LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

You've bought $10k from LEGO Shop at Home and Lego stores since May?  I would be very surprised if the aggregate amount of your purchases wasn't what tripped the ban for you.

Yeah - but I take that back, not all of that was on my VIP card. Looking at my VIP points, it looks like it was only about 6K. And there weren't that many multiples of items at all. A lot of it was ordered before I started investing.

Last thing I ordered was some of the Catcycle Chase when it came in.And it shipped three days before I got this email. I had only made two purchases in a month.

6K can go fast too - I have ordered a tower bridge, Tower of Orthanc, SSD, etc. so its really not a tremendous amount of sets when they are so damn expensive. Like I said, really a lot of it has not been for resale (besides the add ons). Which is scary for normal customers who just spend a good deal of money on Lego.

I called back the support guy but he didn't answer. Im not too worried about it - I don't really make money off what I resell from LEGO Shop at Home - it just defers the cost of what I actually want to build - like selling extras to get a Tower of Orthanic down to $170.

It seems like several people on this website have been targeted as resellers so I wouldn't classify Lego's method of blocking resellers hit or miss.  Seems like they are finding their intended targets just fine.  We'll see if someday I face the same music.  Whatever.

Not like you can`t get their products anywhere else. I don`t understand why some people make a big deal out of it. I`ve never ordered any quantities that would justify a ban, but if I did, why would I care? Maybe I miss out on a little kick back in VIP points, but honestly not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

Well and plus its a trap. lol.

Sorry to hear that DNIM. I hope they don't flag me. I consistently buy about 3-4 chess sets a month to part out and then a few other random things here and there. I've only spent probably $1000 but I DO buy those chess sets. "I'm just building a huge Kingdoms army" would be my excuse.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that DNIM. I hope they don't flag me. I consistently buy about 3-4 chess sets a month to part out and then a few other random things here and there. I've only spent probably $1000 but I DO buy those chess sets. "I'm just building a huge Kingdoms army" would be my excuse.

The Chess sets are really neat. Great booster packs for sure, so it would be crazy of them to even consider someone a reseller for an item like that. Just like train tracks, there`de be little/no way for them to justifiably accuse someone for buying multiples. You should be safe  :thumbsup:

I agree though - I really from a reselling stand point don't care about the ban. Only reason I made so many purchases were the deals they gave the last two months were the best months of all time. I had only made two orders since October.

Only thing it sucks for is the sets I actually am buying for myself. Like I said, most of my purchase history is for myself.

I also have a friend who doesn't have a VIP card and I purchase his stuff on it as well.

I will probably eventually try to just make another and use my work address as the shipping address.

The Chess sets are really neat. Great booster packs for sure, so it would be crazy of them to even consider someone a reseller for an item like that. Just like train tracks, there`de be little/no way for them to justifiably accuse someone for buying multiples. You should be safe  :thumbsup:

Its funny though - the only thing I went over purchasing limits on was Minecraft. But that is the most obvious thing in the world that you would need multiples. The whole point of the game is to create! lol

Exactly what my store employees tell me .. even the manager telling me I should pick up the fire brigade since its going to be gone soon and I could profit ect lol

Consider yourself lucky...the employee at the local store around here is as strict as they come. He goes on and on about how he has to follow the rules, which is frustrating, but perfectly understandable. It's unfortunate, bc his store is missing out on quite a bit of business. Most every other store I buy inventory from (Target, TRU, etc.) is very accommodating with these types of limits and appreciates repeat purchases, especially high dollar transactions. 

There are enough of us here who can buy them and send them to you as gifts.  If you ever  get locked out, pm me what you want, and I will place the order--delivered to you.  Then just PayPal me when you get delivery. 

For sure. 

I have a buddy at work who is gonna open a VIP card and just let me use it - I am done with buying stuff from Lego for resale for the most part anyway.

Its obvious with the exclusives ban, we are going to see what TRU is doing: packaging smaller sets with the exclusives to get your "discount". This sucks for normal consumers if they don't want the extra set but for those of us who sell, its straight up money off. Most of us can flip sets like that creator truck in a day or two. I actually enjoy that a little more anyway.

• Like 2

Uh oh. Went onto lego to fill my cart for a quick checkout at midnight so I can get some sleep...but......

3/4 of my accounts are locked! I know the user and passwords are correct---- as I have all my sign ons for everything in a spreadsheet. Says to enter user name to get an unlock email. Tried each of these 3 twice....no email received. Not good. The one account that is working is my usual account I used for years.....but.....I stopped using it after the big return spree....because it has a negative balance.

And here is where it is interesting....and really pissing me off. I had a couple thousand positive points spread on the 3 cards that aren't working....and negative 1600 or so on the one that is. The one that works only shows negative 70 now. I think they combined my accounts and closed the other 3. Balls! This is my last order with lego tonight (if it goes through) because we want the winter sets---free, polys, and the new winter scene. I'll stick to the discounters and tru from now on.

post-14194-0-22493300-1385180702_thumb.j

post-14194-0-70811300-1385180710_thumb.j

post-14194-0-84758400-1385180719_thumb.j

Uh oh. Went onto lego to fill my cart for a quick checkout at midnight so I can get some sleep...but......

3/4 of my accounts are locked! I know the user and passwords are correct---- as I have all my sign ons for everything in a spreadsheet. Says to enter user name to get an unlock email. Tried each of these 3 twice....no email received. Not good. The one account that is working is my usual account I used for years.....but.....I stopped using it after the big return spree....because it has a negative balance.

And here is where it is interesting....and really pissing me off. I had a couple thousand positive points spread on the 3 cards that aren't working....and negative 1600 or so on the one that is. The one that works only shows negative 70 now. I think they combined my accounts and closed the other 3. Balls! This is my last order with lego tonight (if it goes through) because we want the winter sets---free, polys, and the new winter scene. I'll stick to the discounters and tru from now on.

Have you tried to use your account since your chat with pony tail? He did reference that they knew you had multiple accounts, maybe they merged them or closed the others.

First time I logged in since my chat. Other account is working..got all the way to checkout. I'll try my order at midnight...if it doesn't work...I'll go to the VIP invite after all and make a scene they won't soon forget

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring a camera. Think about the fame you will garner. This is like Leroy frickin Jenkins level props. 

Im gonna check mine and see. My account randomly made me put in my password again earlier when I was messing around, but it didn't say it was locked.

Did you get the email? Wonder if they are working on a mass ban...

First time I logged in since my chat. Other account is working..got all the way to checkout. I'll try my order at midnight...if it doesn't work...I'll go to the VIP invite after all and make a scene they won't soon forget

I want a full report, Willy! I think you should go to the VIP invite anyways. It seems like it would be a pretty unique experience, and I wouldn't mind an article or report of some sort on what happened.

I got the same email from lego you posted months ago--back in august. I also got one from amazon---before they started restricting purchases on exclusives. Hoping my order goes through tonight. Really not worth it to drive 45 mins each way to get the same deals as can be had at home. I thought it was something special they way they sent that nice invitation in the mail Now it sounds like a gimmick. It won't be tomorrow, but I'll go to the store and find out where my 2k points went...and bring my brother to film.

And here is where it is interesting....and really pissing me off. I had a couple thousand positive points spread on the 3 cards that aren't working....and negative 1600 or so on the one that is. The one that works only shows negative 70 now. I think they combined my accounts and closed the other 3. Balls! 

Um, it seems like you bought stuff to get points on the other three cards (+2000 points) and returned them on the one other card (getting you -1600) so technically you really shouldn't be keeping all those +2000 points except for the difference in purchases/returns....but you think you deserve to keep those 2000 points and you are upset that LEGO figured it out and combined all the purchases/returns/balances as they should in a normal, balanced world?

And you are going to make a scene about it if you can't get your way?

Me thinks the video might be more embarassing to you than the LEGO store employee you will be berating, assuming you actually mention how you've been using/manipulating multiple VIP cards against their rules.

• Like 3