7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

• 7 months later...

LEGO 7965 at TRU - $80

Went to TRU today to pick up a 7965. They price matched Walmart's $99.97 price based on the picture of their ad that I pulled up on my phone. They are also running a promo that takes $20 off of sets that are over $100. Total out the door was $79.97 + Tax. FYI - There is also a promo that give a Lego Bank with any purchase over $60, but I was advised that I was not eligible for this since they price matched. Still a good deal overall.

• 1 year later...

My prediction - it has another year to go, will retire Jan 2015, leaving a short window before a new version comes out to coincide with the release of the new movie. And I predict it will be a new UCS release, with a slightly DIFFERENT version of the Falcon. No inside knowledge, but this would be fun. :-)

• Like 1

My prediction is this one is retiring June 9th this year.  Then we get a break for 2 weeks, and then the friends version comes out--with pastels and a full size UCS Leia.

You meant mini doll Leia right (a la Friends) ?  That way she can take mini doll Rapuzel and the rest of Disney princesses on a ride through the galaxy far far away.

this is lego's vehicle version of the death star.  no need to retire it.  it sells too well.

someone with access to the 2014 lego wholesaler's list can confirm 7965's availability for next yr.

Look at the number of minifigs included.  Just add R2-D2 and 3-CPO and you get the main casts of SW New Hope.  By the way, have you ever wonder why this set came with Darth Vader but not R2 and 3PO ?  Hmm, perhaps pairing this set with Droid Escape is not a bad idea.. 

Look at the number of minifigs included.  Just add R2-D2 and 3-CPO and you get the main casts of SW New Hope.  By the way, have you ever wonder why this set came with Darth Vader but not R2 and 3PO ?  Hmm, perhaps pairing this set with Droid Escape is not a bad idea.. 

Yup.  I might sell 3-4 7965s to make room on one of my shelving units for the soon to be shipped Helm's Deep sets.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this set has been seen on more shelves only recently since it is holiday season?  My recollection is that this wasn't at most Target and Walmart stores for a while.  It just started showing up again within the last couple months.  Maybe that will be the way it goes... it could hang around for a couple more years, resurfacing each holiday season.  But when it does retire, I think 7965 will be a good set to have.  It is probably the best Falcon available after the UCS version, so it should be popular with new collectors who missed it while it was available.

I think 7965 is the best non UCS MF, and the next iteration of this MF will be based on the upgraded MF to be used in the new trilogy. So there has to be some value to 7965 over the long run since the UCS MF is way beyond the means of most folks.

There may be a chance that TLG will retire 7965 soon to create a gap until the new MF is released in conjunction with the new trilogy. In his way, the new MF will have strong demand?

Is it just me, or does it seem like this set has been seen on more shelves only recently since it is holiday season?  My recollection is that this wasn't at most Target and Walmart stores for a while.  It just started showing up again within the last couple months.

It only just reappeared at my Target about 4-5 months ago but still nothing at Walmart. I wonder how store shelves will look by next year if this is to be included now? I mean, it is a BIG freakin' box.

Has anyone seen the Microfighters Millennium Falcon, #75030?!?  It is both ridiculous and loveable at the same time!  I tried to insert a pic of it, but it wouldn't let me.  It's on Brickset for anyone who is interested.

Here you go.

75030_brickset.jpg

6540_n.jpg

Despite everybody else's opinion, I am interested in these Microfighters and depending on the price point may buy myself quite a few.