New sets with "Retiring Soon" tag on LEGO Shop at Home

Great list of sets added with the retiring soon tag. 75014 (Hoth) is a surprise as it only had a 1 yr run so far. The Lone Ranger train should do fine. 10229 (Winter village) will be a winner...just wish we can get these discounted. The Hobbit sets will do fine especially the cheaper Riddles for the Ring,

LOL

Great list of sets added with the retiring soon tag. 75014 (Hoth) is a surprise as it only had a 1 yr run so far. The Lone Ranger train should do fine. 10229 (Winter village) will be a winner...just wish we can get these discounted. The Hobbit sets will do fine especially the cheaper Riddles for the Ring,

LOL

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/1285-lotrhobbit-sets/?p=69025

Your optimism has me intrigued now. Only have a couple for my collection. Just don`t see  :money:

From where?

Yeah TRU still has them "50%" off in my area but thats using TRUs fuzzy math. It's more like 35% off MSRP which is still good enough for me given that this is gonna retire. Hopefully I can catch a few on a true 50% off after the holidays then I'll just take these back, but in case I dont I wanted to have some.

I dislike Palpatine's arrest with the exception of the minifigs. Many have said the set could be the next Home One and it wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being true. It was a crappy, overpriced, exclusive set that languished on shelves for months, even when TRU put them at 30% off they didn't move, at least not in my area.

My concern is that the new Jedi Interceptor is too similar :(

They really are far as the build goes. Only difference is the color and lack of a few minifigures.

02.jpeg

ef3877.jpg

I dislike this set.  Maybe it will be a surprise 10 years down the road :)

Haha, yeah. It'll probably be a cold day in hades before rising in....anything. Then again, maybe in some far off distance it will be worth its own retail.

They really are far as the build goes. Only difference is the color and lack of a few minifigures.

02.jpeg

ef3877.jpg

Haha, yeah. It'll probably be a cold day in hades before rising in....anything. Then again, maybe in some far off distance it will be worth its own retail.

Lego really needs to step it up in this one particular area: Too many remakes!! It`s not that either set is bad, it`s just the same.....

Lego really needs to step it up in this one particular area: Too many remakes!! It`s not that either set is bad, it`s just the same.....

That is the worst part with a handful of these remakes; the way these are is more like a re-release than an actual redesign. I can only spot a few miniscule changes between those two Jedi Interceptors. At least both are very different from the original though but still.

7256_brickset.jpg

I think Winter Village Cottage is one of the best investments on the list.  Wish I would've gotten more, but they disappeared fast from the major retailers after lego sold out of them.  I see these being $200-250 by next Christmas, if lego, or any other major retailers don't get a restock on this set. I think its the best one in the series.

I have a lot of sets on the list, so I'm really happy about that.  I will have plenty of inventory to sell next Christmas!

I honestly don't see the point in trying to invest in most star wars sets. Sure if you get them at a good enough price they are worth it, but there are just too many.

Who, in several years, is going to be looking for Palpatines arrest or Hoth Echo Base? I don't think a lot of people. Why? There will be more new current star wars sets out. Honestly, the SW Frigate is an awesome set. Why isn't it getting love? Right now you can get some awesome similar type ships for way cheaper.

Some will definitely grow and be winners, but I just think there are other things you can bite on that aren't guesses at all.

This thought excludes UCS sets BTW. Those are still good.

This is sort of related, I was in Target tonight and I saw a FRESH stocking (tags and all) of both Catwoman AND Two-Face Chase. They had like 15 of the Two-Face Chase which I found a bit shocking. I doubt they just pulled them out of the back. Wonder if this is a set that will hang around a bit longer.

This is sort of related, I was in Target tonight and I saw a FRESH stocking (tags and all) of both Catwoman AND Two-Face Chase. They had like 15 of the Two-Face Chase which I found a bit shocking. I doubt they just pulled them out of the back. Wonder if this is a set that will hang around a bit longer.

What was the price on the two face chase?

I was looking for a batcave at a Target and they had five in the back but none on the shelves.