Mini Modulars seems to be...

retiring soon? :P

It's 'call to check availability now' on LEGO Shop at Home. I really love this set and already have some stacked (not a lot by BP standard). Seeing it going away just makes me want to get more before it's complete gone. I hope it's gone (from the investment point of view) though hard to see it leaving. Complicated feeling...

:shifty:

It's been on sale for awhile. I am surprised it took this long to get close to selling out.

I'm with you. I picked up some before it's on sale and picked up more when it's on sale. It surprised me too that it didn't go oos a week or tow sooner. I guess fans' wallets were running low with all the deals going on the past few weeks.

wow, that's fast. lol

I have faith in it to go over $200. That too optimistic?

With cost and space contraint with a majority of the population, 200 isn't overreaching. You are talking 3-4k to own the 5 big buildings. I don't see too many people can afford that.

I hope they do 2.0 and think it's 'logical' or reasonable for them to do so. Just as the whole modular line, they should have MM continued too... to be complete. I also suspect about the reason they made MM 1.0 VIP only. Maybe they try to test the market and see how it goes? Maybe MM 2.0 will be for the whole public? Just guess...

I will regret not buying this set but I also think it would have made me want to collect the actual modulars. I am too damn cheap to pay for the retired sets. Hell I still can't bring myself to buy the Monster Fighter polybags and the zombies set so I can complete my collection.

I will regret not buying this set but I also think it would have made me want to collect the actual modulars. I am too damn cheap to pay for the retired sets. Hell I still can't bring myself to buy the Monster Fighter polybags and the zombies set so I can complete my collection.

If you want a modular to sell (or keep) in the future, now is the time to grab one off BL or eBay.  I see one on BL at MSRP of $80.

Interesting. It`s a very different niche that the set appeals to though. No minifigs, no playability, small pieces. Obviously means that the intended market is older teens and AFOLs. Can anyone see a 10 year old with this? Unlikely. I don`t know, it`s a nice set for sure but being an AFOL myself only reinforces that point. In response to why it took so long reach this point and has been on sale for so long now, look at everything else available for the same price. It just doesn`t compare to that you can get for $60 US or $80 (on sale) for the average buyer. Too much competition. Think that is part of the reason why some members believe the set to be a sleeper. It has sort of slipped between the cracks ATM, which could, and likely will, lead to more money down the line. That`s also why I believe it to still be sitting there 2 weeks after going on sale. 

People were paying near retail for used versions. Owning the sealed version is a no brainer.

I agree with that. It is a good set to own, but the people who were paying those prices are ones who more than likely deliberately sought it out. Mini Modulars will do well down the road, I have no doubt of that, but for the average Christmas buyer this year, there is a lot of "better" options available for the price. 

Interesting. It`s a very different niche that the set appeals to though. No minifigs, no playability, small pieces. Obviously means that the intended market is older teens and AFOLs. Can anyone see a 10 year old with this? Unlikely. I don`t know, it`s a nice set for sure but being an AFOL myself only reinforces that point. In response to why it took so long reach this point and has been on sale for so long now, look at everything else available for the same price. It just doesn`t compare to that you can get for $60 US or $80 (on sale) for the average buyer. Too much competition. Think that is part of the reason why some members believe the set to be a sleeper. It has sort of slipped between the cracks ATM, which could, and likely will, lead to more money down the line. That`s also why I believe it to still be sitting there 2 weeks after going on sale. 

to be fair, it hasn't been on sale for 'long'... maybe 2 weeks? :P

The fact it doesn't attract kids but AFOL is probably good IMO, coz... these are the ones who has deeper pockets!

I agree with that. It is a good set to own, but the people who were paying those prices are ones who more than likely deliberately sought it out. Mini Modulars will do well down the road, I have no doubt of that, but for the average Christmas buyer this year, there is a lot of "better" options available for the price. 

Yeah, I definitely don't see any good reason shorting it out at this Christmas season. No need. lol

People were paying near retail for used versions. Owning the sealed version is a no brainer.

well, before I got mine from LEGO Shop at Home, I have followed quite a bit on eBay. I wouldn't pull the trigger if it's below $60 (well, I factored in the bonus set back in those months) so I haven't got any from eBay. But I did see 2 or 3 new sets sold at around $65 shipping included. It is a sleeper, I believe. =)