Minifigures - general discussion

TheOrcKing

10 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Bad idea. You may save and get lucky on some but the ones that don't make it you will get negative feedback or bad reviews. Charge the correct amount for shipping in a bubble mailer.
never had a problem shipping this way.

+1

Try bundling together to save on the shipping cost per item, but don't go below the (now) $2.60 USPS First Class plus the cost of a bubble mailer.  You can save on the bubble mailers ordering in bulk and getting the cheaper ones, but you NEED tracking, which comes free with First Class. 

On Ebay, you can also put that you offer discounting shipping on multiple purchases and allow someone to buy X number without incurring any additional shipping costs.

• Like 1

Don't cheap out. Ebay and now Amazon prefer/require FC tracking.

Use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RB5L3I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can ship up to 8oz for $2.60. If you are listing on Ebay you can combine shipping on items. You can also set up shipping profiles.

My eBay > My Account > Preferences > Combined Payments and Shipping Discounts

Just pass along the cost to your buyer.

• Like 2

I was at the post office today mailing some Lego, the lady next to me was mailing a thick birthday card. The postal worker asked if it was fragile, the lady replied it's a nice card. Then the postal worker talked about how it could damaged in the conveyor, but for only $0.21 more it can be hand sorted.

Has anyone heard of this before? Could that be an option?

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2016 at 9:09 PM, donbee said:

I was at the post office today mailing some Lego, the lady next to me was mailing a thick birthday card. The postal worker asked if it was fragile, the lady replied it's a nice card. Then the postal worker talked about how it could damaged in the conveyor, but for only $0.21 more it can be hand sorted.

Has anyone heard of this before? Could that be an option?

The postal worker is referring to is a non machinable or "hand sorted" extra charge for a first class letter. These types of letters are typically greeting cards with with bumps or protusions that will get caught up in the sorting machine and get torn up. Also, photos, correspondence that grandma sends with a piece of candy, etc. So an extra $0.21 is added and the mail piece is separated from the first class letters so it does not go through the sorters. Could you send a minifigure in an envelope as a first class non machinable? Probably. Most clerks will accept it as such, but keep in mind there is no tracking on first class letters, and a typical envelope isn't very strong compared to the somewhat sharp edges on some minifigs. IMHO, use a bubble mailer and first class package. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You would struggle to sell a compleye set of Series 15 for retail shipped on ebay uk. In uk anyway most minifigures series get discounted near eol so nowadays it is not a very good pick, unless you are willing to sell sets for small gain.

You can sell individually, however this takes alot more time and effort, and you still won't make much, each series only has a few key minifigures that sell for above retail.

Best way to make money on minifigures is if you get them before release date as you can usually sell for 1.5-2 × RRP. Apart from that it's a waiting game till retirement, or if you manage to buy a desired series i.e. German football team / disney 

Edited by Mhd747

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, WannabePlatypus said:

I have over a hundred collectible minifigures including at least one from every series (and I think the complete series five). Would recommend selling them separately or in one big  lot? And for how much?

look at ebay sold items

I would sell series as sets, others depending some can get $10 plus per figure if they are good ones

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brian92007 said:
From what set does this bobba fett minifigure is. Does anybody have any idea ? Is missing the right arm. I bought it in a bulk I got not to long ago.  

Torso and head potentially from cloud city, although the arms and legs are incorrect as on that minifigure they were printed.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I don’t know if there’s a separate thread for this, but does anyone collect the employee minifigure “business cards”?  These are minifigures made to look like the employee with their work phone number/email address On them. I’ve got one but there seems very little about them, their rarity, value. My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, I’m happy to be pointed in the right direction if it has!

Someone mentioned opening a BL store for the minifigures.  I too have a bunch of minifigs (some where around 200+) and I was curious as to the success of a BL store for minifigs? Its seems to me it could be more of a headache trying to do $2-5 transactions every other day vs just doing a lot sale on eBay.  Obviously the total $ amount is likely higher but then again you wouldn't be stuck with the ones that don't sell.  Can someone speak to their experiences with selling minifigs on BL?

• 5 weeks later...