9472 - Attack on Weathertop

I just bought 4 off Bricklink for $50 each last week. I would load up now while you can. I really like this set for the inclusion of 2x Nazgul and 2x black horses. Even though the build is criticized the lack of any future set with Nazgul will drive the value up. I am regretting not buying more when Walmart had online for sale.

Now is the time to buy if you want them, fast running out of most stores. I've said it before, but the future value really hinges on the Nazgul & Merry minifigs and the black horses. if they remain exclusive to this set then it should to average to well, if not then I'd see pretty modest returns.

My walmart has it on clearance!!!! It was $75, now only $70!!! What incredible savings!!!! Also Gandalf Arrives was $15.85, now $15!!! Wow! 85 cents!!! I have concluded that lego investing is just not possible for Canadians like me who can never find deals :(

For canadians check out amazon uk sometimes you can get good discounts there ... I picked up a helms deep for $110 canadian thats with shipping and duty charges so deals are out there im in the same boat, being a canadian lego investor is hard work so we have to make really good decisions on what sets to buy considering canada gets 30% mark up for retail sets right off the get go. Brickpicker is esential for our success in canada.

My walmart has it on clearance!!!! It was $75, now only $70!!! What incredible savings!!!! Also Gandalf Arrives was $15.85, now $15!!! Wow! 85 cents!!!

I have concluded that lego investing is just not possible for Canadians like me who can never find deals :(

You can still make a profit buying at full RRP. Just pick your sets carefully.

It's still available in the UK.

I was just looking at Weathertops on eBay, and I saw someone already had it listed as EOL. That's jumping the gun because it isn't official, but at the same time I see the prices already going up because it's out of stock in a lot of places. There were some at TRU the last time I was there, but with their markup it probably isn't worth it even with the 20% off coupon. I wish I had more of this one. I only have the one, which I already built. I would love to have more ring wraiths!

Is the limit on this set usually "1"?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Battle-of-Helm-s-Deep-9474

Lego is really starting to limit the sales on these big sets because of resellers and investors. They even started cancelling people's orders if they saw orders that had multiples of these sets. They are definitely trying to curb what many of us are trying to do, though I don't buy from them much anymore anyway since Amazon can blow away their prices. The only sets I'll buy from Lego now are Exclusives.