Lego sets to invest in for the end of 2013

Fire Brigade finally showing as 'SOLD OUT' in U.K. LEGO Shop at Home.

I think this set is finally done but everybody has them stashed so I can't see a decent return for years if then.

Helms Deep should be a winner, maybe not so much as the Harry Potter castles but I predict this set to be gone by January  and  gains of 50%+ in year 1. (Barely educated guess of course).

In the UK Technic stuff is really popular and people pay top dollar for rare sets, I've just stocked up with a few recently e.o.l'd sets like the Quad Bike, Tractor and Helicopter.

Lots of Friends sets have just ended here too and I think  there will be a strong market for them within a year (Stables, City Cafe, Tree House etc..)

I noticed the latest Battle of Hoth  set (75014) has sold out already, that's a really short run for a new set and even though it's a pretty poor Star Wars set we all know what returns on short production sets can bring, like The Zombies and The Burrow in the last 2 years.

Last one worth a mention is the Constitution Train Chase (79111) The Lone Ranger theme will surely be a complete flop but a Lego Train with only a 6 month production run now E.O.L.?  I'm in for a few as they are still discounted quite heavily over here.

Not sure how useful this info is for the American market but most sets follow suite within a few months historically.

Stu

Helms deep is done. If you find them, buy them. Even better if you can get them at a discount obviously, but at this point paying retail for them isn't necessarily a bad thing if you don't have any yet.

TRU.com is selling it for $165, and I think I saw some at retail stores for $135.

You would really buy it at these prices!?

$165, no. that is not normal retail. $135 isn't the best, but not terrible at this point if you can get them in a bogo sale. they can be had for less online right now, but I wouldn't wait on them.

what are you guys projecting the price to be in, say in 6 months?

Do you guys think the lego fire brigade will do good after it's retired in the USA. It's already retired in all of Europe. But I feel like to many people saw what the cafe corner, green grocer and market street did after they retired. So they couldn't let this go. What do you think. Also what about the tower bridge.

Do you guys think the lego fire brigade will do good after it's retired in the USA. It's already retired in all of Europe. But I feel like to many people saw what the cafe corner, green grocer and market street did after they retired. So they couldn't let this go. What do you think. Also what about the tower bridge.

search the forums its discussed in detail.  FB we all have different opinions. TB, looking positive, if it ever retires.

Fire Brigade finally showing as 'SOLD OUT' in U.K. LEGO Shop at Home.

I think this set is finally done but everybody has them stashed so I can't see a decent return for years if then.

Helms Deep should be a winner, maybe not so much as the Harry Potter castles but I predict this set to be gone by January  and  gains of 50%+ in year 1. (Barely educated guess of course).

In the UK Technic stuff is really popular and people pay top dollar for rare sets, I've just stocked up with a few recently e.o.l'd sets like the Quad Bike, Tractor and Helicopter.

Lots of Friends sets have just ended here too and I think  there will be a strong market for them within a year (Stables, City Cafe, Tree House etc..)

I noticed the latest Battle of Hoth  set (75014) has sold out already, that's a really short run for a new set and even though it's a pretty poor Star Wars set we all know what returns on short production sets can bring, like The Zombies and The Burrow in the last 2 years.

Last one worth a mention is the Constitution Train Chase (79111) The Lone Ranger theme will surely be a complete flop but a Lego Train with only a 6 month production run now E.O.L.?  I'm in for a few as they are still discounted quite heavily over here.

Not sure how useful this info is for the American market but most sets follow suite within a few months historically.

Stu

Stu could you please let me know where to get a decent discount ( more than 25%) on the 79111? I've been looking for ages with no success. Thanks

I wouldn't forget the VW Camper, not sure it's EOLing already but I sold my polybag for 100$...it was probably a very lucky sale on my part but still, I can only imagine what the full set will be worth within 1-2 years, especially for any VW collector.

I don't see too much point in investing in FB now. I don't have any, I'll get some if I ever see a good discount on it, but as said before, so many people have them pilled up I don't see the point. Maybe for a long term investment...

For a little investment, not sure why more folks are not buying up the he 9496 Desert Skiff. 4 great looking minifigs in this smaller set. This little vehicle has a cult following among Star Wars fans. Just try finding a Kenner POTF. It has only been made 1 1/2 times before but the older versions are far smaller nor sleek as this one. Folks will want this to complete their Jabba-Lego world. the Sarlacc is icing on the cake.

Oh, and it should be retiring very soon if Lego's typical SW 2 yr retail cycle is followed.

Guest TabbyBoy

Hello,

10218 and 10226 EOL,

Source Brickset

I hope 10218 is EOL as modular genocide is well overdue.  10226 is no surprise as this was the only set that was -20% on BF at LEGO Shop at Home.  10227 was also -20% on 23NOV and we know what happened to that, don't we?  10226 is a superb model and I have "******" amount of them! ;-)