. Speculation is that we're looking at triple VIP points online and in store, and possibly some additional discounts not yet announced.

Hi, Just read this via a facebook link. Don't know if this answers the question.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/november-vip-special-23rd/

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am started to lose track by the most recent deals happening this week.

The in-store exclusive event you are talking about, is it for everyone who has a VIP card? or only for members with invitation only?

On a sidenote, whatever promotion they do on Black Friday, it's not prudent to link your VIP card. Last year, if your account is linked with your kid/significant other, you only get 1 coupon card.

You've bought $10k from LEGO Shop at Home and Lego stores since May?  I would be very surprised if the aggregate amount of your purchases wasn't what tripped the ban for you.