10211 Grand Emporium showing Sold Out on S@H

Well, this happened about this time last year so we'll see if it's a hoax. The Grand Emporium is showing sold out on LEGO Shop at Home this evening. We'll have to see whether it truly is or if it's just out of stock. Would be interesting if it did go before the Fire Brigade. Guess we'll see. It's time for a Modular or two to go EOL in my opinion.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this happened about this time last year so we'll see if it's a hoax. The Grand Emporium is showing sold out on S@H this evening. We'll have to see whether it truly is or if it's just out of stock. Would be interesting if it did go before the Fire Brigade. Guess we'll see. It's time for a Modular or two to go EOL in my opinion.

It's EOL season. Time for some sets to start going bye, bye. Some big sets will be heading off into the sunset.

Not to burst your bubble, but the Grand Emporium is in the new LEGO catalog that I received today in the mail. No Fire Brigade though.

I wish they'd both go EOL, but if at least the FB is EOL after this year I'll be a happy camper, hopefully this is the case. Hey Ed, is 10188 or MMV in your new catalog?

Not to burst your bubble, but the Grand Emporium is in the new LEGO catalog that I received today in the mail. No Fire Brigade though.

I wish they'd both go EOL, but if at least the FB is EOL after this year I'll be a happy camper, hopefully this is the case. Hey Ed, is 10188 or MMV in your new catalog?

The Live Star still is and the MMV is not.

So if a set does not show up in a catalog, is it safe to assume that it's soon to be discontinued?

It's not a definite, but there seems to be a correlation between the two. There are over 500 different LEGO sets released in a year and not all are in the catalog, but the main sets are in it, so it seems to work out that sets that disappear from the catalog(especially 2 straight catalogs) are retired sooner than later.

I am quite surprised that the Grand Emporium is in the new LEGO catalog. With the discounts on the that set lately and the length of time it has been around, I would think that it is time for it to go. Maybe it will. LEGO does a great job of keeping collectors guessing.

Just an update on the above, I called up Lego and asked about ordering the Grand Emporium since it was "Sold out." The lady was very nice and after a brief hold period told me no stock of it left in the warehouse and no expectations of more coming back into stock. She said the set is due to be expired.

Just an update on the above, I called up Lego and asked about ordering the Grand Emporium since it was "Sold out."

The lady was very nice and after a brief hold period told me no stock of it left in the warehouse and no expectations of more coming back into stock. She said the set is due to be expired.

Well that is some good information. I just ordered two for the heck of it because I know I will be kicking myself next week if you can't get it anymore and its going for $175.00.

Link to Amazon to get it for $149.99

Grand Emporium also shows sold out on Walmart website and none present at Legoland California either as of today. Target online and TRU online still show them as available. I just picked up 2 from Amazon just in case. I am thinking Medieval Market Village is on it's last legs for this year too, so I picked up 2 at Legoland California as well.

Grand Emporium also shows sold out on Walmart website and none present at Legoland California either as of today. Target online and TRU online still show them as available. I just picked up 2 from Amazon just in case. I am thinking Medieval Market Village is on it's last legs for this year too, so I picked up 2 at Legoland California as well.

I bought my GEs off of amazon, free shipping and no tax, came out to exactly $149.99. I already have a Medival Market, not sure if i want more than one, its a neat set but from the "castle" them, which is older than the "kingdoms" thats already retired and now were onto the Lord of the rings so i feel it might be actually too old of a set for people to complete these with it, however, it is unique that its one of the few castle sets ever made that had town buildings, instead of the endless amount of castle, tower or gate house sets.