North Carolina/South Carolina-Charlotte Area

yodadoc1234

Someone on the Raleigh Craigslist has a Super Star Destroyer NISB for 550 right now. I wish I could afford it.

The one on Raleigh CL is mine. I sold the SSD but left the ad up for the minifigure case. 

I have a pair of ssd coming from wm next week I am going to flip. I put them on ebay for 650 and CL for 550. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just thought I'd wake up this dead thread... So I went to the new store at South Park mall a couple days ago.  I commented about their inventory in the "heard it from an employee" thread... anyway... I made one mistake: they DO have the Technic Mercedes AROC in stock there. I went there again today and saw them.  One other interesting inventory note I made today: I think they have no Ultra Agents on the shelf. I didn't see them anywhere. (the store was super crowded today... I could have missed them... but I was looking and didn't see them).

I bought a couple JW RE's there the other day. Today they have none - though they do have the rest of the line... for now.  The 'grand opening' is berserkers today... super crowded... a note on the "give aways".  You need your postcard invitation to get the "collectible" Ninjago Lloyd brick (a duplo block). The general promo today is a green Ninjago tee shirt with $30 purchase.  The mini-modular Lego Store is for Saturday 8/22 promo with $100 purchase.

• Like 1

I will be there before they open so in "theory", i should be within the first 300 but i just have this knack for getting screwed out of promo deals.  Its almost like a superpower i was cursed with, the ability to never get advertised promos or get cashier to use coupon or discount.  Some get superspeed or flight, or x-ray vision and i just get denied.

oh... one more "spoiler" <please have your kids leave the room> ... when your kid participates in "helping" the master builder build the giant statue of Lloyd, what he gets is a pile of green bricks - good sized ones; actually 40 or so - and instructions on how to make a large green "brick" out of them (yes... a 'box' about the size of a regular home construction brick), you child then takes it up to the master builder (if the master builder isn't out getting a cinnabon) and gets his picture taken with the green brick, which presumably will be used to build Lloyd.  We arrived 30 minutes after the event started, and heard that the master builder "is finished taking pictures for the day... so just put your bricks up on the table here... and have a great day." Bummer.  On top of all that, I'm pretty sure they are collecting these built bricks, disassembling them, and recycling them back to the construction tables.  Our supply bins were full of half-constructed / half broken down bricks.  There were hundreds of kids there cranking out dozens of bricks per minute.  I suspect that if they kept them all (over a three-day event like this) the statue of Lloyd would be ten stories high.

A word of caution for anyone planning on going to the grand opening... people will be there 1.5 to 2 hours early. People will break up their purchases into multiple $100 increments to get > 1 store set. The employees are new and will more than likely allow it.

No, I only got one store set at my grand opening despite purchasing 3x the $ needed. I didn't want to cheat out the other 500 people in line behind me.

• Like 1

Got here at 930 and out the door with a temple of airjitzu and retail store by 1040.  Super cool to get retail store and attend a grand opening.  Got a pic with son in store so  in 6 years when he is forced,  i mean wants to apply to work there, maybe the pic will help grease the wheels to my personal goldmine....i mean a great part time job for him:)

• Like 2

It was good times.  Even waiting in line, chummed it up with a guy from brickset forums and talked jurassic world and millenium falcon.  Was also worth watching 2 adult couples maneuvering thru store in the most obvious way, along with tons of looks, nods, and whispering while trying to get more of the lego store openings than allowed.  All that was missing to make it any more obvious would have been some camo face paint, walkie talkies and a t shirt with reseller printed on it.  If they are reading this, next time remember to calm down and smile and act like you are in a toy store.  Its supposed to be fun isnt it:)

• Like 3

It was good times.  Even waiting in line, chummed it up with a guy from brickset forums and talked jurassic world and millenium falcon.  Was also worth watching 2 adult couples maneuvering thru store in the most obvious way, along with tons of looks, nods, and whispering while trying to get more of the lego store openings than allowed.  All that was missing to make it any more obvious would have been some camo face paint, walkie talkies and a t shirt with reseller printed on it.  If they are reading this, next time remember to calm down and smile and act like you are in a toy store.  Its supposed to be fun isnt it:)

It was so much fun, I'm going back tomorrow with the wife and niece for some minifigs. And you really should map out a game plan beforehand like we did...amateurs. :victory:

• Like 1