LEGO 21050 Architecture Studio, SOLD OUT in store and online. Anymore coming?

toni8284

Hi,

I have been buying and selling over 80 sets of 21050.

but since last week, more and more people are buying from me in BL.

I started at $175, then $179, then $189, then $209.

And people are still buying.

Now in my area, they are COMPLETELY out of stock.

LEGO store, TRU, BN. All gone.

No one know if they will receive more.

So, my question was, if this set going to be retired or they don't produce enough.

Should I go find more and put it away for couple year or just temporary out for the holiday?

Any thoughts?

I'd be really surprised if this was gone completely. I've sold 8 of them myself. The guy in B&****** a couple of nights ago said they weren't any "order-able" item anymore in their system. But that could also change. This would be such a short shelf life if this sucker is really EOL already.

I'll be interested in what happens to this set. 

It is a fairly a-typical set in the sense that it doesn't come with instructions to build a specific big structure, rather it encourages to use your own creativity. Whether that helps hor hurts demand for it we will have to see and find out. The set might be retired early, the other explanation could be that Lego didn't want to go out on a limb too much with this formula and initially only produced a limited number of sets and the demand has been bigger than their supply could keep up with. More production could be on the way, or not.

Also, this set wasn't sold in Europe, because - obviously - Europeans are not interested in architecture. 

This could mean that European demand and only Northamerican supply could drive up the price further for you. Of course transatlantic shipping and additional costs such as import duties would make it expensive for a European buyer to get from an American seller. How many people would be able to go to this length is I guess the million dollar question. I was, but only for one on Amazon.

I still don't know what's special about this set and why everyone wants to pay over $220 for it.  Oh well...

Perhaps the set could be considered as a sort of 'brick bucket' for grownups? It does offer a diverse selection of parts all in the same neutral color so one can simply focus on building that perfect model home to thy hearts content, and the box presentation is very nice in appearance. Plus including quite possibly the largest idea book printed in the history of ever can surely help.

I think its gone. Why in the world would Lego take an item they intended to keep selling and have it out in the busiest time of the year.

Furthermore a set that is so perfect as a gift to a creative person or someone who loves Legos.

I don't know why they would retire it, but I am 99% sure at this point it is gone.

• 2 months later...