Mini Modulars seems to be...

Looks like these are gone everywhere. Worthwhile to grab any at a decent price. Def on the rise.

Yup - not even three weeks removed from it's discounted price on S@H, and eBay listings are for around $100.  There's also only 40 listings, so prices should continue to increase relatively fast.

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

There were still a couple left at my store say, four days agoish (@rtisan, thirsty - have at 'em :lol: ). Hahaha, I sort of feel obligated to pick one up for investing after predicting huge gains in that article I wrote. It has a lot going for it.

You can tell a lot of people bought them after christmas to flip them. The amazon price is only $99.99 which leaves $80ish after fees and fulfillment costs. Once all the short term flippers sell out I think the price will jump. 

I think most bought this set when it was first dropped to $65 during the BF sales.  Three weeks ago (12/12 I believe), the price was hovering at retail on eBay ($80 w/ shipping) when it went "sold out" on S@H the first time.  I don't think too many have their cost basis at $56 (but kudos to those that do!).

Today, eBay pricing is $95-100 - a bump of $15-20.  This set is already proving to be a mover, and I agree that prices will continue to rise as flippers continue to sell their inventory.

I think most bought this set when it was first dropped to $65 during the BF sales.  Three weeks ago (12/12 I believe), the price was hovering at retail on eBay ($80 w/ shipping) when it went "sold out" on LEGO Shop at Home the first time.  I don't think too many have their cost basis at $56 (but kudos to those that do!).

Today, eBay pricing is $95-100 - a bump of $15-20.  This set is already proving to be a mover, and I agree that prices will continue to rise as flippers continue to sell their inventory.

Your probably right, its just a tight flip to pay 65+ tax (in most places) $70ish total, to flip for $80 after fees. Especially when you would have had to buy it from the lego store so buying in bulk would likely be more difficult. 

• Like 1

I got one set at $56 on boxing day, but NY tax is brutal. It ended up pretty close to paying $65 with VA tax. There were a few left in the store on that day, I think I mentioned it either in Daily Deal thread or here back then, but all gone the next day. I picked up more chess set than this one. Of course, both sets were gone from the store I went 2 days after Christmas.

Guest eightbrick

I wish I had got some more, but I expected a 2 year run. I wonder if slow sales killed it. There were never many on eBay UK.

Haha, yeah it might be like another Market Street thing where when it comes out people aren't even willing to pay MSRP but once its gone... poof, 200 dollar set. It seemed to be relatively under the radar until recent months.

Guest TabbyBoy

I have 5 of these but, won't be listing them until well past EOL.  Rumour states that a new MM is coming out perhaps next month?  If so, 10230 may skyrocket.

Which is weird to me I expected this to be a dud.... I mean why would anyone want a smaller modulars if you can get amazing modulars.... Quality over quantity for me :D

space? easy to display? shelf space easily runs out if you have several modular buildings built...

I have 5 of these but, won't be listing them until well past EOL.  Rumour states that a new MM is coming out perhaps next month?  If so, 10230 may skyrocket.

Wow, if that's true, I'd definitely happy to buy one of the new set to go with the one I have. But I guess they will need to include HH if they want to make another 5?

• Like 1

space? easy to display? shelf space easily runs out if you have several modular buildings built...

Definitely, space and easy to display. I only have one actual modular right now and it is taking up a lot of space. The big modulars have a lot of detail, but they take up so much room on a shelf etc.

Tabby hits the big point for me. If they come out with a new MM including the next 5 mods, this first one is going to go up quite a bit. Wish I had more, but happy with the three I got on sale this Nov/Dec.

I was thinking that they do not have enough Modulars to do another 5 but 

MM1 included 10182 10185 10190 10197 10211

MM2 should have 10218 10224 10232 10243 & ????

Have I missed one? There "is" only four out at the moment?  Pet Shop, Town Hall Palace Cinema & Parisan Restuarant.