Target BOGO 50% off select themes. Week of 12/8

Bold-Arrow

I just don't understand as to why you would have a BOGO deal when most of the items are not even in stock online

maybe just to show that they do care about having some sort of sale? lol

Or maybe they didn't expect things went out that fast during the past weeks

It is weird - all these retailers, even Amazon totally screwed up the holiday season. Everything is OOS after the sales. If you are gonna 50% off stuff, have backup stock. Now they go through the next two weeks selling nothing.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just do 30% off stuff for 3 weeks - would have sold the same amount and made more money. Half the point of a large retailer sale is to move MORE items than you normally would - which covers the cost of selling stuff so cheap.

It is weird - all these retailers, even Amazon totally screwed up the holiday season. Everything is OOS after the sales. If you are gonna 50% off stuff, have backup stock. Now they go through the next two weeks selling nothing.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just do 30% off stuff for 3 weeks - would have sold the same amount and made more money. Half the point of a large retailer sale is to move MORE items than you normally would - which covers the cost of selling stuff so cheap.

The retailers are desperate for the cash flow for Q4.  These sales have not been seen for years.  Half the growth of the Q3 GDP in the US is from inventory restocking, instead of consumption.  They got what they wanted in taking as much money from the consumers before Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  These sales is to try to get as many people in store in hope to find more deals and maybe buying other items.  It'll be interesting to see how the economy is next few quarters.

I just don't understand as to why you would have a BOGO deal when most of the items are not even in stock online

Same thing happened at my Target with their summer sales this year months ago. Most (which was almost all) of the few sets they even had labeled for clearance, they carried so few of to start with. Beginning of the sale, one Transport Chopper, two Small Cottages, two Mines of Moria, three The Hobbit game, and a couple small-medium Monster Fighters. There were some others but honestly it's like why did they even bother? Even Kmart had somewhat more stock with their last discount phase.

Heck, a bit more recently, somewhere they found stock of the Seaside House....four. :wacko: Glad I snagged two and price matched with Amazon cause the remainders were gone when Target had their own sale matching Amazon's price soon after.

Posted this in the daily deals thread for today.  Works out to $6 each, nice little deal.

So I stumbled upon a nice little unadvertised deal at Target this morning.  They had a standalone display near the Nerf aisle advertising the B1G1 deal on Nerf and Lego with the Patrol Car 4436 and other Nerf items in the display for $8.  Not on the display but listed on the sign was Lego Clone Troopers.  So I walked over to the Lego aisle and grabbed 75000 and 75001 and took them to the scanner. Sure enough 75000 Clone Troopers vs Droidekas scanned for $8 with a "Special Purchase" that showed up on the scanner. 75001 scanned at regular price. I grabbed the Patrol Car to scan and the "Special Purchase" tag showed up too.  I thought hmmm are the Clones B1G1 at $8?? So I took my 2 75000 to the checkout and sure enough they rang up $8 and $4! Sweet deal. 

Target's deals like this are usually nationwide and not on a store-by-store basis so if you want to double-check before you buy take it to the scanner and look for the "Special Purchase" to show up on the scanner.  I'll post pics in the Target thread for the sale since pics are not allowed here.

Link to item on Target.com to check stock in your area http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-clone-troopers-vs-droidekas-75000/-/A-14278679#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=lego+clone

Here's pics:

bp_1386699098__img_2808.jpgbp_1386699117__img_2809.jpg

• Like 1