7347 - Highway Pickup

cissi

I am not so familiar with the growth of the Creator line other than the modulars and the house theme. I think it's a pretty cool looking set and really good price per piece especially if you get it on sale. Now it seems on its way to retire... So here comes the question... Would you choose to keep your highway pickup or sell it now for cheap, especially for those who got it with TRU exclusive sets? If you choose/chose to sell it, how much will/did you sell it for? Thanks!

I got 4 Highway Pickups from TRU with the exclusive sets. I returned one to Walmart yesterday for a $84.77 gift card. Pretty good. Gonna try again in a couple days.

I believe they only let you do this a couple times per year and put in your driver's license if I remember right.  No reason to get banned at Walmart for these.

like a return without a receipt? Then how did they find the price?

If it is an item they sell, they will find the price it was sold lowest for, I believe, and give you credit for it.  Since you're still spending money at Walmart, they don't really care.  If it's not in their system, you're probably out of luck.  Of course, with most everything being on Walmart.com these days, you could probably say that it was from there as well.

I believe they only let you do this a couple times per year and put in your driver's license if I remember right.  No reason to get banned at Walmart for these.

If it is an item they sell, they will find the price it was sold lowest for, I believe, and give you credit for it.  Since you're still spending money at Walmart, they don't really care.  If it's not in their system, you're probably out of luck.  Of course, with most everything being on Walmart.com these days, you could probably say that it was from there as well.

I agree. I have been debating keeping it or selling it. If I can only sell it for $50, the the good ppp ratio sort of makes me want to keep it to myself for MOC instead. hmmm

I agree about the immoral issue. I thought about this with Attack on Weathertop (9472). I paid 47 CAD at TRU for them and I could have returned to another TRU and they could have given me at least 64 CAD plus taxes (here in Quebec we like our taxes : it's ONLY 14,975%), which would amount to 73,57 CAD, for a profit of 26,57 CAD per set. There's a limit to unscrupulous capitalism.

By the way, the manager at TRU, seing that I was buying multiple identical sets, picked his big black marker and started to mark with a line the barcode on each boxes. When I asked why he was about to do this, he didn't have time to say anything, as I got the scheme he thought about.

I'm keeping them. I don't think this one will have any problem pulling $125 in a couple years.

Now reading you said this makes me want to keep mine too. xD In general, how many years are 'a couple'? Two? If I were to sell them, do you think next year will be better time than now?

Now reading you said this makes me want to keep mine too. xD In general, how many years are 'a couple'? Two? If I were to sell them, do you think next year will be better time than now?

No doubt in my mind.  It will be retired for a year or more and there are Creator collectors out there.  Of course, there are those who collect everything LEGO.  It might even be less than 2 years.  I think HIllside House and the Lighthouse will even pull $125 eventually.

Oh, yeah, I looked up Lighthouse several times before, sick price! I got 3 sets of Seaside House, nice light blue pieces. Basically I wanted to use them for MOC. Only opened one box to play with so far. But due to the storage space (making room for modulars), I opened the other two. So as my Log Cabins. lol

ok... so Target just shipped my Olivia's House... estimated delivery is between 17th and 19th... Hmmm, hopefully they come sooner than that though, otherwise how am I going to flip...? Maybe I should have got some from Amazon with 2-day shipping. Or time to go to Target stores? I guess for those flipping sets during this time, maybe these days could be a cutoff of ordering more since the shipment won't be able to catch up?

Edit: wrong place to post...

I got 4 Highway Pickups from TRU with the exclusive sets. I returned one to Walmart yesterday for a $84.77 gift card. Pretty good. Gonna try again in a couple days.

Be careful - this will be frowned upon as it is in reality fraud. Walmart is starting to crack down on no receipt stuff in my area as well.

As far as the set, exciter could be right. My buddy got one and its a pretty impressive set. I stay away from Creator because I just don't know it well enough yet to take a chance, but at the "price" you got it for, I don't think its a bad hold to see. Chances are you are gonna make something and not really be out anything.

Be careful - this will be frowned upon as it is in reality fraud. Walmart is starting to crack down on no receipt stuff in my area as well.

As far as the set, exciter could be right. My buddy got one and its a pretty impressive set. I stay away from Creator because I just don't know it well enough yet to take a chance, but at the "price" you got it for, I don't think its a bad hold to see. Chances are you are gonna make something and not really be out anything.

yeah, I agree, that's why I struggled to sell it low at this point. I guess with every retail dumping it cheap eBay price isn't pretty either. I haven't got a chance to build it yet though I intend to keep at least one for myself. Just by looking at the box, I can see how cool it will be built. Thing is, I may be moving in a year or two though... hmmm... then I have to move all the boxes... :P

I got one for $35 damaged box at a local store. Part of me wants to sell it, and scrape out $20 in profit. The other part of me just wants to build it, and I think I will probably end up doing that, because it looks fun to build. :-)

I think that's why LEGO is such an additive hobby!