10237 - Tower of Orthanc

3 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

This is one prediction many of us whiffed on for sure. Hasn't really appreciated much - basically the same price as Helm's Deep? My two are boxed away, will just keep forgetting about them and checking back later. 

After retirement, pessimism outweighed demand.  You can only blame lowballers for this one.

3 hours ago, jay4e said:

has the original listing for this dropped off Amazon? looks like a new listing was created but I can not find the old one.

Amazon's LEGO catalog is getting all messed up. I don't know if Amazon is doing it or if it's some dipsh*t seller. I've seen this happening with other sets, including Black Gate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thebluewizard said:

God, you really are clueless. Why do you even post here? Are you deliberately trying to bait here? 

Regardless of the size/loyalty/dedication of the fanbase, there just doesn't seem to be much post EOL interest in this set.  To answer your question though, yes, he was trying to bait LOTR fans and he got a couple bites.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks

9 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Got rid all 5-6 of mine and lost about $10-$15 each on investment. Better off lose some now and use the cash flow to invest in other better potential sets. This ToO set is finished. Not even worth the time waiting for it for go up $20 in a few years.

Wow that is some bad investing. How on earth did you manage that? I have a 75% profit on mine.

Yeah, in Europe you can get between 300-330 euros on ebay and maybe more on Amazon, before fees. That´s still better than Seacow, DS, Red 5 or Tumbler and way better than any 2016 retired exclusive. Just don´t expect a quick sale.

I just have 1 left now but it cost full RRP.

Edited by Val-E

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, in Europe you can get between 300-330 euros on ebay and maybe more on Amazon, before fees. That´s still better than Seacow, DS, Red 5 or Tumbler and way better than any 2016 retired exclusive. Just don´t expect a quick sale.

I just have 1 left now but it cost full RRP.

The sad thing is that price appreciation for this set has been basically zero. I sold my lone copy on ebay for around 320€ in early 2016. Glad I freed up the space and money back then.

3 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

The sad thing is that price appreciation for this set has been basically zero. I sold my lone copy on ebay for around 320€ in early 2016. Glad I freed up the space and money back then.

Yes, supply is greater than demand, you can get the knock off version for half price and it is just following the general downward trend of prices that Lego has suffered since mid 2015.

7 hours ago, thebluewizard said:

God, you really are clueless. Why do you even post here? Are you deliberately trying to bait here? 

Helms deep has stayed in its stagnant price range for 5+ years.  And some of the most beautiful and complex LEGO sets haven't appreciated much at all in the same time frame.

Edited by JRandall

31 minutes ago, JRandall said:

Helms deep has stayed in its stagnant price range for 5+ years.  And some of the most beautiful and complex LEGO sets haven't appreciated much at all in the same time frame.

It was more pointed at tabbyboy. I remember a while back he offered Mack money to have another user banned because that user offended him. BTW every set is different. Like I said; the too did well for me.

21 hours ago, jay4e said:

has the original listing for this dropped off Amazon? looks like a new listing was created but I can not find the old one.

They sent you the link but the Too listing is not showing up in searches.  Same with one of the newest AT At retired set....I have found a couple of listings in my catalog that are not showing up when searching.  I even called about the AT AT listing and they fixed it and then two days later it wasn't showing up again.  Currently AT AT is going for 400 bucks on the listing showing but there are about a dozen sets around 325 on the other listing that is not showing up but was the original listing.  I am guessing the ToO is having the same issues.

They sent you the link but the Too listing is not showing up in searches.  Same with one of the newest AT At retired set....I have found a couple of listings in my catalog that are not showing up when searching.  I even called about the AT AT listing and they fixed it and then two days later it wasn't showing up again.  Currently AT AT is going for 400 bucks on the listing showing but there are about a dozen sets around 325 on the other listing that is not showing up but was the original listing.  I am guessing the ToO is having the same issues.

Same with the Haunted House listing.