Minifigures - general discussion

TheOrcKing

The question asked here is: "What character do you think will be or would like to see in a future Minifigure Series?"

If you are not sure what all has been done then this thread should help.

First off, I have noticed whenever Lego designs a male character in one series, they usually create a female counterpart in another, and vice versa. (Caveman / Cave Woman, Spaceman / Intergalactic Girl, Maraca Man / Flamenco Dancer, etcetera.) Judging from this pattern, here are ones that could get a male/female equal. The first name is the official minifigure while the following one is the idea.

Tribal Hunter / Tribal Huntress

Bandit / Lady Bandito

Magician / Magic Helper, Sorceress

Ninja / Ninja Princess, Kunoichi

Zombie / Living Dead Girl

Witch / Warlock

Vampire / Vampire Bride

Elf / Elven Queen

The Monster / Bride of the Monster

Gangster / Swingin' Dame

Bride / Groom

Ocean King / Mermaid, Nereid, Naiad, Sea Nymph, Undine -SERIES 9-

Hippie / Flower Child

Santa / Mrs. Claus

Pirate Captain / Pirate Girl, Buccaneer

Lederhosen Guy / Dutch Girl -SERIES 11-

Another pattern that I have noticed from time to time are redesigns or recolors. (Robot (light grey)/Evil Robot (black/dark grey), Cheerleader (blue)/Red Cheerleader) Here are some that I believe will make some good ones (or maybe even inevitable).

Football Player / Red Football Player

Super Wrestler / Pro Wrestler Not official but Lord Business' Evil Lair has a red Luchador type character.

Evil Dwarf / Heroic Dwarf

Evil Knight / Heroic Knight -SERIES 9-

Ninja / Ninja Master, Shinobi

Samurai Warrior / Shogun, Ronin

Boxer / Blue Boxer Team GB probably has the closest we'll ever see to this.

Also, any of the music and space themed characters have a decent chance of getting recolored or slightly redesigned down the road from the looks of a couple of the accessory packs from Shop-at-Home.

To finish off, here are a few original ideas that we haven't seen yet but I would like to toss out there.

Royal King

Orc Lord, Orc Warrior, Orc King ;)

Basketball Player

Egyptian Guard

SWAT, Riot Cop

Medusa, Lamia -SERIES 10-

Crusader, Templar

G-Man

Biker

Cyborg

Train Conductor, Train Engineer

Musician -SERIES 11-

Bard, Minstrel

Mutant

Private Eye

Miner

Ranger, Rogue

Superhero, Super Villian

Bounty Hunter, Tracker

Martian

Crook, Thief, Criminal, Brigand

Cruiseship Captain, Sea Captain -SERIES 10-

Dancer

Scholar, Teacher, Tutor, Professor

Warrior -SERIES 11-

First Mate, Ship Mate

Judge, Magistrate -SERIES 9-

Wizard, Mage, Sorcerer, Conjuror

Harpy

Headless Horseman

Mr. Hyde -SERIES 9-

The Invisble Man

Imp, Gremlin, Goblin

Dullahan, Headless (Cursed) Knight

Grim Reaper

Deputy Marshall, Sheriff

Cavalry Soldier, Cavalry Captain

Alien Bug, Galactic Bug

Undercover Cop, Secret Agent

Garbage Collector

City Worker

Beast Warrior

Tengu

Note:

I posted all these ideas before the release of Series 9 meaning a few of them have now been done officially by Lego. I simply crossed those entries out and added which series it was released in while leaving them here for posterior of the topic in the future. Anyway, I can add in anybody else's ideas to the list here at the bottom for easy viewing.

For the love of sweet baby Jezuz and all that is holy, no more rehashes or clones or counterparts! I'd really love a templar, though I doubt Lego would dare touch anything remotely religious. Else your police state would already have a church with a pedophile priest and naughty nuns. But to answer the question, Pirates theme Imperial Governor or Admiral or even a generic soldier.

For the love of sweet baby Jezuz and all that is holy, no more rehashes or clones or counterparts!

I'd really love a templar, though I doubt Lego would dare touch anything remotely religious.

Else your police state would already have a church with a pedophile priest and naughty nuns.

But to answer the question, Pirates theme Imperial Governor or Admiral or even a generic soldier.

It is too bad that LEGO does not touch religious ideas for sets. There could be some wonderful Architecture sets that are based on churches, temples and mosques.

For the love of sweet baby Jezuz and all that is holy, no more rehashes or clones or counterparts!

I can agree with you on that to a point. Unfortunately, it's inevitable that LEGO will redesign certain minifigures the same way they redesign sets.

I'd really love a templar, though I doubt Lego would dare touch anything remotely religious.

Else your police state would already have a church with a pedophile priest and naughty nuns.

Heh, lord ain't that the truth!

But to answer the question, Pirates theme Imperial Governor or Admiral or even a generic soldier.

Hmm, I guess I forgot about the 'other' Pirate guys. An Imperial Admiral would be pretty cool.

It is too bad that LEGO does not touch religious ideas for sets. There could be some wonderful Architecture sets that are based on churches, temples and mosques.

I totally agree with you. I've seen MOC's of temples & such, impressive beyond words.

Okay, the minor exceptions being Easter and Christmas sets, which has Christian connotations.

Though it's more of a commercially motivated holiday in this century :D

Completely commercial. Oh great, it's the freakin' Cadbury Bunny....aaaand it's crapping chocolate eggs everywhere.

Atleast, I hope that's chocolate?! YUCK!

Anyway, here's some more 'ideas'.

Cyborg

Don't know why I didn't think of this one sooner. Could look like a cross between RoboCop and The Terminator!

Train Conductor or Train Engineer

I'm thinking of old western themed, but something more modern could work too.

Musician

Covering alot of ground with this one. Maybe a classical pianist or violinist?

Bard or Minstrel

Now this is more specific. He'd carry a lyre (or something similar), wear a small cape and a forestmans' cap perhaps.

Mutant

Not an X-Men mutant, but a wierd, freaky, ugly......thing! Whatever, use your own imagination!

Private Eye

A detective from one of those old mobster films, wearing a trenchcoat and hat.

Miner

An ol' miner from the wild west in 1949. Yeah, that's pretty specific.

Ranger or Rogue

Would wear a hooded cape, and carry a custom bow (or crossbow) with a small dagger.

Superhero, Super Villian

Look! Up in the sky! It's LEGOMAN! And his evil nemesis....um....BRICKHEAD!

Bounty Hunter or Tracker

Could be another space character or look like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Martian

Take me to your leader! As long as this does not become a simple recolor of any previously done alien, then I think we have a winner!

Crook, Thief, Criminal, or Brigand

Err, take your pick and go with it!

Cruiseship Captain or Sea Captain

Can either go with a Captain Nemo lookalike, or a Cruise Liner Captain.

Dancer

Hmm....anything but a pole dancer!

Scholar, Teacher, Tutor, or Professor

Maybe look a little like Albert Einstein?

Warrior

Another medival themed character. Maybe take a page from those HEROICA sets?

First Mate or Ship Mate

A Pirate Captain needs his crew, don't he?

Judge or Magistrate

Not the most exciting character, but an interesting one nevertheless.

Wizard, Mage, Sorcerer, or Conjuror

As if this guy needs a description. Come on, he's a freakin' Wizard!

Harpy

Another mythical creature. About the female equivalent to the Vampire Bat.

And just for the heck of it, here are a few that will never happen.

Judge Dredd

Tron

Waldo from Where's Waldo?

Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal

He-Man

Thundercats

Futurama

Would be cool if someone actually did these though.

Wait, someone did Futurama!

Pepa Quin's Futurama Collection on flickr

Some odd ideas sparked by a post where someone asked what else could be done for MONSTER FIGHTERS sets.

The Headless Horseman

The classic rider comes to life! Wearing a cape & cowl, having a pumpkin for a 'tempory' head, this is perfect for halloween displays!

Mr. Hyde

We already have the "Crazy Scientist", so how about his alter ego?

The Invisble Man

I'm talking about the classic look from the 1933 black & white film.

Imp, Gremlin, Goblin

Only real difference here is color & minor details of design.

Dullahan

The headless wandering knight. Basically a medieval version of the Headless Horseman.

The Grim Reaper

How could this not be freakin' awesome?!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting pretty close to the end of this year, and info about the next wave of MINIFIGURES (Series 9) will spring up on LEGO's site right before or after the new year. But instead of just 'sitting on it', I have a couple of hunches as to what we may get in Series 9 & 10, basing my predictions on what we already have gotten in the MINIFIGURES series, as well as the various themes that will be released (since many characters did have some relevance to sets at the time of eachs availability).

Again, these are ONLY predictions, not actual.

(Design idea in bold red, followed by the related theme.)

Deputy Marshall/Sheriff or Cavalry Soldier/Cavalry Captain or Tribal Huntress - LONE RANGER

Alien Bug/Galactic Bug - GALAXY SQUAD

Undercover Cop/Secret Agent/SWAT/RIOT Cop - CITY & CITY "Undercover" video game

Garbage Man or City Worker - CITY

Beast Warrior or Tengu - LEGENDS OF CHIMA

Train Engineer - "Horizon Express" set

Goblin Warrior/Orc Warrior or Elven Queen or Dwarf - THE HOBBIT

There are my ideas as to some possible characters in Series 9 & 10, again, based on the sets available next year. Of course, I also include all of the other design ideas in this thread as possible candidates to make up the rest of the figures in both series. These ones are more towards the forefront.

Got any ideas for what we may get in Series 9 & 10?

• 4 months later...

I love these genaric threads. :) Who else but... CHUCK NORRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I just put this in the other forum, hadn't seen this one yet.

I know this isn't a minifigure, but a cool thing to do would be to make a Budweiser Wagon. I think that it being a children's toy rules out the possibility, but you never know? If Lego makes the Simpson's into a theme, you never know what they might decide to bring around next?