Sigh...Amazon Packing

forestgirl27

KNock on wood - I have never gotten a bad shipment from either Amazon.

Lucky! My first order was great, hoping this second batch will be the same. Been 10 days since payment, and nothing has arrived yet. On a side note, it`s funny that they shipped my order apparently in 4 sections (3sets of track have shipped, 1 cargo train has shipping, 1 passenger train shipping, and the coast guard patrol is still pending for some reason). Billed separately on my credit card for these as well, which is amusing considering they were all 1 order, not a combination. 

They can't Bill your credit card until the item ships.   I think that is a mail order law...but not sure---but it's good business practice and should be a law.  You can preorder things an  hold items with partial payments..but merchants can't charge you fully until the item ships or is ready for pick up.

They can't Bill your credit card until the item ships.   I think that is a mail order law...but not sure.  You can preorder things an  hold items with partial payments..but merchants can't charge you fully until the item ships or is ready for pick up.

Ok I see. So as the items become available/are packaged and sent out, they bill accordingly? That makes sense. It wouldn`t be right for them to bill you if something unexpected happened to the item before it left the facility. 

Guest TabbyBoy

amazon uk definitely has the worst packaging, I got four items today. they were banged up, but not as bad as expected.

Sorry, I have to disagree as you've just been unlucky.  I've had over 300 sets delivered from Amazon across Europe and I'm a happy bunny!  It may have been one of their resellers where the set is already damaged, I avoid them like the plague.  For me, it's Amazon direct or nothing.

Sorry, I have to disagree as you've just been unlucky.  I've had over 300 sets delivered from Amazon across Europe and I'm a happy bunny!  It's may have been one of their resellers where the set is already damaged, I avoid them like the plague.  For me, it's Amazon direct or nothing.

I have to disagree; you are the lucky one. Amazon UK is the worst for mine, and that isn't resellers. The packaging boxes are flimsy and I generally get at least one set smashed up. Most times the boxes are falling apart, leaving gaping holes. The scary part is they are like this after only a week or so in transit, because I do receive mine rather quickly. Imagine what they would be like after 2-3 weeks! 

Sorry to gloat but, every single set out of the 300 or so that I have ordered from Amazon Europe has arrived in pristine condition.  However, Argos aren't quite the same which is why I pick-up from store so I can reject/refund on the spot if I need to.  Remember you can always try to claim for a damaged item.

Well you have jinxed yourself now..... :zorro:

Meh....not bad at all. 1 racer (in the worst looking box) was caved in a lot---not bad bough. Only one of the trains was caved in and creased---again not horrible. Not worth complaining...as I said in previous post...if enough people complain about shipping damage they will just shut off us from the uk site. I am sure that is coming anyways.

Train crease is worse than I can get to show in pic...but it's not that bad. Can't beat the prices on Amzn uk.

None of that type of damage would worry, especially if you are going to keep until well after EOL. As long as there are no holes and the seals are intact. 

Oh no. Had that waiting for me on porch today...didn't have time to open before running to bus stop. Hoping for the best....doesn't look good though.

Were they from Europe? If so I am wondering if the damage may have been done by customs. Although if customs open a package and re-seal don't they put a label on it saying it has been inspected?

Sorry, I have to disagree as you've just been unlucky.  I've had over 300 sets delivered from Amazon across Europe and I'm a happy bunny!  It may have been one of their resellers where the set is already damaged, I avoid them like the plague.  For me, it's Amazon direct or nothing.

jinx jinx jinx.................... :punish:

Guest TabbyBoy

Well you have jinxed yourself now..... :zorro:

None of that type of damage would worry, especially if you are going to keep until well after EOL. As long as there are no holes and the seals are intact. 

Were they from Europe? If so I am wondering if the damage may have been done by customs. Although if customs open a package and re-seal don't they put a label on it saying it has been inspected?

jinx jinx jinx.................... :punish:

Yep, you've kyboshed my next delivery!

You think Amazon UK will stop selling items to the United States? 

Amazon won't stop for a while. The cash is going into their offshore entity (most likely in Ireland) that they pay 0 corporate tax. They don't want to pay taxes to the US Govt selling you something in their US entity.