LOTR Helm's Deep Officially Retired

My local TRU store has a bunch of 9471 Uruk Hai Army, but it's selling for $36.99, With BOGO 50%, it's like $28 per set, close to MSRP. I probably can apply the Wendy's $10 coupon.

Is it still a good buy at this price?

You can have them match the $29.99 BOGO 50% off price at toysrus.com. This will bring the price down to $22.50 each. Hurry!

I have six, wish I would have grabbed more.

I wouldn't lose hope just yet. Just like Diagon Alley and other sets that retired last year these may still pop up for sale here and there over the next month. You just have to make sure you keep watching brickpicker.com.

I hate that I missed Diagon.  :cry:

I'm a big believer in Helm's Deep.  Appeals to fantasy nerds and castle nerds.

I hated that I missed Hogwarts Castle.  I waited too long to get better discounts.  I remembered checking TRU one day and they were sold out during some kind of sale and never came back :(  To add insult to injury I passed on several smaller/addon Hogwarts @ Kmart waiting for their 50% off sale.  I have not been able to look at anything Hogwarts on eBay ever since lol

I just got 3x HDs (separate orders) from Tesco to cover myself.  The extra clubcard points and boost came in very handy.

I just bought 2 HD from tesco - found them through quidco and hopefully applied cash back. also got separate purchases to get 1000 extra points per purchase. Works out about 62 pounds each or thereabouts. - interestingly, initially tesco said it was sold out. Tried searching again, adding to basket and it worked second time - so maybe about to run out...

We meet again. You replied to a post of mine on hotukdeals. I ended up buying 4 fire brigades! lol - you said the bubble had burst on that one. Only time will tell I guess

Where are you based?

Guest TabbyBoy

I just bought 2 HD from tesco - found them through quidco and hopefully applied cash back. also got separate purchases to get 1000 extra points per purchase. Works out about 62 pounds each or thereabouts. - interestingly, initially tesco said it was sold out. Tried searching again, adding to basket and it worked second time - so maybe about to run out...

We meet again. You replied to a post of mine on hotukdeals. I ended up buying 4 fire brigades! lol - you said the bubble had burst on that one. Only time will tell I guess

Where are you based?

I'm in Reading, you? Tesco often has deals on EOL stuff. I'm in two minds about the FB as I was told by a Legoland employee that it's coming back. However, I don't think you can lose if prepared to wait.

I can't believe how much you people in the USA can pay for you LEGO sets! Helm's Deep is retailed at 170 CAD and as far as I know, it was never discounted to less than 150 CAD. So I had to my local TRU, show them the migatoy.ca price for HD, which was 143,99 CAD and have them apply the 10% less price policy. Here in Quebec, we're lucky enough to pay two taxes which amount to 14,975%. Bottom line, I paid 148,99 CAD for each set. It amounts to about 136 USD... I assure you, it's probably as less as we can get it here!

I'm considering getting my US citizenship! :)

I can't believe how much you people in the USA can pay for you LEGO sets! Helm's Deep is retailed at 170 CAD and as far as I know, it was never discounted to less than 150 CAD. So I had to my local TRU, show them the migatoy.ca price for HD, which was 143,99 CAD and have them apply the 10% less price policy. Here in Quebec, we're lucky enough to pay two taxes which amount to 14,975%. Bottom line, I paid 148,99 CAD for each set. It amounts to about 136 USD... I assure you, it's probably as less as we can get it here!

I'm considering getting my US citizenship! :)

do you pay any sales taxes on items you purchase in the US?

if not, why not invest in a local UPS store (or some equivalent) account in the US side (around $200 per year; not a PO Box so all major carriers deliver with no issues), have your purchases deliver there for your weekly pickup?

just a thought