Lone Ranger sets are now showing up in discount stores like Ross. Retirement soon?

My wife found 2 Stage Coach sets for $18.99 at Ross. Usually stores like Ross and Marshalls (at least in my area) do get some of their toys from local Target (and maybe Walmart) and the items are near the end or past their normal retail life.

Think this is an indicator to sets are near retirement?

It could be. I have seen some small sets in Matshalls in the past, but I do not know if they were close to retirement or not.

Possibly. We all know the movie tanked big time (one of the largest flops in history). The sets up here where I am move very slowly from what I can tell. If they aren`t retiring now (hopefully they do in the next couple months) I`d bet heavily that they will be gone by spring/summer next year. More likely spring. Would be very surprised to see them sticking around past that. 

Speaking of TLR sets, all 3 Lego stores in my area have the Chase Train on display now, along with Horizon Express sitting side by side.  I think they used to have the entire TLR theme on display for about a month when the movie just came out but have taken it down since then.   The 4 TRU stores I went to yesterday still had a lot of TLR sets on the shelves.  The Chase Train, even discounted at $64, wasn't moving at all.

Speaking of TLR sets, all 3 Lego stores in my area have the Chase Train on display now, along with Horizon Express sitting side by side.  I think they used to have the entire TLR theme on display for about a month when the movie just came out but have taken it down since then.   The 4 TRU stores I went to yesterday still had a lot of TLR sets on the shelves.  The Chase Train, even discounted at $64, wasn't moving at all.

That`s a great price. I`d buy them all at $64. Nice set but hard to pay the $130 MSRP up here for one. I will not do it. Stagecoach will likely be a solid investment, but the question I have to ask if how much are people going to be willing to pay for if down the line? MSRP is $30 US and $40 CAN. Decent prices, but how much higher can it go before people realize that they really aren`t getting a good value anymore? I see it hitting $50-60 in 3 years or so (maybe a bit sooner) but that`s it. Unlikely someone will pay more then that for one IMHO, if it goes that high at all. 

Yeah see this is why I decided to pass up the TRU sale in favor of the inevitable clearance of the LR sets thats coming. Every Target, Walmart, TRU and Kmart in my area has a minimum of 5 trains on the shelf and my TRU has 8+ even with the 50% off. 50 bucks for the train, thats when I'll bite...

Once they hit Ross, Marshalls and TJ Maxx it means retailers are salvaging them (getting rid of them because they either bought too much or are crappy sellers).  Don't worry, you will see plenty more of LR hitting these stores.  They have been HORRID sellers in the retail market.  Look for galaxy squad and LOTR/HOBBIT soon.

Yeah see this is why I decided to pass up the TRU sale in favor of the inevitable clearance of the LR sets thats coming. Every Target, Walmart, TRU and Kmart in my area has a minimum of 5 trains on the shelf and my TRU has 8+ even with the 50% off. 50 bucks for the train, thats when I'll bite...

after visiting the store two times and having it in my cart once I end up not getting a train, third visit last night to go back and use a coupon and they were all sold out. I guess I'll get one after christmas.