TRU 11/17-11/23 Lego sale

wholovesboo

Okay so I'm freaking out on the good deals on Barbie dolls starting Sunday (11/17), but I know you guys just want to hear about the Lego discounts, so here goes:

FREE Lego Creator Christmas Tree (30186) when you spend $20 or more on LEGO construction sets or games. In store only.

50% off TMNT 79105 Baxter Robot Rampage ($24.99)

25% off these sets (I don't know all the names, if someone wants to fill them in...):

Castle:

City:

60024 Advent Calendar

Chima:

MF:

9467 The Ghost Train

Friends:

41015 Dolphin Cruise

41008 Heartlake Pool

41016 Advent Calendar (Hopefully this means they're getting more in stock...)

Star Wars:

Technic:

Also, 25% off all Lego Duplo Disney Princess, Planes, Mickey Mouse, Jake & the Never Land Pirates construction sets.

• Like 4

Wow, that Baxter set looks awful.  Maybe it's because I'm old school TMNT.

It's currently the only set with an April minifigure. I grew up on old school TMNT. I have at least 200-300 original TMNT action figures (although nearly all of them are opened and played with and have their corresponding weapons and such who knows where). Before the new Nick series started, seeing only previews for it online, I thought it looked too childish and whatnot. However, I have seen every Nick episode thus far and as a 28 year old adult I enjoy the series :P My full time job is ecommerce and also have multiple youtube channels where I mostly do toy unboxings. As such, my DVR recordings include TMNT, Beyblade, Pokemon, Chima, and previously (no longer active series) Redakai and Bakugan primarily so I know how to pronounce more characters and such and be able to have relatable dialogue in videos for my mostly young viewing audience. 

The new Nick version of TMNT pays plenty of homage to old school TMNT as they regularly bring back a lot of old/original characters albeit redesigned (such as April and Casey Jones now being teenagers). Beebop and Rocksteady are no more. They are replaced by Dog Pound and Fish Face who, thus far, haven't actually been featured a whole lot. 

This is what I wonder about for investment as a lot of the AFOLs that would like these don't like the cartoon show. However, the one I work with bought them because he just felt an obligation to since he loves TMNT. So who knows.

They are likely mostly bought by/for the younger generation, but the new TMNT action figures and accessories have been a great seller and their territory in the toy aisles have steadily expanded with every toy department reset it seems. So, in the longer term, there should be a massive wave of new AFOL/TMNT fans down the road too. 

It's currently the only set with an April minifigure. I grew up on old school TMNT. I have at least 200-300 original TMNT action figures (although nearly all of them are opened and played with and have their corresponding weapons and such who knows where). Before the new Nick series started, seeing only previews for it online, I thought it looked too childish and whatnot. However, I have seen every Nick episode thus far and as a 28 year old adult I enjoy the series :P My full time job is ecommerce and also have multiple youtube channels where I mostly do toy unboxings. As such, my DVR recordings include TMNT, Beyblade, Pokemon, Chima, and previously (no longer active series) Redakai and Bakugan primarily so I know how to pronounce more characters and such and be able to have relatable dialogue in videos for my mostly young viewing audience. 

The new Nick version of TMNT pays plenty of homage to old school TMNT as they regularly bring back a lot of old/original characters albeit redesigned (such as April and Casey Jones now being teenagers). Beebop and Rocksteady are no more. They are replaced by Dog Pound and Fish Face who, thus far, haven't actually been featured a whole lot.

I already have five of these, but am debating on getting some more. I purchased mine from shop at home a few months ago. I can do my own research, but what is the April fig selling for by herself right now? Also, isn't there a second wave of tmnt coming next year, which means there could possibly be another April fig in a different set? I have between 5-10 of each tmnt set already, and won't be buying any more until after Xmas clearance from either shopko, Walmart, or kmart. I am sure at least one if those stores will have some on clearance come January. Maybe target too.

Updated in the deals thread.  It's better than I anticipated:

Lone Ranger

• Colby City Showdown - $32.49
  • Constitution Train Chase - $64.99
  • Silver Mine Shootout - $47.49
  • Stagecoach Escape - $20.99

Castle

• Gold Getaway - $10.99
  • Gatehouse Raid - $17.49

City

• Satellite Launch Pad - $11.99
  • The Mine - $89.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Baxter's Robot Rampage - $24.99

Star Wars

• Battle of Hoth - $29.99
  • Desert Skiff - $17.49

Chima

• Eris' Eagle Interceptor - $19.99

Technic

• Pick-up Tow Truck - $40
  • Jet Plane - $27.50
  • Crawler Crane - $10
  • Tractor - $20

Lone Ranger

Castle

• Gold Getaway - $10.99

City

• The Mine - $89.99

Star Wars

• Desert Skiff - $17.49

Chima

Technic

• Jet Plane - $27.50
  • Crawler Crane - $10
  • Tractor - $20

Are most of these in store only?

Lone Ranger

Castle

• Gold Getaway - $10.99

City

• The Mine - $89.99

Star Wars

• Desert Skiff - $17.49

Chima

Technic

• Jet Plane - $27.50
  • Crawler Crane - $10
  • Tractor - $20

As it seems at least some of these are in store only prices... did you notice if Lego Friends Advent Calendars were restocked as that is one of the sets in the ad? I would like to go to my local TRU ASAP but it's pouring buckets outside and it's hard to get an overflowing cart of legos from the store into the car safely :P

As it seems at least some of these are in store only prices... did you notice if Lego Friends Advent Calendars were restocked as that is one of the sets in the ad? I would like to go to my local TRU ASAP but it's pouring buckets outside and it's hard to get an overflowing cart of legos from the store into the car safely :P

It was raining when I took my stuff out to the truck.  I had them put all the items into different large bags and I wrapped them up the best I could before carting the stuff out.  I did 5 transactions between $50 - $60 for 5 Creator Christmas Trees and 5 $10 gift cards.

I also looked for the Friends: Advent Calendars and there are none at my store.  They had to pull the Creator Christmas Trees out of the back.  All were clueless except for one CSR who said she thought she saw some the other day in the back.