Dolphin Cruiser. Buy now, sell now.

kerrmando

I picked up two more from Amazon.com today and lucked into finding 2 at a Toys R Us I stopped at when picking up some Heartlake Vets and Heartlake Stables at Wal-Mart.  I was able to get them BOGO 50% off and use a Wendy's coupon, so basically $95 for both.  I sold 3 quick today and have 6 more to sell this week and next.  I'll stock back up on them next year.

I wish I got more DCs! I only got 3 very shortly after they were released. I found them at very ghetto Walmart in the clearance aisle for the amazingly low price of $20 each! They each have written on them with a red marker a big "D" on the bottom narrow part of the box, which I assume it means "Damaged", but 2 of the 3 are otherwise pristine, and the third one just has a light scoring from them going to far with the razor when they opened the box.

It was an epic score, one of the few like it's I've ever been luckiy enough to find... but the super low price caused me to pass up other DC deals at $40-50 which I'm regretting not jumping on. In a way, getting them for $20 may have lost me a bit of money lol.

BTW, I'll preempt any "pics or it didn't happen" replies...

bp_1386139825__20130824_005245.jpg

-PB

• Like 3

Guest betsy805

You got $65 a piece for them?  Jeez!  I should but them from your bricklink store for $54, and sell them for $65.  Easy sawbuck for me.  Was that $65 before the fees/shipping/after?  Details please!

LOL, not on bricklink, on ebay.  I give them free shipping, so after shipping, fees and top rated discount I'm netting $15ish profit each (it'd be more if not for that darn 9.8% sales tax I have to pay to get them!) I think I need to raise the price for the other 8 though if they're selling this quickly.  

Wondering if I should sell the DC I bought for my daughter for my Christmas for double the price, and buy her other friends sets instead...lol the gf will want to kill me. I slept on this set, gotta admit.

I bought 2 back in November from Amazon when they were at $55 - one to build, one to sell, but I never built the first one. I listed the one to sell at $80 but the $55 price point persisted for a long time and then dropped to $50 (ugh) and I thought I was hosed. Then all of a sudden mine sold, and I told my daughter she was just going to have to wait - listed the second one at $85 and it sold right away (this was last week). I've got 5 waiting for pickup at one of my local WM's, maybe she'll get the 5th one and maybe not - depends if this boom lasts LOL.

So your profit like 10 bucks...or 5.00???...cause shipping for this 4lbs set near $12-14 ...i think too many random sellers ruin the lego market...dumping great sets foR quick flip and make no money at all. Just do the math next time before list lego on ebay...

I got 35 of them...i waited price to raise to 90tsh level...sold 15...now selling for 119.50 rest of stock...getting more and hopeing for price to hit 140. This is i call wise investing.

post-6007-0-07661800-1386182927_thumb.pn

• Like 3

LOL, not on bricklink, on ebay.  I give them free shipping, so after shipping, fees and top rated discount I'm netting $15ish profit each (it'd be more if not for that darn 9.8% sales tax I have to pay to get them!) I think I need to raise the price for the other 8 though if they're selling this quickly.  

Yike, buy it now is selling for 85 easy on Ebay right now.

I do not know where its came from but i am selling it today for 120.00...sold 2 today. This set will hit 140 in a week cause nowhere to be found now...after Xmas will be back to normal 80 bucks...

Are you a top rated seller? You guys get a huge advantage.

People will use the gift cards after xmas so prices might not recede.

Are you a top rated seller? You guys get a huge advantage.

People will use the gift cards after xmas so prices might not recede.

...I know it will...may be not to 80 but 85 or 90...and when all major retailer start restocking this set price will drop even lower...this is time to sell up to18-19th December. After Xmas will be dead...

I just listed my first at 108.  It sold in 2 hours.  I listed my second at 115 we will see.  I am going to go to walmarts and check em out.  I cannot place a store pick up order at any of them.  I will also check out target.  I paid 55 for each of mine.  Through my firm I can ship ups ground 65% off so i can offer free shippinng and it costs me about 4 bucks.

Just made a sweep through some stores...not only are all DC's, but the entire Friends line is picked clean. Even toys r us - literally the friends shelf is empty except for a couple of the cheap sets left when all the other sections still have nice stock. The friends line demand seems to be extremely high currently...

Agreed. In case there are any doubters, 38 copies of the Dolphin Cruiser have sold today alone. That's 2.2 sets per hour, 53 a day, and 370 a week!

CB, are you looking just at eBay's Sold listings on their site, or using Terapeak?

If the former, it'll be even higher than those numbers. When a seller has multi-quantity in a listing (say, a listing for Dolphin Cruisers and they enter 4 as the quantity), that listing won't show up in the "sold" items until the last one sells from the listing; so, numbers 1, 2, and 3 don't show up at all (on a simple eBay sold search).

And if Amazon has been in and out of stock on this, some of their resellers will have made sales, too.

• Like 1