EOL Sign

Hello,

This is my first thread on the forum, so Helle everybody !

I have been investing in Lego for 2 years. My first sets for invest was the Harry Potter Diagon Alley :)

My wife is fan of Lego, this is why we started to invest first place.

Her favorite one to build so far is the Lego Light House.

For me, the nicest to watch is the Christmas Village decorated with Christmas lights.

We live in France, unfortunatly here Lego is pretty expensive...

Anyway, after this short presentation, I wanted to share and get your comments about my thought on EOL signs.

My belief is :

If a set has been sold for at least 2 years and is famous, first sign of EOL is Amazon is sold out.

Then it attracts my attention, I then check the following weeks the LegoShop, if that one too becomes sold out then I suspect the EOL is arriving quite shortly.

As an example, now I am following LegoShop about the Volskwagen combi.

Amazon France has been sold out for 10 days. It is very strange for a set which has been sold everywhere easily for long time.

Maybe, Lego does not provide them anymore with it because they stopped produce it.

How do you guys think about it ?

Hello,

This is my first thread on the forum, so Helle everybody !

I have been investing in Lego for 2 years. My first sets for invest was the Harry Potter Diagon Alley :)

My wife is fan of Lego, this is why we started to invest first place.

Her favorite one to build so far is the Lego Light House.

For me, the nicest to watch is the Christmas Village decorated with Christmas lights.

We live in France, unfortunatly here Lego is pretty expensive...

Anyway, after this short presentation, I wanted to share and get your comments about my thought on EOL signs.

My belief is :

If a set has been sold for at least 2 years and is famous, first sign of EOL is Amazon is sold out.

Then it attracts my attention, I then check the following weeks the LegoShop, if that one too becomes sold out then I suspect the EOL is arriving quite shortly.

As an example, now I am following LegoShop about the Volskwagen combi.

Amazon France has been sold out for 10 days. It is very strange for a set which has been sold everywhere easily for long time.

Maybe, Lego does not provide them anymore with it because they stopped produce it.

How do you guys think about it ?

it is a great way to predict when it will go EOL.  It is not something that you can take for granted, because it doesn't always happen like that.  Sometimes things get sold out because they are that desirable, and they go out of stock during the holidays.  Sometimes they do come back.  We try our best here, but nobody really knows.