Target Black Friday Ad?

jaredseiders

I got the email to preview the black friday ad. The only lego item I saw featured in the ad was the Lego City 4440, Forest Station. On sale for the deal of the century! Only $50, down from the original retail price of $56.99! Go Black Friday Go! /end sarcasm.

Black Friday is going to suck this year. I think the best deals are going on now, and maybe early to mid December. I don't even know if I'm gonna go out for BF and just save my money for Amazon's cyber monday deals.

Guest eightbrick

4440 retailed for 80 bucks in the US. I actually wouldn't mind picking up one for myself at that price (here in Canada that means 100 bucks retail), it's a neat set. 

There's nothing for Target to discount this year. The most valuable set is MF that is still on the shelf in store. Aside from that, I doubt they'll mark down Jabba's Barge, Republic Gunship, King Castle, or Lion Temple. The retailers seems to realized there's too much resellers that goes out on Black Friday that they are toning down the markdowns.

I got the email to preview the black friday ad. The only lego item I saw featured in the ad was the Lego City 4440, Forest Station. On sale for the deal of the century! Only $50, down from the original retail price of $56.99! Go Black Friday Go! /end sarcasm.

Black Friday is going to suck this year. I think the best deals are going on now, and maybe early to mid December. I don't even know if I'm gonna go out for BF and just save my money for Amazon's cyber monday deals.

Are you a Target Affiliate? I got the email not too long ago as well and this was to all the Target Affiliates

I always find better deal on sets in mid December for some reason. BF does not have good enough deals.

I can't imagine that is it, but considering all of the recent crackdownson coupons, exclusive sets, and everything else, it really wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume it is. Retailers seem to be drinking TLG kool-aid, at least alot more now than before. Lego may be advising on how much to sell their items for....Nintendo used to do stuff like this with video games, and though retailers can do what they want, many of them bought into the recommendations. Nintendo doesn't have as much influence now considering the Wii U has underperformed, but Lego stock is still on the rise.  

Maybe it was one of the managers that is sweet on him...and helping him as a reseller that emailed him? You would he shocked to learn how well they treat you if you simply tell them they smell nice and have a dainty hat. Usually they let you make 5 transactions in a row...as long as you let other customers in..and give them a break. They hate rude customers...but they love people who walk in with carts full of crap and a handful full of coupons that require manual entry and overrides.

Maybe it was one of the managers that is sweet on him...and helping him as a reseller that emailed him? You would he shocked to learn how well they treat you if you simply tell them they smell nice and have a dainty hat. Usually they let you make 5 transactions in a row...as long as you let other customers in..and give them a break. They hate rude customers...but they love people who walk in with carts full of crap and a handful full of coupons that require manual entry and overrides.

Dont hate the player, hate the game. :-p

• Like 1

Regardless, it's a terd of a sale.  LOL

It is a lousy rather average sale hardly worth being called a Black Friday one. Honestly I would just easily pick one up at my Target and do a price match for the $56.46 on Amazon right now. The heck with dealing with the insanity that is Black Friday to save all of an extra $6.46. :wacko:

You would he shocked to learn how well they treat you if you simply tell them they smell nice and have a dainty hat.

Wow, who knew being a courteous customer could go a long way? ;)