Friends Character Encyclopedia 2014

wholovesboo

Didn't catch this earlier, but the Friends encyclopedia reveals that all the animals from the Friends line actually have names! Some pets from various sets do have names as revealed on the box, but I haven't seen the animals from the collectible packs named before. Wondering why the names were left out of the actual product...

Anyway you can see a page spread showing some of the names on brickfanatics.co.uk:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-friends-character-encyclopedia-preview/

The BrickQueen reveals this too in her video preview posted by TOK above, which I only now got around to watching. (Kind of wish I hadn't watched that video because she gives a bit too much away IMO!)

Best prices I've found for preordering are on Amazon and BN.com

• 4 weeks later...

Preordered my copy of the Friends Character Encyclopedia on BN.com and got it in the mail a couple days early.

It's a lot of fun to read through. There's a bunch of background info on all the characters, including the peripheral ones. You find out how they know each other and what else they do. Andrew, apparently, works at both the computer store and the toy store in the HL mall.

The jungle sets and the upcoming animal series packs are all included in the book. The HL mall is not. (Raise your hand if you're looking forward to the aqua blue plates in the upcoming jungle sets! I've been needing a couple to float my Dolphin Cruiser on.)

The HL mall set is not included, but the characters that come with the set are. There's a minifig of Dr. Sophie (from the HL Vet) in a turban and mud mask. I guess there's a spa on site.

I just paged through it, but I can't wait to read through it in its entirety. Diehard Friends fans and little girls will love it. Though I am a bit hesitant to let my daughter see this book...it's basically a checklist of all the Friends sets she doesn't have yet!

The jungle sets and the upcoming animal series packs are all included in the book. The HL mall is not. (Raise your hand if you're looking forward to the aqua blue plates in the upcoming jungle sets! I've been needing a couple to float my Dolphin Cruiser on.)

I just paged through it, but I can't wait to read through it in its entirety. Diehard Friends fans and little girls will love it. Though I am a bit hesitant to let my daughter see this book...it's basically a checklist of all the Friends sets she doesn't have yet!

I had no idea about the aqua blue plates.  Looks like I may be picking those up.

And that's my biggest fear about getting that book.  My 6 year old daughter is going to gravitate to every set she doesn't have.  Yikes!

Here is a Brickset review by Huw on the Friends Character Encyclopedia. If you care to have a laugh, try reading the comments section. They aren't even talking about the book but instead having a 'debate' about the English language. What a riot.

Moving along, Naya in the book is not exclusive or at least the individual parts aren't. Her torso is this one which was included for three characters spread across four sets and her legs here in two sets on two characters. So much for an "exclusive outfit"; nothing here is anything of the sort. Maybe the cell phone is unique? That's the only piece with that print in that color I can't seem to find on Bricklink. Nevermind, I just found the smartphone.