• Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up a bunch of Chima from Target clearance at 50% off.  I am not able to get through an entire day without one of my boys(ages 4,6,8,10) asking me if they can put one of the sets together.  I have Lion Temple, Craggers Ship, Ultra Striker, Gorzans Mech.  I am hoping to sell all the Chima this Holiday season.

I jagged 2 each of Craggers Command Ship, Nest Dive & Tower Target all at 50% off. Reading through the China threads, there still seems mixed opinion, but they could turn a fair profit closer to Christmas (though I'm leaning towards holding the Craggers ships a bit longer)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To me there are signs that the Chima theme is going to an end after only 2 years (no more sets revealed, only 3 sets for the next wave to come, focus on Ninjago sets...).

This theme has been popular: TV show, lots of sets, quite charismatic heroes (don't forget we're talking about Lego minifigs), and a video game (this last point is important to me).

So, I know that it's early but who knows, if the theme retires on autumn it could a good timing to search for deals right now.

Do you guys think it will be a good theme to keep after EOL ? Or maybe it would wiser (that's my opinion) to flip on Xmas 2015, if some sets come to a shortage ?

As for me I'm already stocking some Fire Temple (I got them with 55% off)

I would be glad to read your opinion. :)

In my opinion... this theme has proven to be a winner already. Especially the big temples and vehicles. Check out the 70010, 70014 and 70006 in Europe.

I am already flipping them and will remain to do so until Xmas 2015. Maybe keep one or two of each for the "You'll never know".

Biniou: Great call on the Fire Temple. I haven't seen a nice sale on them yet. But I will follow your lead.

We have this last year for anything Chima but come the end of it or sometime around the beginning of the next, these will be retired or on their way to. I can see the logic from the investing masses saying this theme for the most part is nothing to invest in other than the biggest of sets yet some still write off a few that fall in that category. It is a strange stepchild from the doors of LEGO making for a future worth uncertain as the TV series plot's outcome. Nevertheless the amount of fantastic figures, useful pieces, and not too shabby vehicles of war are undeniable whether you enjoy the theme or not.

Legends never die unless forgotten. I believe that is what most worries about with Chima in short.

I think the Lion chi temple and craggar command ship will hit double msrp, not sure many other sets will. But I have made decent money from this theme quick flipping sets that were 50-80% off. If I didn't sit on some ultra strikers and worriz combat lairs for a year I'd have no ill-will towards chima at all. 

At least from my selling experience it had been a tough sell. I did pretty good on the CHI Temple but it took some time to move some smaller clearance items. I think overall it is a pretty forgettable series that will become forgotten when kids move on to the next cartoon.

Edited by Yinchuan