9469 - Gandalf Arrives

Tom J

I do the same... I make a beeline for the Lego aisle while she chooses a hand-scanner and faffs around a bit with the trolley. ;-)

Problem is that my local Tesco has not got the idea of clearance. They put stuff on the shelf but at full price. I had a argument with one of the managers when he refused to reduce the price of some really battered Deloreans by more than 10%.

Guest TabbyBoy

Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys LEGO aisles are well worth a visit every time you do a weekly shop.  If you see a big markdown, just buy the bloody lot and also ask (after you've loaded up the car) if they have more in the back.  Cheeky I know but the early/greedy bird gets the most worms!

Autumn supermarket scores so far:

16x Wolverine Choppers at

Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys LEGO aisles are well worth a visit every time you do a weekly shop.  If you see a big markdown, just buy the bloody lot and also ask (after you've loaded up the car) if they have more in the back.  Cheeky I know but the early/greedy bird gets the most worms!

Autumn supermarket scores so far:

16x Wolverine Choppers at

Guest TabbyBoy

i think we need a UK supermarket deal thread. assuming these deals aren't store specific

The problem is that they are all local deals and don't appear online.  I have friends/family around the country that fill their boots on my behalf if it's a good deal.  Smyths Toys in Reading (near where I live) have just opened and there's rumour of a very large set being half price soon to reduce stock.  I'm hoping it's the SSD and I will buy the lot.  Not the Death Star as that's around for another 56,325,112 years.

EDIT... Yes, I bought the Pot Noodle!

Guest TabbyBoy

The problem is that they are all local deals and don't appear online.  I have friends/family around the country that fill their boots on my behalf if it's a good deal.  Smyths Toys in Reading (near where I live) have just opened and there's rumour of a very large set being half price soon to reduce stock.  I'm hoping it's the SSD and I will buy the lot.  Not the Death Star as that's around for another 56,325,112 years.

EDIT... Yes, I bought the Pot Noodle!  Oops... strayed away from Gandalf - sorry!

• 5 months later...

The value of this set is rising steadily, did not expect that but am quite pleased. :thumbsup:

Now that you mention it, yes! It`s still not a good investment at this point though, unless you buy around that $10 mark. Gonna take a while to hit $30, but I see it there, at some point as high as $40, but that will take a couple years. 

• Like 1

Now that you mention it, yes! It`s still not a good investment at this point though, unless you buy around that $10 mark. Gonna take a while to hit $30, but I see it there, at some point as high as $40, but that will take a couple years. 

Man, I passed on 50 of these at $7 each.

Man....I only grabbed one of these for $9, didn't want to be "that guy" and take all of the clearance ones off the shelf for myself.  But apparently being "that guy" is the most profitable way to do it.  The guilty feeling lingers in me way too much for this business haha

• Like 1