What "retiring soon" lego set are you focusing on?

Troll...

Dude, the Palace is all over the place. It's Xmas time so that's why it's sold out in Walmart. More like 50% of the lego sets listed on Walmart is sold out, does that mean 50% of the Lego sets will be retired. People here are spreading this sort of news, or are probably paid by lego just to fool others into buying sets. It does not even say "Retiring Soon".

From that "less talked about" list I'm focusing on getting a few of the Technic sets, LR trains, and might have to get a few Train Stations as well.

Winter Village stuff doesn't sell too well in the Southern Hemisphere - we have sunny summer Xmas's :D

Monster Fighters has also been a bit of a bust locally here with most sets sitting on the shelves for ages (Halloween isn't that big here either).

• Like 1

went to scope out my local LEGO store and they have a pile of the WVC and WVMP so i wont worry just yet ... they have them on markup of course at $110. saw some MF vampyre hearse for $26.50 clearance and minifigure beach accessory pack for $8.50 ...

Not in my area. NJ, PA, and DE stores are all out of 10229s now. Consider yourself lucky.

Dude, the Palace is all over the place. It's Xmas time so that's why it's sold out in Walmart. More like 50% of the lego sets listed on Walmart is sold out, does that mean 50% of the Lego sets will be retired. People here are spreading this sort of news, or are probably paid by lego just to fool others into buying sets. It does not even say "Retiring Soon".

Dude, you really don't know what you're talking about.  There is every indication that JP is done.  First, it's sold out at LEGO Shop at Home.  Second, it was heavily clearanced over the past month.  Third, this is its second holiday season and most SW sets don't last past the second holiday season.  Fourth, it is a white box, four digit SW set and those are all on their way out.  Fifth, TLG basically said that it would be retired around now back in the spring when that controversy arose.  So, while it may lack a "Retiring Soon" label on LEGO Shop at Home, every other indicator I can think of indicates that it's done, but if you don't think that it is, you should absolutely wait to stock up on them until sometime next year.

• Like 1

Not in my area. NJ, PA, and DE stores are all out of 10229s now. Consider yourself lucky.

There were at least 6 more 10229s left on the table of the lego store yesterday. I swooped in and snatched 3 more. Seeing that it's going for about $145USD a pop plus shipping on ebay, I can't go wrong buying at full retail and VIP points included.

There were at least 6 more 10229s left on the table of the lego store yesterday. I swooped in and snatched 3 more. Seeing that it's going for about $145USD a pop plus shipping on ebay, I can't go wrong buying at full retail and VIP points included.

Are there any Lego sets you don't flip?

I am focusing on the LR sets, especially the train.

I think these will do very well once they are gone for good.  I grab a few of the LR Train sets. Also, since we are talking  about Trains -  Train Station 7937 is going to be retired soon. Grab a few of these sets as well. 

I think it will look great having the LR Train pass thru the City Train Station. Countryside enters the City-side.

Are there any Lego sets you don't flip?

Galaxy squad and architecture, aside from the studio. :)

Best flips in the open market by far is the Chi Temple. Bought 10 at $79.99, flipped all in 2 days for $120 each. In Canada, the temple costs 149 plus taxes which may end up being $170 depending on province. Desperate mommies trying to get the goodies for their boys this time of the year.

Cragger command ship is another great flip.

AT-TE is also another favorite flip. Retails In canada for $120, cost on cyber Monday Amazon was $48.99. Loaded up 20, all sold for $90 each.

:)

Galaxy squad and architecture, aside from the studio. :)

Best flips in the open market by far is the Chi Temple. Bought 10 at $79.99, flipped all in 2 days for $120 each. In Canada, the temple costs 149 plus taxes which may end up being $170 depending on province. Desperate mommies trying to get the goodies for their boys this time of the year.

Cragger command ship is another great flip.

AT-TE is also another favorite flip. Retails In canada for $120, cost on cyber Monday Amazon was $48.99. Loaded up 20, all sold for $90 each.

:)

I don't know where you are flipping these sets.. I can't even flip one set. lol

EDIT: Wait! AT-TE $48.99? Amazon.COM, right? If I recall.. I think I try to order it, but it won't shipped to Canada. 

I don't know where you are flipping these sets.. I can't even flip one set. lol

EDIT: Wait! AT-TE $48.99? Amazon.COM, right? If I recall.. I think I try to order it, but it won't shipped to Canada. 

Are you kidding me? You can't even flip one Chi Temple? Hand it over to me at 79.99 like Cyber monday, I'll show you how it's done. I'm out of inventory now.

Yes, Amazon.COM. You saw the 48.99 deal eh? :) I had it shipped to the PO Box at the border. Picked it up and drove right back and I was ready to rock.

I saw the Chi Temple dropped to 74.99 and I was pissed because I bought 10 at 79.99.......oh well.

I work in an office of over 1200 employees. I just post up ads in each corner of the building and in the cafeteria.

• Like 1

Not in the ghost train club. I am hoping I can score the train somewhere on clearance. If not, I have some VIP points to spend at the Lego store.

I have 17 sets plus a loose one my son plays with. In case they don't go on clearance, let me know if you need a couple new ones in a trade. I do think these will have nice returns in the long-run.

I like the city garage, winter cottage and chess. Added to all 3 stockpiles today, and will be adding more cottages and chess tomorrow at the lego store. I am done with garages. Bought 15 of them. Incredible price at tru. Can't believe it didn't sell out. They go for over 100 on ebay already..some 130. I am thinking 150 when retired next Christmas. I'll be ready.

Getting good at tru order entry on phone. Started at 5 mins, then 4, now 3. Can't break into the 2s yet. Spent another 1200 at tru today.

post-14194-0-74971800-1387413247_thumb.j