Dolphin Cruiser. Buy now, sell now.

kerrmando

I got 4 from yo yo for about 55 from Ed's (Emazer) rec over the summer. I thought he was going a little "overboard" buying so many...but as per usual...he proved right. Now if those friends houses, riding camps, and horse trailers tick up---ill be happy. Those are the only ones I stocked (relatively) deep. Have 8 houses and riding camps, and 10 horse trailers. All bought for about 30% off at target/tru over the summer

Of course...it just came out. That is why I didn't load up this summer. But I am selling the ones I have next week...and wish I had a lot more.....these may get to 100 plus "ship" as regular price next week on eBay. Clearing ~30 per is decent for a 3 month hold---on a 55 nut.

Exactly. I think you can cleanup over a few weeks here with Funhouses and Dolphin Cruisers.

Nobody missed the boat on the Dolphin Crusier its on the 2014 Wholesale list for the whole year.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can we find the 2014 Wholesale list?  I would love to know where a bunch of stuff sits for the next year (TLR and some of the Ninjago stuff especially).

Some of us are noticing a trend at tru. Vampyre castles and most all mf sets all but disappeared from tru shelves.  Then...they suddenly and obviously started to reappear in big qty....then the huge sale hit.  Few weeks later I posted that baxters were being  restocked in all my local tru--hundreds  of em----(another set I thought was done) then the big sale hit.  Now the funhouse I thought was done...out for months at all my tru.....now there at  tons of them.  Interesting to see if there is even a better deal than the recent bogo coming on these.

I been getting plenty of Funhouse's at Toys R US for $30 a piece buy one get one 50% off and they are at retail $39.99 and I used the $10 gift card from Black Friday. I doubt if we will ever get them cheaper than that, all 6 Toys R Us in Baltimore has gotten plenty of cases in, and knowing Toys R Us they usually let there exclusives run the whole time of the License. Which could be a year or so longer.

Some of us are noticing a trend at tru. Vampyre castles and most all mf sets all bit disappeared from tru shelves.  Then...they suddenly and obviously started to reappear in big qty....then the huge sale hit.  Few weeks later I posted that baxters were being  restocked in all my local tru--hundreds  of em----(another set I thought was done) then the big sale hit.  Now the funhouse I thought was done...out for months at all my tru.....now there at  tons of them.  Interesting to see if there is even a better deal than the recent bogo coming on these.

With the way the retailers are marking down merchandise, it looks like they are all hurting.  It's is quite visible on the low end.  The earning conference calls for the last 2 quarters, Target kept having issue with their inventory with lower foot traffic.  Target ended up leading and having the most aggressive markdown.  Lego already got their money from selling to the retailers but it look like everyone is too stocked up this year.  

Is there  something special about the tmnt sets I am missing?  The figures are all incredible, but most would agree the sets are garbage.  We built them all, and only liked the baxter set, but even ours was flimsy on the ball/socket and tipped over all the time.  The shell raiser was a poor design--boring and flimsy----and the lair was 3x too small and over priced.

Now with all the Chinese fake figures...there seems no point in investing...I have 0 saved for investment sets.

My question...where are  the sales?  They must be getting close to end, and I doubt there  are new sets coming...as the new show hasn't caught fire...and barely caught on.  These sets were never  really discounted to 30-40% like most others.  Would everyone agree...or am I just  missing the sales on these?

boxofcorey, are you including the Funhouses in that statement expecting them to come back again? I was thinking that one might be sold out for good.

Correct. I think you'll see them disappear briefly and be able to make money this Christmas on them, especially at the current deal. But I see TRU restocking this set again, just like the MF line.

We're playing a game where the house holds all the cards and we literally have no idea what's coming. LEGO/TRU/Whatever are either getting very crafty or we are all so delusional that we are worrying about nothing. Only time will tell.

Was just able to grab 10 more DCs from walmart.com. Keep an eye out. They are still popping up!

Btw i almost got 15 but my freaking credit card company detected "unusual activity" and wouldnt let the last batch of 5 go thru. "Unusual activity"???? Guess they arent brickpickers!!!

Is there  something special about the tmnt sets I am missing?  The figures are all incredible, but most would agree the sets are garbage.  We built them all, and only liked the baxter set, but even ours was flimsy on the ball/socket and tipped over all the time.  The shell raiser was a poor design--boring and flimsy----and the lair was 3x too small and over priced.

Now with all the Chinese fake figures...there seems no point in investing...I have 0 saved for investment sets.

My question...where are  the sales?  They must be getting close to end, and I doubt there  are new sets coming...as the new show hasn't caught fire...and barely caught on.  These sets were never  really discounted to 30-40% like most others.  Would everyone agree...or am I just  missing the sales on these?

You seem awfully concerned about a theme you said you have no love for... :P

Is there  something special about the tmnt sets I am missing? where are  the sales?  They must be getting close to end, and I doubt there  are new sets coming...as the new show hasn't caught fire...and barely caught on.  These sets were never  really discounted to 30-40% like most others.  Would everyone agree...or am I just  missing the sales on these?

Chalk it up to one part nostalgia and one part "kids loves turtles who so happen to be ninjas". ;) As for sales, the Shellraiser Street Chase sold out a few times easily on Amazon so it hardly needed any sales. Plus it is the new generation Turtle Van more or less. Turtle Lair was $10 off at one point and the rest of the sets did have some sales barely around $5 or less off. Whatever the formula is, TMNT items seldom need discounts to help them fly off the shelf it seems.

By the way, there is a rumor for more sets coming out next year.