10211 Grand Emporium showing Sold Out on S@H

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those darn LEGO marketing people! They know we are all just sitting here waiting for this set to go EOL. I bet they are getting a kick out of reading our threads and watching us squirm. Lol. :)

Is it all a scam??? Lego's strategy to get investors to buy, buy, buy, and then they leave it on the market and don't EOL the set. And then Lego wins in the end everytime! LOL lets hope this isn't true

Is it all a scam??? Lego's strategy to get investors to buy, buy, buy, and then they leave it on the market and don't EOL the set. And then Lego wins in the end everytime! LOL lets hope this isn't true

actually i wouldn't be surprised if they are doing that, maybe not directly at the investment crowd, but just in general by putting things on backorder to make people who were on the edge about buying a set panic and buy it thinking its about to be retired and then of course theres the investment folks who will buy 10x of any popular set anytime they see that its about to be retired only to find out a few weeks later its back in stock, they did that to me with the fire brigade about a year ago.

actually i wouldn't be surprised if they are doing that, maybe not directly at the investment crowd, but just in general by putting things on backorder to make people who were on the edge about buying a set panic and buy it thinking its about to be retired and then of course theres the investment folks who will buy 10x of any popular set anytime they see that its about to be retired only to find out a few weeks later its back in stock, they did that to me with the fire brigade about a year ago.

Exactly! At this point I dont even know if it's worth investing in the FB or GE for those that plan selling them 1-2 years after retirement. I think there are just too many copies of these sets out there, and tons of investors hoarding them. I don't mean to sounds negative, just dont' think these 2 sets will come close to the ROI that the early modulars gave. I honestly think if you stocked up on FB's or GE's you better be someone who has the room, and plans on holding on to them for 5 to 10+ years before you start seeing a good ROI (I plan to be doing this myself with the FB's and GE's I have). However I do not plan to run out and buy anymore as I feel the market is way over saturated with them and there are some much better Lego investments out there that are flying way under the radar. If you have multiple FB's and GE's get ready to be very patient even when they do go EOL, if that ever happens. I could be completely wrong on all this just my opinion.

I personally am beginning to think that nothing is gonna be eol'd anymore lol. Especially these two modulars. However on the bright side two emporiums connected together looks really cool.

The recent activity of the Grand Emporium confirms it for me that it will go EOL sooner than later. Most sets that show "sold out" eventually are sold out after a couple of false alarms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bleargh! Grand Emporium back on LEGO Shop at Home US with available now status!

I don't see any other retailers getting more in stock yet, so it might just be the last of the inventory in play.

Hope so since I'm sitting on 7 GEs!

I just saw that too! Unfortunately I honeslty don't think the GE is going anywhere anytime soon. If you bought any of your GE's at discounted prices you might be able to sell them on ebay (they're going for $175+ right now) and even if you only make $15-20 you you'll still be making something, and I you'll be able to go back and buy more at the store when they restock. Question is, will they ever restock? IMO I think they will, just my 2 cents though.

• 1 month later...

So guys and gals is this set retired yet? I'm planning on getting one just in case, but I'm not sure if it'll be a good investment. A store near me is selling it at 190$. I live in Croatia which is part of the Europe market so we don't get many big discounts like you who live in the USA. So do you suggest buying it or passing on this one?

So guys and gals is this set retired yet? I'm planning on getting one just in case, but I'm not sure if it'll be a good investment. A store near me is selling it at 190$.

I live in Croatia which is part of the Europe market so we don't get many big discounts like you who live in the USA.

So do you suggest buying it or passing on this one?

This item will pick up value but really, really slow, as many people have bought several of these to make a buck. The bigger the offer, the slower value's increase.

I would definitely get one.

Have you checked at Lego LEGO Shop at Home? And more importantly to us European investors, have you checked amazon.it?

This item will pick up value but really, really slow, as many people have bought several of these to make a buck. The bigger the offer, the slower value's increase.

Have you checked at Lego LEGO Shop at Home? And more importantly to us European investors, have you checked amazon.it?

Yes, and the price at lego shop italia is higher than the one I'm getting. The same goes for amazon.it.

I also tend to find some nice deals on ebay.de, but germans usually don't ship the big sets outside germany.

Yes, and the price at lego shop italia is higher than the one I'm getting. The same goes for amazon.it.

I also tend to find some nice deals on ebay.de, but germans usually don't ship the big sets outside germany.

If we buy in Europe, we can't compare the values with the US stores as Lego does a 1:1 conversion rates between EUR and USD. Even more unfair, some sets' MSRP are higher in Europe than in the US. For example, a set might be sold at any European LEGO Shop at Home store for let's say

Amazon has over 2,000 left in stock. This set is going nowhere anytime soon.

Yeah, in my opinion none of the modulars are going soon.........I could be wrong but I don't see any good signs for retirement for the FB and GE in the near future. Wish they did EOL as I have a couple collecting dust haha