Dolphin Cruiser. Buy now, sell now.

kerrmando

CB, are you looking just at eBay's Sold listings on their site, or using Terapeak?

If the former, it'll be even higher than those numbers. When a seller has multi-quantity in a listing (say, a listing for Dolphin Cruisers and they enter 4 as the quantity), that listing won't show up in the "sold" items until the last one sells from the listing; so, numbers 1, 2, and 3 don't show up at all (on a simple eBay sold search).

And if Amazon has been in and out of stock on this, some of their resellers will have made sales, too.

That explains alot! I was struggling to get my math to add up! For some items i knew a ton sold, but the sold listings were only showing a couple.

Thanx again for educating me Justafrog! You're such a wealth of knowledge!

It is super weird until you figure it out - for example, in my sold listings right now, I have ONE sale of the Steve & Creeper minifigs when I've sold four or five in the past week - but the one that shows is the sale that ended the listing.

Occasionally on the eBay forums someone will rampage in to yell at someone else that they know nothing since they only sell two items per week or whatever. Like as not, it turns out that the multi-quantity seller they're insulting simply hasn't had many of their listings run out of stock recently and sells a lot more than it appears on an eBay "sold" search.

Just made a sweep through some stores...not only are all DC's, but the entire Friends line is picked clean. Even toys r us - literally the friends shelf is empty except for a couple of the cheap sets left when all the other sections still have nice stock. The friends line demand seems to be extremely high currently...

Try run the Target app and check the inventory.  A lot of Target stores still have it available.  I was able to grab 12 yesterday easily from 3 different Target stores.

If you don't see it on the shelves, ask the clerk at Guest Services and they will look it up for you,   Sometimes they have a few in the backroom.

Just made a sweep through some stores...not only are all DC's, but the entire Friends line is picked clean. Even toys r us - literally the friends shelf is empty except for a couple of the cheap sets left when all the other sections still have nice stock. The friends line demand seems to be extremely high currently...

I would like to thank Lego US marketing for putting on these Lego Friends commercials on cartoon network. One of my buddy's little girl call them "pink Lego." It's like selling crack to nuns and water to flounder.

• Like 1

ok, help me do some math here:

If you got them for say $50, and sold it for $120 with free shipping, how much are you making minus ebay, paypay, postal fees?

Crop off 10% Ebay commish, 3% paypal if paid seller by credit card, 0% paypaid if paid seller by checking, up to 18 bucks USPS if you go from East coast to West Coast. You have your approximate P/L.

In my case, 55 purchase prices and 61.  Shipping will run me 4 bucks.  Net of shipping before ebay fees that is 82% gain.  Making that in a few days or even 50% is fantastic.  The dollar amount is always relavent to legos in that the numbers are small unless it is exclusives or modulars.  In my mind unless your putting 20-40k into lego for growth over 3-5 years it will be very little set by set.  if I can turn a 30k investment into 90-120k over 4 years I am very happy.  Selling and reinvesting along the way.  i do this knowing that it may be 40-50 bucks hear or there.  If you count the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves.  The major counter party risk is LEGO releasing duplicates etc. after sets retire, killing the secondary market.  Other investors are not a real concern because the market is huge.  If the market were not huge lego would not have become #2 in the whole world, which is crazy in and of itself.

I bought 2 back in November from Amazon when they were at $55 - one to build, one to sell, but I never built the first one. I listed the one to sell at $80 but the $55 price point persisted for a long time and then dropped to $50 (ugh) and I thought I was hosed. Then all of a sudden mine sold, and I told my daughter she was just going to have to wait - listed the second one at $85 and it sold right away (this was last week). I've got 5 waiting for pickup at one of my local WM's, maybe she'll get the 5th one and maybe not - depends if this boom lasts LOL.

So your profit like 10 bucks...or 5.00???...cause shipping for this 4lbs set near $12-14 ...i think too many random sellers ruin the lego market...dumping great sets foR quick flip and make no money at all. Just do the math next time before list lego on ebay...

I got 35 of them...i waited price to raise to 90tsh level...sold 15...now selling for 119.50 rest of stock...getting more and hopeing for price to hit 140. This is i call wise investing.

LOL you're so much more awesome than I am! We all know what we want out of this. Personally I'm happy with a 15-20% ROI in 60 days (made $23 between the 2 of them with $110 investment). Trolls is as trolls does, but I don't feed them (nor do I get my rocks off making fun of others' investment strategies). Have a nice day!

• Like 1

I just cant figure walmart out sometimes (most times). When the Cruise Ship first came out over the summer one walmart clearanced them! I got 3 for $35 each. Im certainly not complaining, but on what universe does that make any sense???

Planet Walmart! I can't pay them to take my money. Tried creating multiple online accounts, using multiple types of payment, online and store pickup, per the customer service rep's suggestion over the phone. Can't get an order to go through. I'm able to check out and I get a confirmation email, but half an hour later I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. What gives Walmart? Take my money!