7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Has anyone an idee when this set will go eol?

Probably as soon as the sets for the new Movie showup in 2015(2016?)..  There's no reason to keep some of the older SW sets around even if they sell with several sets for the new movie coming out in the next year or so.  I strongly believe that there's little if any chance another UCS Millenium Falcon will be produced even if Harrison Ford flies a variation of it in the new movie simply because 7965 is still being produced and Ewok Village, UCS Sandcrawler, and UCS Slave1 are in production.  With all the opportunities for future UCS SW ships and 7965 already out, it wouldn't make sense that they'd bring another Falcon back to the drawing board. Wanting to coincide with the obvious hype that will be created by a J.J. Abrams Star Wars movie I don't think there's any chance Lego won't jump to start producing sets to go with the movie(If they haven't already started creating designs) while phasing out less popular star wars sets to make room.

Probably as soon as the sets for the new Movie showup in 2015(2016?)..  There's no reason to keep some of the older SW sets around even if they sell with several sets for the new movie coming out in the next year or so.  I strongly believe that there's little if any chance another UCS Millenium Falcon will be produced even if Harrison Ford flies a variation of it in the new movie simply because 7965 is still being produced and Ewok Village, UCS Sandcrawler, and UCS Slave1 are in production.  With all the opportunities for future UCS SW ships and 7965 already out, it wouldn't make sense that they'd bring another Falcon back to the drawing board. Wanting to coincide with the obvious hype that will be created by a J.J. Abrams Star Wars movie I don't think there's any chance Lego won't jump to start producing sets to go with the movie(If they haven't already started creating designs) while phasing out less popular star wars sets to make room.

It is known that the Millennium Falcon will be in the new movie, so maybe TLG would just let this model keep running through then instead of designing a whole new Millennium Falcon set?

Edited by Spanky

Yes, the theme and minifigures of the one in question 7965 are indeed Episode IV specific. But this awesome space ship appears in every Episode IV, V and VI.

We can all speculate and try guessing what plan TLG has for this one. However, have you guys seen any lack of stock of this set, any sings of EOL as with other sets etc? We know that the SSD is a UCS set, so things are quite different for the non-UCS sets, still a lot people here were we saying the SSD will stay till 2017 and so on.

My point here is, have got any factual reasons to believe it will be gone soon? 

One thing is to consider though!

The set comes with minifigures of Episode IV, as mentioned above. The ship is not Episode IV specific, but the set with those minifigures is indeed Episode IV specific.

We know we'll see the MF in the new movies, but it wouldn't make sense to keep this set on the shelves as it relates to Episode IV.... I think it will be gone in 1 year time and maybe an update will come later on, one which features some tweaks and new minifigures to keep it in line with the new movies.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea if it is worth loading up on these if I can get them at roughly 70% MSRP? ($100 US)

would also like emazers view....

Who ever said there was no such thing as a "dumb" question?  :taunt:  I really hope you are joking and the answer is a resounding, YES, RUN, STOP, DROP, & ROLL.

• Like 1

i am really jonesing for a good MF sale.

this set is always excluded from sales because it sells so well usually w/o much discount.

the bigger question to ask is what will the price do when it goes eol. 

this set gives me a death star vibe like it isn't ever gonna leave, but when it does, the price will go up.

this is one of the few $50+ star wars sets that consistently sells in the hundreds per month on ebay - this is more than 3 years into its life cycle.

when it goes eol and the supply dries up that type of demand isn't just going to disappear and prices will rise briskly.

if there is no MF remake, i think will give the recent modulars a run for their money in the short term.

this is one set where the enduring demand more so than the supply or rarity of distribution makes it a winner.

if there is a new MF, this is the depiction of 7965 price curve.

• Like 2

i've been buying them @ tru for 90$ every thursday plus free promo.

I'm no ed but thats a good deal. now i dont want you all to miss the boat and what have you chasing after these fire trucks @ target when u could have been grabbing the MF @ TRU right across the street. BA

Who needs falcons, when there's still Batcaves to be had?

i've been buying them @ tru for 90$ every thursday plus free promo.

I'm no ed but thats a good deal. now i dont want you all to miss the boat and what have you chasing after these fire trucks @ target when u could have been grabbing the MF @ TRU right across the street. BA

Close. Too much punctuation.