LOTR Helm's Deep Officially Retired

Blah blah blah...free cash flow going to infrastructure. "I can stop spending tomorrow and start making a profit." That's the rherotic for 17 years, tell me something I don't know. It is a huge fixed cost business, once they are done growing it becomes a utility. Why not own a power or phone company that's pay you back 5% a year?

It's not diffcult to understand. I have my Lego operation and roll every dime of my profit to buy more land and houses to store more Lego. Eventually, I'll stop when there are no more land and houses to buy, I'll give my profit back. The question is when? As long as the stock price is up Amazon can continue to do so. Doesnt look like a good business to me unless it's on someone else's money.

There are too many out in the open market from what I see. Lego has them as retired, yet Barnes and Noble has lots in stock at fire sale prices........I just grabbed two and I stopped, not going to break the bank on this.

May be it's planed by Lego to increase their total sales. I think it's a great set and people would want to have it. Lots of money still can be made from this.

There are too many out in the open market from what I see. Lego has them as retired, yet Barnes and Noble has lots in stock at fire sale prices........I just grabbed two and I stopped, not going to break the bank on this.

Sometimes I do feel like this about the set.

Watch if go from retired to available on LEGO Shop at Home and the forum explodes.

It was a great set to build.  Me thinks many of the buyers/investors/collectors will build at least 1 for themselves.  I built 2 and most likely will rip open the third when my son a year or two older so we can have some massive battles with the cool sets.  Unless another huge battle set from LOTR comes out, it is destined to be opened.

Sometimes I do feel like this about the set.

Watch if go from retired to available on LEGO Shop at Home and the forum explodes.

That's what worries me. And with this deal BN has, it should be sold out by now. I wake up and I still see it available. I bought 2 last night and I'm sure there should be at least 10 people who did the same, so at least minimum 20 gone. I got 3 set in total. The way this set is flooded in the open market will require a lot of patience for the price to rise. It's a bit different from the Fire brigade where everyone would want to own that, but the HD set is a bit less attractive. I know for a fact that the Asian buyers aren't that crazy over this compared to the FB or even Hulk's helicarrier. With $200 spent on two HD sets, I'm not buying more. Taking my money to the Unimog at TRU where the US site is offering a $25 discount on top.

enough with the FB already! We all know how bullish you are on that. According to you no other set compares to it. lol

FB is heavily stocked by investors as well and it was discounted on amazon at $119 forever. All 3 sets will do well and make money

and that's what matters.

FB was never discounted except in the US buddy. Fine, lets not talk FB, unimog and mkII crane, tell me a time they were discounted big time.

Those two will mop the floor with HD and FB. If people can think globally rather than domestically, money would be made at a wider scale.

Should ask anyone outside of the states which sets were heavily discounted, FB or HD.

I'm not your buddy and everyone is tired of your rants. No need to keep arguing with everyone about the FB and bashing every set that isn't FB

That's all you've been doing for the past week and myself and others are tired of it.

p.s. I sell everything globally and wide scale just fine.

You and a few bi-polar closet lego fans are the ones who "thinks" I'm bashing every set. How is it I'm bashing HD when I have 3 myself. I'm just stating the fact that I can't see it going up that fast in price with the amount that's out in the open market. They are all over the shelves at my local TRU. You are just emotionally tied up with a few sets. Like I said, the Unimog will mop the floor with any of these sets that you're trying to back up. Discounts here and there, the problem is only the United States gets steep discounts. You like those BWing kids think you've got it good because you got your discounts. Calculate true worth of a set through retail price and price appreciation from retail price. So far, the only retired set that has been rocketing in the past month is the Hulk Helicarrier, a true test of real worth and it ain't even close with HD or the BWing.

You and a few bi-polar closet lego fans are the ones who "thinks" I'm bashing every set. How is it I'm bashing HD when I have 3 myself. I'm just stating the fact that I can't see it going up that fast in price with the amount that's out in the open market. They are all over the shelves at my local TRU. You are just emotionally tied up with a few sets. Like I said, the Unimog will mop the floor with any of these sets that you're trying to back up. Discounts here and there, the problem is only the United States gets steep discounts. You like those BWing kids think you've got it good because you got your discounts. Calculate true worth of a set through retail price and price appreciation from retail price. So far, the only retired set that has been rocketing in the past month is the Hulk Helicarrier, a true test of real worth and it ain't even close with HD or the BWing.

I agree with the guy that the real test of each set appreciation is through retail comparisson to actual growth....

if B-wing is retailed at 200$ the true success (for me) is when it reaches 100% of its MRRP..... anything below that is a failure overall... but it might be personal success depending on the discount you get.

FB was never discounted except in the US buddy. Fine, lets not talk FB, unimog and mkII crane, tell me a time they were discounted big time.

Those two will mop the floor with HD and FB. If people can think globally rather than domestically, money would be made at a wider scale.

Should ask anyone outside of the states which sets were heavily discounted, FB or HD.

FB was discounted heavily for a long time... and then Lego put in their exclusives policy which nixed it. There was literally years though of great discounts.

Do you aspire to be the "I-know-more-than-anyone-else-d0uche" in every thread? If so, congrats.

• Like 2