Not too late to invest in 21004 21007...if you missed 21050

brickolodon

I have sold 8 White Houses on eBay in the last 10 days.  First 3 at $70 and next 5 at $80 with free shipping.  Got them all for under $35 during the Target/Amazon cyber weekend craziness.  I would buy all of the Architecture that is out of stock at Lego.  Mainly it is at Barnes and Noble now.  This series is going to be amazing once they start EOLing.  I just hope Lego makes a few more next year so I can stock up again.  Looking back at the White House trajectory, I thinking it will hit $150 without too much trouble within 2 years after EOL.  Pretty good for a set that had a significant discount.

I admit, I feel very uncomfortable when dealing with the lines like Architecture, technic, etc. Is the strategy/margins the same? Or getting Arch sets for 25%/35% off a bigger deal beause they are harder to find at the big retailers?

A bit of both. Technic is readily available here but I have no issues when selling the sets. A fair chunk of the Technic Power Functions sets do extremely well when discontinued especially the large sets like the Motorized Excavator, Tow Truck and Bulldozer amongst others.