10222 - a missing piece and 2 stickers gone wrong

M4x18

So last night my wife convinced me of putting together a 10222 to be a part of our Holiday Village that we are displaying in our living room.

The build was fun and the final outcome was awesome. I had put together last December the 10199 and thought it was, also, a cool, fun build with a sweet final result. The colors, the pieces - some of them were new to me -, the minifigures... Pretty enjoyable experience.

The downside, my set came short of one piece, one of the unique pieces of this set, a brown 'sky', Brickset part 6020989. I have already contacted Lego over this, I expect them to ship the missing piece anytime now. First time this has ever happened in my 23+ years of building Lego.

And, to make matters worse, I misplaced a sticker on a brick. I went ahead and placed the large mail truck stickers, the ones with the trumpet that go in the back of the truck, on what you'd call the outside of that piece - Brickset 4558212 - and not on the inside. The result: me going mad about screwing it up, removing both stickers and trying to apply them in the correct position, failing to properly accomplish this as the sticker became curved when I removed it.

All in all, great build and great display. If you can get your hands in one of them go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

One question for anyone who has had a missing piece on their brand new sets. How long has it taken Lego to ship your missing pieces?

I think I'm in a really bad place now since the snowshoe is an exclusive piece to this set and I only got one.

I placed the order for the missing piece about 10 days ago and it hasn't been shipped yet. If you ask me, I don't think it'll get shipped due to it's uniqueness.

And, to make matters worse, I misplaced a sticker on a brick. I went ahead and placed the large mail truck stickers, the ones with the trumpet that go in the back of the truck, on what you'd call the outside of that piece - Brickset 4558212 - and not on the inside. The result: me going mad about screwing it up, removing both stickers and trying to apply them in the correct position, failing to properly accomplish this as the sticker became curved when I removed it.

Which is why everybody hates stickers. I usually don't put them on at all.

One question for anyone who has had a missing piece on their brand new sets. How long has it taken Lego to ship your missing pieces?

I think I'm in a really bad place now since the snowshoe is an exclusive piece to this set and I only got one.

I placed the order for the missing piece about 10 days ago and it hasn't been shipped yet. If you ask me, I don't think it'll get shipped due to it's uniqueness.

Try calling them.

I had my one replacement order take about a week I think (perhaps a smidge longer), and this had a couple of pieces which said they probably weren't even available. Most I would wait is two weeks before contacting them about it.

I think it depends on the missing piece.  I have ordered the replacement pieces twice so far.  One is the big dark red tail for the plane in Ghost Train set, and one is the rubberband for the Ferris Wheel set.

Both took over 3 weeks because they did not have the part in hand, so they got to be shipped from Denmark.

I just spoke to Lego CS about my six plates that haven't arrived yet, and they confirmed when the order was shipped from Denmark (11/11), and that the shipping duration is 7-10 business days.  They said if it has exceeded 10 business days (which for me is this coming Monday) to call them again and they would take care of it.

It depends on the piece. If it is not rare then it should have been shipped by now. Since it is a rare piece, it may take a while before they ship it.

I think once it took me 3 weeks for a 2x4 brick with Technic prongs on the ends to get to me. I didn't really complain, because I figured it was coming from Denmark or wherever, and being handled by USPS. Mainly the latter. Could take longer for you, depending on the speed of the mailing services of your country.