Project Picks - Ideas sets to be supported

TheOrcKing

I had a modular idea for them that I was going to submit, but after reading the fine print, I think I will keep it to myself. There is no way I am giving them full creative license of MY IDEA for no cost. This is common when you work for a company and they get creative license on what you come up with, but at least they are paying you a salary, Lego is giving you nothing, like others have said, no even free sets of you YOU came up with. No thanks Lego, I will keep my ideas to myself, come up with your own. Enough of my rant, this may have been answered before, but if your CUUSOO project is selected, outside of the satisfaction of it being produced, does the creator get anything for it?

Enough of my rant, this may have been answered before, but if your CUUSOO project is selected, outside of the satisfaction of it being produced, does the creator get anything for it?

http://lego.cuusoo.com/guidelines

You will receive credit and compensation for your original ideas. We recognize three types of ideas, as follows:

A. Original Model Ideas. You will receive 1% of net sales if your LEGO CUUSOO Project is chosen and the LEGO Group commercializes it as a LEGO set.

B. Original Part Ideas. You will receive a one-time flat fee as remuneration for a part idea that is produced, to be determined by the LEGO Group.

C. Original Model Ideas based on Licensed IP. You will receive 1% of net sales if the model you submitted is based on third-party intellectual property (e.***. Star Wars

Project: UCS - Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine RC

Designer: TeamBTTF

Started: February 6, 2012

Synopsis:

An "Ultimate Collector Series" style design of the time travelling car from the classic film series.

Built with Power Functions for full remote control play.

Opinion:

A very good rendition of the DeLorean just by itself. Now adding the fact it has complete remote control capabilities makes this all the more impressive! Although it doesn't go anywhere near 88 mph, it's still fun to watch this MOC doing its best to break the time barrier.

Here's the video link showing the RC functions.

Promotion Movie on flickr

Credit goes to yodaman5556 for pointing out this project!

Thanks, man!

Project: UCS - Lord of the Rings: The Argonath

Designer: Shayd_DeGrai

Started: February 27, 2012

Synopsis:

Two large-scale builds, each similiar in size to the UCS "Statue of Liberty" set, recreating the "Pillars of the Kings" from "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" book and film.

Opinion:

One of these alone is incredible as is, but here we get two fantastic builds! Size & piece wise make both equal to two "Statue of Liberty" sets in one. (Translation: VERY expensive!) However, the designer realizes this and does offer the idea of selling them individually if the project passes. Still, a magnificient work of art!

Project: Mechwarrior (Battletech) Atlas

Designer: czar

Started: April 5, 2012

Synopsis:

A recreation of the iconic 100-ton mech from the Battletech\Mechwarrior Universe. Complete with multiple joints of full articulation allowing for great flexibility as well as playability.

Opinion:

The scope of this build is awesome! It looks great and probably plays the same. With all of the numorous joints built in (I've lost count of how many there are), there isn't a pose this beast couldn't do. The best thing that would come out from this passing review (besides the MOC) if it does, is we would get a whole line of Mechwarrior in LEGO! With the new "Mechwarrior Online" game coming out, the insane popularity behind Mechwarrior, and hundreds of Mech designs, this series could be the next STAR WARS!

Plus, the designer of this is also the same one who designed the EVE Online - Rifter, which is currently still in review.

Project: Wolfpack's Den

Designer: reekardoo

Started: May 29, 2012

Synopsis:

A small castle resembling a wolfs head based on the classic CASTLE theme, "Wolfpack".

Design features interior and can be opened like a book from the back.

Opinion:

A simple but nicely detailed build. It may not be that great of a design (for a theme you may not even heard of),

but the overall idea is good and, after a little LEGO makeover, could look fantastic!

Truly for fans of the ol' classic Castles!

(Come to think of it, LEGO needs to give the "Wolfpack" guys a makeover in the MINIFIGURES Series!)

Project: XS-SP33D Fireball

Designer: CSF_Blake

Started: October 14, 2011

Synopsis:

A medium-sized design of a futuristic spaceship/racecar hybrid.

Opinion:

It's a good sleek spaceship that would definately be right at home in a futuristic racing game or even a space combat sim. Nice mix of old & new parts.

Been around for a year, and hardly any support (barely over 150).

Kinda sad really.

Project: The Glory of Rome (Imperium)

Designer: mminnitt

Started: January 10, 2012

Synopsis:

A theme project hoping to capture the era of the Roman Empire.

Would feature various characters, architecture and designs.

Opinion:

I've already made mention of this one about three times, and I still can not support this one enough.

LEGO really, really, REALLY, needs to do a Greek/Roman theme! Period! While the designs are somewhat lacking, the minifigures and warship are superb! Even if this project doesn't quite pass, hopefully it will bring attention to LEGO the possibilities that could come from a theme like this!

Beautiful architecture, great characters and amazing myths!

As someone here said, a Greek/Roman series would be a minifigs goldmine!

Project: Prototype Attack Mech Alpha Zero

Designer: danr

Started: July 13, 2011

Synopsis:

A large-sized mech with around 11 points of articulation and a reverse-engineered cannon, defending the Galactic Inquisition.

Opinion:

Has a very nice strong appearance, sports smooth corners & rounded edges. Only problem would be the religous connotations on the front of the legs. They do add detail but, unfortunately, will have to go to pass review.

Project: The Wizard's House

Designer: AlexP

Started: June 15, 2012

Synopsis:

The two-story home of a powerful magi, decorated using a variety of techniques for roofing, masonry, woodwork, and interior.

Opinion:

Yep, another amazing MOC from designer, AlexP! Not quite as big as his other project, Medieval Market Street, but still just as impressive. The work done on the roof shingles, rivine, and small stained glass windows is just incredible!

Project: Modular Town Plan Cinema

Designer: Hinckley

Started: December 15, 2011

Synopsis:

A modular-style cineplex loosely based on the "Town Plan" set released in 2008.

Opinion:

First off, this a very nicely detailed build. I can easily see this right next to any of the other modulars.

I can see a smidge of the cinema from the "Town Plan" in this, but that's superficial.

At this point, there is very little resemblance between the two other than the basic idea.

Anybody waiting for next years "Palace Cinema" modular, maybe this will suffice until then.

Hinckley and AlexP are two designers that I would keep a close eye on. Every project each has made have always been very detailed, interesting, and have some actual play value (besides just sitting there & looking pretty).

Project: Desktop Series: Sky-Fi

Designer: rongYIREN

Started: July 27, 2012

Synopsis:

An idea for a line of mini-built jets small enough for a person's workspace or desk, yet durable enough for playability.

Opinion:

Considering how small these are (and still have room for a minifig) these are quite nice.

Smooth lines and curves, and a bit of an 'anime' look to them. Would love one for my desk or shelf!

Project: Wipeout AG-Systems 750+ Antigrav Racer

Designer: Aliencat

Started: October 17, 2011

Synopsis:

An "Ultimate Collector Series" take on the futuristic antigravity racer for AG-Systems from the video game series, "Wipeout".

Opinion:

The design of this is practically spot on! Definately captured the look and feel of the original design.

This model looks great from every angle (which helps thanks to the nice stand).

Whether or not you loved the "Wipeout" video games, this is just kickass!

Project: The Manticore

Designer: CSF_Blake

Started: October 14, 2011

Synopsis:

A heavily armed orbital battlecruiser, with two massive laser turrets on top, an assortment of smaller turrets and cannons, and a hanger section housing two small fighters.

Measures approximately five feet long, and contains alteast ten thousand pieces.

Opinion:

....Wow. Just wow. This thing is freakin' HUGE!!!! Which in way, would be one reason it would not pass review.

But still come on! Plus there is actual interior, and the design of the fighters are great too.

Alot of changes would have to be made for this to be considered being turned into an actual set,

but that shouldn't be much of a problem considering how much LEGO would have to start with!

MOCStars: The Manticore - Brick Show TV

Project: Magneto's Power Armor

Designer: greg

Started: July 6, 2012

Synopsis:

A fully poseable, minifig scale, robotic suit for the most iconic villian from the X-Men comic books, Magneto. Designed to utilize the least amount of parts, but still be very detailed.

Opinion:

Had a really hard time deciding which one of his mechsuits to pick for this thread. They are all really good and if you have the time, check out all of this designers projects. He really loves his mechsuits! (But he's good at it!)

Anyway, the overall design is great. Gives off a very strong and tough vibe.

Wouldn't matter who's piloting, ANY character would look pretty badass in this mechsuit!

Included three pictures of his other projects, along with the three for this one, to give you an idea of his overall design and feel.

Project: Labyrinth Marble Maze

Designer: Touthomme

Started: April 18, 2012

Synopsis:

A fully functioning version of the classic marble maze. Featuring interchangable layouts, a built-in ball container, and a lock piece for travel.

Opinion:

The mechanical design of this is simply brilliant. The controls are simple, but work amazingly well.

The four playfield ideas he has shown so far are very nice, and each subsequent one we see is more detailed than the last!

Labyrinth Marble Maze - Promo Video

This project has already been showcased on five different sites!

Project: Blue Angels F-18 Hornet

Designer: Rufus

Started: May 19, 2012

Synopsis:

A minifigure scale representation of the most well known United States Navy aerobatic display team's jet. Features an opening cockpit with room to seat two figures, and removable landing gear.

Opinion:

There are quite a few jetplane ideas on CUUSOO, but this one just 'grabbed' me the second I saw it.

Beautiful use of colors, and the pieces used really bring out the curves of this aircraft.

Chaulk it up to nostaglia, but I would love to have this sitting on my workdesk!

(And maybe some of you other 'army brats' would too!)

Project: The Venomous Toxicrill

Designer: Stormbringer

Started: March 5, 2012

Synopsis:

A venomous species of dragon that sprays toxic fumes instead of fire, known only as the "Toxicrill"

Opinion:

A bizarre use of colors to go with a bizarre looking dragon. It definately catches your eye!

The small valley itself is decent. Could use some more detail.

Project: LL-573 (AM)

Designer: J4ke

Started: October 18, 2011

Synopsis:

A spacecraft design with a mix of the Classic Space theme, modern building techniques, and pieces.

Opinion:

Besides the choice of color, there's a 'Classic' vibe in this design. There is some similarity between this and a Jedi Starfighter from "Star Wars", then again so do many other older spaceships in cinema (& video games).

A classic design for a classic theme.

Project: LL-573 (AM)

Designer: J4ke

Started: October 18, 2011

Synopsis:

A spacecraft design with a mix of the Classic Space theme, modern building techniques, and pieces.

Opinion:

Besides the choice of color, there's a 'Classic' vibe in this design. There is some similarity between this and a Jedi Starfighter from "Star Wars", then again so do many other older spaceships in cinema (& video games).

A classic design for a classic theme.

I love the old Space theme. Here is a nice remake of the Galaxy Explorer...

Here is a nice remake of the Galaxy Explorer...

Dude, sweet!

I love alot of the old space themes as well. (Actually, I love ALL the space themes!) There are some sets from the Classic Space series that could use a redesign similiar to what was done in the pic you attached. I've drawn up a couple of BLACKTRON redesigns (and inspired new designs) in my spare time just recently. I have another CUUSOO project that is Classic Space inspired that I was saving for later. I think I'll go and post that one next.

Out of curiosity, where did you find that image?

I would really like to see that designers other work, please.

Project: LL1012-12 NCS-Speeder

Designer: T.Oechsner

Started: December 13, 2011

Synopsis:

A "Star Wars" inspired Classic Space style design of a spacecraft.

Opinion:

An interesting hodge podge of odd parts. Every inch is just filled with various building techniques and detail.

A little bit of color could make this design really pop! (Still looks good as is, regardless.)