Does ToysRus remove certain items off their website during a sale?

icephoenix181

Sunday I went to ToysRus and saw they had the bogo 50% off deal. Saw they had a ton of Batcaves too! They were for $90 though.

Today I check the same store for store pickup on the website and it says they have none in stock. Pretty sure with the amount they had, that they didn't sell them all.

I will go later tonight, but it seems they removed this product from online inventory probrably during the sale.

Yeah they canceled my order for 2 funhouses. But had them in stock when I went. Not cool.

TRU does match the online price in-store.  There were 20 in the store I went tonight but no pick up in-store option.  Another TRU in the area had a ton when I was there over the weekend.  They just added the pick up in-store option at 5 pm tonight.  It's all about being persistence and constant checking.  

I went to TRU on Black Friday and the floor ran out of the City Town Square.  I waited for an associate to finish up what he was doing and made him look up the merchandise locator and above the shelves.  I told him I'll do the survey and mentioned his name.  He ended up letting me walk out with 4 of them (limit 1 per visit) with 4 separate transactions.

TRU does match the online price in-store.  There were 20 in the store I went tonight but no pick up in-store option.  Another TRU in the area had a ton when I was there over the weekend.  They just added the pick up in-store option at 5 pm tonight.  It's all about being persistence and constant checking.  

I went to TRU on Black Friday and the floor ran out of the City Town Square.  I waited for an associate to finish up what he was doing and made him look up the merchandise locator and above the shelves.  I told him I'll do the survey and mentioned his name.  He ended up letting me walk out with 4 of them (limit 1 per visit) with 4 separate transactions.

Well, the Batcave is still not showing up in my stores and they still had a ton last night.

I spotted 3 Stephanie's Cool Convertibles on the shelf today at TRU. Said out of stock online. There must be some sort of delay with website updates. Like the stores have to each push all the updates manually or something and it's not done fast enough.

It should be no longer than an hour or so for store to site updates.

But they also can simply choose to make the set unable to have "free store pickup", which is essentially the same thing as not showing in stock so I have no idea why so many sets are showing incorrect inventories... it can't be because they just don't want to honor the discounts. The system they use could be outdated?

Well, the Batcave is still not showing up in my stores and they still had a ton last night.

Im afraid you'll have to show up and rip it off the shelf yourself. TRU is very lenient with their PM and obligated to match the deal on their own website. Make sure you are on the good side with the manager as they have to override the price manually on the BOGO. The surveys are part of the manager's bonus in the retail industry so mentio filling it out would help your cause.