LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

Guest eightbrick

Some of the slowness on receiving orders is probably due to their order queuing.  Imagine virtual checkout lines that are filled with real people, just in a computer system.  This is what happens every time Lego has a big sale.

Yep. I've been waiting at least 10 minutes for the page to open....  -_- 

Has anyone received order confirmation for more than one order? I got my first order confirmation right away and still have not received my second confirmation. I'm guessing they are making 'adjustments' and removing the second freebie set. Bummer.

Yes I have.  All are "In Process."  There is a lot of site activity now, so LEGO easily backs up.  They also audit some orders as well, looking for areas of concern.  As long as you didn't order 15 Haunted Houses, I think you will be OK.

Nothing amazing at the VIP event in store.  They had peel aways and everyone won either a free keychain or a set valued at 17 dollars or less.  I won a keychain.  Plus the pick a brick boxes you can fill for free.

The VIP points system was down/overloaded and they weren't able to apply previous points but assured me that I earned triple points. 

There were a couple big spenders and a couple people maximizing their boxes by stacking everything together. 

Yep. I've been waiting at least 10 minutes for the page to open....  -_- 

Well I did have it clinging on to some vague form of life waiting to get into the shop, but it appears to have given up the ghost altogether now and doesn't even bother with that anymore!  Just have the 'Service Unavailable' message for the moment.

I guess I'll just sit here for the next 6 hours and hope I can get on before it turns midnight here in the UK

*hits refresh*

*hits refresh*

*hits refresh*

*hits refresh*

Simple Lego fans dont buy 5 Batwoman and 5 Orc Forges when it shows up at LEGO Shop at Home time and time again. Neither do they put in multiple order on the same sets at midnighg. It's shooting fish in a barrel on a day like this if they really want to find out who resells.

I had no intention to raise argument. I didn't personally buy 5 sets of the same stuff. But if i want a whole collection of modular buildings, why not check them out separately if you can get a bonus set with each order? Especially when you heard that people got 3 bonus sets when they went to LEGO store if they spent $300 or so. LEGO Shop at Home doesn't have that kind of flexibility.

Echo What sauromosis said. I got the 17 dollar ticket and they applied it to my Purchase which was nice! Was also given the pick a brick box. Bought EV3 and HH. Got a second PAB and the holiday gift. Plus triple points available today for buying in the store!

Congrats..at mine they weren't allowing 17 towards purchase, just a set underneath that amount.

Any thoughts on why my account shows that I redeemed some points, but does not show either of the two orders that I placed?

May have something to do with all the traffic. Lag in the system or something of the like.  I`m sure it will work itself out, but if concerned, give them a call  :thumbsup:

Guest eightbrick

Nothing amazing at the VIP event in store.  They had peel aways and everyone won either a free keychain or a set valued at 17 dollars or less.  I won a keychain.  Plus the pick a brick boxes you can fill for free.

The VIP points system was down/overloaded and they weren't able to apply previous points but assured me that I earned triple points. 

There were a couple big spenders and a couple people maximizing their boxes by stacking everything together. 

Honestly I think anyone who got to participate should be glad they did. If not for the peel cards (hey, I'll take a free key chain any day!), then to be in the company of some of the AFOLs in your area. Sure, there are going to be some arrogant fans there ("you don't have any classic space sets? Pffft... you're not a true fan" lol) but I'd imagine for the most part it would be a great experience.

Anyone think if I order a total of 5 of the same set in 3 separate orders it would raise any red flags? I would still be within Lego's guidelines of a limit of 5. I really want the promo truck.

For instance

1st order- 2 battle at the black gates

2nd order- 2 battle at the black gates

3rd order- 1 battle at the black gate then some other set.

I hardly ever order from Lego but I want to take advantage of the 3x VIP points.

Anyone think if I order a total of 5 of the same set in 3 separate orders it would raise any red flags? I would still be within Lego's guidelines of a limit of 5. I really want the promo truck.

For instance

I hardly ever order from Lego but I want to take advantage of the 3x VIP points.

My guess is that it would, just as much (if not more) then if you ordered all in one, because you`de be getting multiple promo sets in addition. That said, I don`t work for Lego, I don`t know what they would consider to be a "red flag order/series of orders". All I know is that people have been flagged/banned for ordering larger quantities of certain sets, both in one order and in multiples. My advice would be to give it a try only if you are ok with the risk of potentially being banned (i.e. lose VIP points) which will likely not happen, but could. Would be nice if a Lego employee who is privy to this info would secretly share it  :D

For instance

You are probably safe unless you drop anything upwards of 5k in the last 6 months.

I went to the in-store event bright & early this morning. Don't ask me why lol. Guess I just thought it would be a shame to miss it. It was a bit crowded... I'm glad I didn't take my son with me, there was hardly any room to maneuver. People were spending money, too. Saw one lady buy a TH, Sopwith, X-wing, Pet Shop, and 3 Friends sets. That's about $800 plus tax, and she wasn't the only customer leaving with more than one huge yellow bag. I just picked up a mini modular, jetpack Rocka, and some doodads. Got loads of free swag though: Holiday promo, 2 PAB boxes, Hero Factory brain slug poly, a bracelet, and I won a keychain with my scratch-off (Spider-Man!)

I'm glad I went :)

Just an update for whoever's worried about the confirmation email, it does look like it's something that got messed up over the coarse of mass online order. One of my orders is marked as shipped in my order status regardless that I had never received the confirmation nor the shipment email.