Mini Modulars seems to be...

to be fair, it hasn't been on sale for 'long'... maybe 2 weeks? :P

The fact it doesn't attract kids but AFOL is probably good IMO, coz... these are the ones who has deeper pockets!

That is true. I guess my point was, if you look at some of the other items discounts for Black Friday, this is the biggest one, and it is till left over. And yes, AFOL`s certainly do have more dough to invest/spend/collect. I`d hope that to always be the case  :laugh:

They just need 1 more modular next year to have a 2nd set. Then watch out.

I don't think we'll see this set take off until round two is released. I think this set has unlimited long term growth potential. As long as they keep making full size modulars and they continue to make these minis. I personally just finally picked one up. I don't usually do much long term investing and my wife likes to know how fast I can make back the money so I can't be sitting on a pile of these but I think it's a winner if it's retired now OR later. It's just a cool set, challenging build, and it's going to feed off the popularity of the full sized modulars.

This set was really released Jan 2012. So we are pretty much at the 2 year mark. I snagged 12 of these up when they had the free $10 giftcard and the 2nd Christmas set, and they were priced at $63.98. So I believe I got 4 $10 giftcards and 4 Christmas Sets. The best part is that these are 1) Lego exclusive, 2) never have been on sale except for the 10% off Lego coupon, which Lego disallowed on exclusive sets a little while ago, 3) have the older modules that some people could never afford but are highly sought after, 4) if a 2nd set comes out, this will be gold as everyone will want the 1st half of the little town to add to their set to make it bigger. JMO

It's been on sale for awhile. I am surprised it took this long to get close to selling out.

Same. I actually expected it to go back to full price. At $63.xx, it was a very good buy, if you factor in VIP points, the holiday set, PAB box, etc.

I'm with you. I picked up some before it's on sale and picked up more when it's on sale. It surprised me too that it didn't go oos a week or tow sooner. I guess fans' wallets were running low with all the deals going on the past few weeks.

Definitely. Black Friday basically exhausted everyone.

They just need 1 more modular next year to have a 2nd set. Then watch out.

Let's see... Pet Shop, Town Hall, Palace Cinema, and now the Parisian Restaurant. I guess the next one will have to be a "corner" one then. We have the PC that would take up one end. Anyone have ideas for the other corner? Personally, I think a high end hotel would look great with the Restaurant.

Same. I actually expected it to go back to full price. At $63.xx, it was a very good buy, if you factor in VIP points, the holiday set, PAB box, etc.

Definitely. Black Friday basically exhausted everyone.

Let's see... Pet Shop, Town Hall, Palace Cinema, and now the Parisian Restaurant. I guess the next one will have to be a "corner" one then. We have the PC that would take up one end. Anyone have ideas for the other corner? Personally, I think a high end hotel would look great with the Restaurant.

I like the high end hotel idea.

The next mini modular may not have five buildings, but less. Perhaps a single mini modular building can sell at $30 and people would still buy it. That's almost double the price per building for MM1.

given that cafe corner is a corner, there is some logic to only having 4 buildings to the next set. To make a perfect V

Guest TabbyBoy

The next mini modular may not have five buildings, but less. Perhaps a single mini modular building can sell at $30 and people would still buy it. That's almost double the price per building for MM1.

1 of my 5 boxes is dented and I'm thinking of parting it out to do just that.  I reckon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Well, it's officially sold out now (was 55 and 70 in the US and Canada respectively for a bit). I have a beaten up one that I was actually planning on returning, but I guess that is out of the question now. Congrats to all who picked one up (unless of course, Lego is playing mind games as usual).

Well, it's officially sold out now (was 55 and 70 in the US and Canada respectively for a bit). I have a beaten up one that I was actually planning on returning, but I guess that is out of the question now. Congrats to all who picked one up (unless of course, Lego is playing mind games as usual).

given the speed it went through discount to oos, i don't think LEGO would consider having it reproduce again. They can always have some sets that can sell faster and $$$. It showed $56 (30% off) on LEGO Shop at Home, not sure since when, at least when I checked it today. Funny thing as people said, LEGO always have something oos on big sale. lol

Guest eightbrick

given the speed it went through discount to oos, i don't think LEGO would consider having it reproduce again. They can always have some sets that can sell faster and $$$. It showed $56 (30% off) on LEGO Shop at Home, not sure since when, at least when I checked it today. Funny thing as people said, LEGO always have something oos on big sale. lol

Yeah the only reason I can imagine them keeping them for another year would be so there is no lack of mini mods between now and next year, when they will have another five they can "mini-modularize".

I have been watching this for a bit on shop@home and it was OOS at $65 and then for a day it went back to orig price $75ish still OOS and just dropped to its current price 1-2days ago $55 also OOS. So unless they got like 1 instock that I didnt see at $55 they discounted a set that was already OOS.  Yay LEGO