What do you think will be clearanced after Christmas?

My gut tells me that the Lone Ranger will see massive clearance, and hopefully tmnt so I can stockpile some more of those. I'll buy Lone Ranger if it hits 50% or more off. There always seems to be a few city sets on clearance at Walmart after Christmas, and it would be great if the 7965 falcon would finally bite the dust, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

The Friends converible and Black Zero Escape is already on clearance in some Walmarts. They need to 86 some of the old Hobbit for sure to make space for the new ones. All the SuperHeroes sets (Wolverine, Lex Luthor, Ock Ock, Daily Bugle) from 2 years ago will need to be 86 as well to make room.

I think that the clearance sales this year will be disappointing compared to the sales from years past.  Walmart seems to be much tighter on its inventory management these days and is not carrying a lot of the older sets that have been around for almost 2 years.  Last years, there were tons of the SW Clone Trooper and Mandalorian battlepacks (which were getting ready to retire) in every WM that I visited.  This year, I have seen almost none of the two SW battlepacks that are either sold out or will be sold out soon (one is the Endor trooper and I can't remember the other).  I think that it is going to be slim pickings this year.

I think that the clearance sales this year will be disappointing compared to the sales from years past.  Walmart seems to be much tighter on its inventory management these days and is not carrying a lot of the older sets that have been around for almost 2 years.  Last years, there were tons of the SW Clone Trooper and Mandalorian battlepacks (which were getting ready to retire) in every WM that I visited.  This year, I have seen almost none of the two SW battlepacks that are either sold out or will be sold out soon (one is the Endor trooper and I can't remember the other).  I think that it is going to be slim pickings this year.

Yes, I agree.  The restrictions on sales on the large sets will make any sales on lesser sets look like winners, with people settling for less and maybe buying sets they would have passed on previously.

Good point, the retailers are banking on people have no $$$ to spend this year and want to take your $$$ ASAP with the steep discount early. Living in the northeast, the shelves are going to be cleaned out regardless what they do. For those who are wealthier than other in their respective region, you guys might end up pick up a lot of stuff cheap on the remainder inventory after xmas.

As stated above, the XMAS deals are now beginning in September it seems.  Black Fridays are now Grey Fridays and all the deals seem spread out and watered down IMO.  I'm sure there will some outstanding deals scattered around, but not with any rhyme or reason.  Pulling the trigger on solid deals and not waiting for home runs will be the new mantra.

As stated above, the XMAS deals are now beginning in September it seems.  Black Fridays are now Grey Fridays and all the deals seem spread out and watered down IMO.  I'm sure there will some outstanding deals scattered around, but not with any rhyme or reason.  Pulling the trigger on solid deals and not waiting for home runs will be the new mantra.

And being coupon ninjas. Thats where its at. This TRU sale is a good example. The 10$ off $100 work with most of their sale items. I bought like 6 off ebay at .30$ each or something. I have been getting sale stuff and getting that on top of it. Do it on Saturday and its even better. Two Vamp castles for $160 - 10$ - 10% for card. Plus the rewards points.

Funny, 13 replies in and nobody even mentioned Galaxy Squad.  It's like nobody even acknowledges GS as a theme on these boards.

When did they add that?

:shifty:

(Not my cuppa tea, but obviously the generic space theme is one of the tried and true like city and medieval that Lego always carries some of.)

I don't think Galaxy Squad is going clearance yet (It's new) and I'd actually be surprised to see TMNT go clearance. I think Lone Ranger is a candidate, being the movie did so abysmally, as well as most of the remaining "White Box" Star Wars sets. And obviously, the older Super Hero sets are going to go as well. Oviously, the rest of Wave I LOTR and Hobbit I'd expect to go - as well as some of the older Ninjago sets (Sonic, Lasha's, Epic Dragon, etc.)

What galaxy squad is everyone talking about? They have been clearancing  that all year? I think the end of the year will see the continuing clearance of Galaxy Squad and Lone Ranger. There will probably be some super heroes and any stores will the older Hobbit sets still in stock will likely clearance them. I do not think they will do TMNT yet though.  

Guest eightbrick

Crossing my fingers for some major Lone Ranger discounts. You lucky Americans already have some good deals on that Constitution Train  :thumbsup:  :laugh:

Same. The sets have grown on me a lot, hoping to pick up basically the whole theme. Too bad it isn't PoP bad, so it isn't likely we are going to see widespread 50% offs. Galaxy Squad is a definite clearance candidate too as they said.