What do you think will be clearanced after Christmas?

Funny, 13 replies in and nobody even mentioned Galaxy Squad.  It's like nobody even acknowledges GS as a theme on these boards.

I for one don't. I took a bath on some of the most recent space police sets, so I steer clear of these fantasy inspired space themes, other than Star Wars of course. If I come across some at 70% off or more I'll buy them for my son, but I doubt he will play with them for more than a few days before he moves on to his license themed sets which he loves.

I was listening to Clark Howard this AM on the radio. He said retailers like Walmart and Target increased purchasing by 65% for the christmas season earlier in the year when the economy was supposed to experience it's "escape velocity". Since then the govt shutdown, the healthcare mess, and "fiscal cliff" have shattered consumer confidence. THe result is that these major retailers need to unload a ton of Christmas inventory. Look for prices to start dropping drastically on items the next few weeks. ***again...this is just what i heard on the radio, but Clark Howard is a pretty knowledgable guy when it comes to cosumerism, so take it for what it's worth.

• Like 1

I for one don't. I took a bath on some of the most recent space police sets, so I steer clear of these fantasy inspired space themes, other than Star Wars of course. If I come across some at 70% off or more I'll buy them for my son, but I doubt he will play with them for more than a few days before he moves on to his license themed sets which he loves.

I'll be doing the same.  I may get a full set for my son at 50% off or more, but that's it.

Guest eightbrick

I was listening to Clark Howard this AM on the radio. He said retailers like Walmart and Target increased purchasing by 65% for the christmas season earlier in the year when the economy was supposed to experience it's "escape velocity". Since then the govt shutdown, the healthcare mess, and "fiscal cliff" have shattered consumer confidence. THe result is that these major retailers need to unload a ton of Christmas inventory. Look for prices to start dropping drastically on items the next few weeks. ***again...this is just what i heard on the radio, but Clark Howard is a pretty knowledgable guy when it comes to cosumerism, so take it for what it's worth.

Interesting, thanks. We can hope, I guess.

All of the first wave Galaxy Squad stuff from the beginning of the year went on clearance for the summer at Walmart so I can see the second wave offerings going on sale in January actually (course it will just be 30% off as usual from Walmart). I already have all the Galaxy Squad sets so I'm done with those. (I must be the only one here who actually likes the original Space theme over the repetitious Star Wars which really hasn't changed in years. SSDD.)

I am personally hoping for Lone Ranger or Castle in particular. TMNT might see some sales but don't get your hopes up thinking the Shellraiser Street Chase will be one of them as that set has not seen one sale and keeps selling out online. Some of the Chima sets should see discounts hopefully (and I wish everyone would lay off the Speedorz). 70% off, whoever can actually find sales like that for real is one lucky SOB.

That means the upper class that can actually afford Lego gets to benefit from the low prices.  It'll be tough for all of us to resell.  No beuno.

• Like 2

That means the upper class that can actually afford Lego gets to benefit from the low prices.  It'll be tough for all of us to resell.  No beuno.

Exactly my sentiment looking at these low prices.  The flood of highly discounted sets will keep the price down in the secondary market for a long time.

You must not have any shopkos near you, Orc...muahahahahahaha!

Please, I found a stack of speedorz for $4.50 at Kmart the other day.  Too bad they are heavier and bigger than the Ninjago spinners.  The shipping costs for these things ate up any potential profit