Lego sets to invest in for the end of 2013

I suspect one thinking behind the long life of FB and GE was to have sufficient product range for fans to form a short street that will kick start the addiction. This strategy has worked wonderfully. retiring FB and GE together is possible as there is new Parisian restaurant coming, thus there will be four modulars available, still a decent number to draw in new collectors. FB and GE has held the fort long enough.

But to retire petshop together with FB and GE may be a risk of rolling back the appeal of modular houses as a whole to future new addicts.

why in the world would they retire 3 modulars .. but only release 1.. not following you on this one. I think these modulars are good money makers so I highly doubt lego will EOL them without replacements

why in the world would they retire 3 modulars .. but only release 1.. not following you on this one. I think these modulars are good money makers so I highly doubt lego will EOL them without replacements

I'm saying it's not good business to EOL all three at a go. There has to be sufficient range of modular houses available for lego to attract new followers.

Any idea of the Architecture series? It seem most of them going oos or back to MSRP on the major sites (LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon, target, walmart...). A few days ago I started regretting not grabbing the White House when it was $34. Is this just a Christmas chaos or are they retiring?

Even if it's truly done, I'm happy with $250 on a $110 price. 

I've noticed that the life time of Architecture Studio seems very short. Was there any indicator at the beginning that this is going to be the case? Just wondering what sign to be aware of in terms of investment. Thanks!

Any idea of the Architecture series? It seem most of them going oos or back to MSRP on the major sites (LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon, target, walmart...). A few days ago I started regretting not grabbing the White House when it was $34. Is this just a Christmas chaos or are they retiring?

Very tough to tell with any of these sets. If one is retiring, I would bet on the lower numbers as they have been out longer.

I've noticed that the life time of Architecture Studio seems very short. Was there any indicator at the beginning that this is going to be the case? Just wondering what sign to be aware of in terms of investment. Thanks!

None - that's why you're seeing these being sold for $250 and up for a $150 MSRP set.

Very tough to tell with any of these sets. If one is retiring, I would bet on the lower numbers as they have been out longer.

None - that's why you're seeing these being sold for $250 and up for a $150 MSRP set.

Thanks!

Also, the Highway Pickup seems retiring too. I guess that's why TRU and FAO were giving them away? They are out on LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon, Walmart, Target... any ideas about keeping them or selling them? Will it appreciate?

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks!

Also, the Highway Pickup seems retiring too. I guess that's why TRU and FAO were giving them away? They are out on LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon, Walmart, Target... any ideas about keeping them or selling them? Will it appreciate?

I've noticed that the Highway Pickup is not exactly flying off the shelves as I've seen the same old box stay on the shelf for over a week at The Entertainer and John Lewis even when reduced to

Guest TabbyBoy

From what I've seen piled up at department store checkouts this weekend, the larger purple/pink boxes are the way to go.  I'm filling my kinky booties during the January sales!  LEGO have underestimated demand for these which is good news for me.