TRU 11/17-11/23 Lego sale

wholovesboo

where do you get the $10 gift card coupons?  Is buying a Wendy's Kids meal the only way to do it?

That is correct!  My wife just left to get a late lunch.  "Honey, what do you want?"  Me:  "2 Wendy's kids meals with cheeseburgers and fries please."  My kid gets to stockpile apple juice while I get these coupons.

where do you get the $10 gift card coupons?  Is buying a Wendy's Kids meal the only way to do it?

In some of my most recent ToysRUs.com orders, within the envelope of advertisements that most boxes include, there is a sheet with 2 coupons for a $10 gift card with $40+ purchase. 1 is valid 11/1-11/27 and the other runs from 12/1-12/24. The envelopes also include a coupon for free frosty waffle cone from wendy's :-) Last year I think they had coupons for free kids meals at wendy's or perhaps just discounted. 

Isn't Wendy's currently having a promotion where you get $1.99 kids meals after 4pm or something like that? Maybe only on weekdays?

Just spent over an hour ringing up separate purchases. They must have found a ton of overstock because they had boxes in the overhead with stickers that read "Do not display until March 2013". My TRU never leaves anything in the original packing box when they place it in the overhead. Manager was even confused as to why that had happened.

Picked up another Friends Advent at $27 (system said 2, but could not find the other one)

Also, I think it has been lower, but they had the Dolphin Cruiser at $52.99, which runs through the 23rd.

I registered everything on my Wish List, but am not sure exactly how that program works. Is it a $10 card for every $100, or for $100 on one receipt?

I think this has to be one of the best sales I have ever seen in TRU. Happy shopping!

If nobody else can confirm, I can post receipts.  Deals like this make me want to go clean them out, especially when you know it isn't a nationwide sale and there won't be an immediate overstock on EBay.

Confirmed!!

're-'re confirmed!  No signs on the train.....but brought a couple up to the register with another 10 baxters (no limits!) They were in fact half price----60 something. They had no more trees, and offered no substitute.  Oh well...left happy.

I mean this in the nicest way ever - you guys suck.

Seriously though - Willy, you are saying it rang up half off even though it wasn't marked? HMMM.. need to go check this out.

All this shopping made us hungry, so we are at Wendy's now---having a snack (and 3 more coupons) then heading back! No...I am not kidding!

Wendy's yesterday AND today dad!? Are you crazy!?

Yes Will----dad is a bit nuts.

This is awesome!  My wife just brought us home 3 kids meals too.  I have 4 more coupons to use...

The checkout lady this morning was like, "Well, since you like Wendy's, you should have these."  She gave me 5 coupons for a free waffle cone Frosty.  Ice cream is on me kids.

• Like 1

I just stopped by my TRU and as others have already stated these sale prices are correct. I didn't buy anything though because quite frankly, most of these sets don't appeal to me from an investing standpoint, other than the dolphin cruiser at $52. I already have nine of those so I held off on this trip. Also, throw in the fact that these sales are not a true 50% off due to the TRU markup, and I think I will be able to get most of these sets at a better discount during post Christmas clearance sales if I want them then.

This is awesome! My wife just brought us home 3 kids meals too. I have 4 more coupons to use...

The checkout lady this morning was like, "Well, since you like Wendy's, you should have these." She gave me 5 coupons for a free waffle cone Frosty. Ice cream is on me kids.

You mean the waffle cone ones? They are delicious!

post-14194-0-33760700-1384721221_thumb.j

I just stopped by my TRU and as others have already stated these sale prices are correct. I didn't buy anything though because quite frankly, most of these sets don't appeal to me from an investing standpoint, other than the dolphin cruiser at $52. I already have nine of those so I held off on this trip. Also, throw in the fact that these sales are not a true 50% off due to the TRU markup, and I think I will be able to get most of these sets at a better discount during post Christmas clearance sales if I want them then.

They are true 50% off if you get the $10 gift card with them.

Wish I had paid more attention to the Wendy's coupon deal. Now trying to decide if it is worth to return and repurchase. 10 purchases = $75 back (counting for the Happy Meal cost). Hmmmmm.....Would you do it?

You could buy a bunch of Kids Meals and swing the meals by the Salvation Army or homeless shelter and keep the coupons.  The meals are about $3.50.  It probably isn't worth your time to take everything back and have them ring it up again.

You could buy a bunch of Kids Meals and swing the meals by the Salvation Army or homeless shelter and keep the coupons.  The meals are about $3.50.  It probably isn't worth your time to take everything back and have them ring it up again.

That actually isn't a bad idea - although its almost mean to give the salvation army food that is so bad for you. lol

They are true 50% off if you get the $10 gift card with them.

Yes, I suppose that would help increase the percentage, but don't forget to include the cost of the kids meal in your purchase. how much is a kids meal at Wendy's anyway? Also, I don't feel like eating kids meals from Wendy's all week just to collect coupons. I'll wait for post Christmas sales. I am glad that some of you are stocking up though. It's rare when you can leave TRU feeling like you actually got a good deal.

So my TRU had none of the items signed. The only item that didn't scan was the Crawler Crane. That was full price. Otherwise, everything scanned as what was posted. My tractors scanned 22.50 instead of the 20 though. However, I saw no detail on any of these sales in the ad that was there. They had a pictures with  a ton of the sets saying "25% off". I wonder if this was a mistake?

Anyhow, I robbed them blind. I originally went to get maybe 2 of each item, besides the LR stuff, but I walked out with a lot more than that. Check the What Set Did You Buy thread to see exactly what I walked out with!

You could buy a bunch of Kids Meals and swing the meals by the Salvation Army or homeless shelter and keep the coupons.  The meals are about tree fiddy.  It probably isn't worth your time to take everything back and have them ring it up again.

I can't believe you posted "about tree fiddy" and the time stamp was also in fact---about tree fiddy. Well done sir!

• Like 1

Hmmm maybe te Baxters at my store will ring up half even if they aren't marked......Thanks for the heads up. Heading back even though that place was an absolute zoo

I was at a TRU at about 1pm yesterday. Took me about 90 minutes to complete a return (5-10 minutes for the 2 people ahead of me), fill my cart will Legos and a couple other things while also acting as an employee as multiple people thought I was and I was able to answer most questions anyway, and checkout (let 2 people with 2 items and 1 item ahead of me). I'll probably wait until evening tonight to venture out. Open until 9pm tonight here so will wait until at least 7 or 7:30 to leave home probably. I prefer to shop in peace :P

Are you guys seeing monster fighters re-re-stocked today? Went to 3 tru today. They all had 0 castles last week---each one of them was stuffed with castles, trains, mummy, werewolf and right down to the swamp creature. There was a big tru exclusive sign on the MF section. This section is new at 2 of the stores...they had tons of each set. Tru must have bought an exclusive license to resell MF for another year.....or perhaps bought out Legos remaining warehouse stock of the line for cheap? Something is going on with the MF line and tru.

Also. Baxters---wtf? They literally had a hundred of these or so at 2 of the stores...and more than 50 at my usual. I grabbed 4 yesterday worried they would run out as there are about 20 on shelf. Went back today mid sale and they had at least 50 more!

I can't believe I paid 40 for my first pile 6 months ago. Learned my lesson. Never paying retail for Legos again!