Lego Movie logo- brick built

Dneul

A living room table worth of bricks was used. There are 16 brick levels and roughly 85 pieces for each level. Plus the plates and tile pieces for the letters for so I would make a rough guess of around 2500 pieces

Thanks for the estimate. After looking at the picture again, it does not seem so hard to make something like that. Maybe I can do that in the future if I have the time. I know I have enough piece, I just do not know if they are the right ones for this type of build.

Thanks for the estimate. After looking at the picture again, it does not seem so hard to make something like that. Maybe I can do that in the future if I have the time. I know I have enough piece, I just do not know if they are the right ones for this type of build.

You have to know whether or not you have the right pieces too. Anyways, I think the hardest part of building that is 1. The supports, and 2. The texture of the word LEGO. I see you included quite a bit of texture with different pieces to get the right touch, and I think the OP did a fantastic job.

• Like 1

You have to know whether or not you have the right pieces too. Anyways, I think the hardest part of building that is 1. The supports, and 2. The texture of the word LEGO. I see you included quite a bit of texture with different pieces to get the right touch, and I think the OP did a fantastic job.

Thank you. I hesitated to post about it but do indeed like how it turned out.

Rather spot on, and looks like you use some of the same storage drawers I do. :) Now you only need to achieve the 'floating' effect from the poster.

I have though about that. I can turn in on its corner and then make clear inverted triangular pieces from 1x2 clear bricks

This is what it looks like with it propped up on its corner.

post-29826-0-60154600-1386217897_thumb.j

That is amazing!  How long did it take you to plan it out?

I have been building this in my head for weeks. Actually physically planning it out was by the seat of my pants. Counted the studs in the offical picture of the lego movie and then just laid pieces out and built. Snotting the movie letters was challenging.

I did some searching and it looks like I have the right pieces. The hard part is finding out if I have enough of those pieces.

• Like 1

Isn't having enough pieces part of having the right pieces?

I'm just going to follow you around today and 'LIKE' every single one of your posts. (EDIT: NVM, got you and Quacs confused... *walks away quietly*)

And my brain hurts looking at the picture of the logo, I can't tell how big the pieces are. It's something about the studs on the white versus the size of the pieces in red. o_O

I'm just going to follow you around today and 'LIKE' every single one of your posts. (EDIT: NVM, got you and Quacs confused... *walks away quietly*)

And my brain hurts looking at the picture of the logo, I can't tell how big the pieces are. It's something about the studs on the white versus the size of the pieces in red. o_O

It is 60 studs across, 16 layers high, and 19 bricks wide.