What "retiring soon" lego set are you focusing on?

Is it possible that the Unexpected Gathering is retiring as well? Seems like target, amazon, and walmart are sold out. Still available on S/H but currently not in stock.

It would surprise me as this set seems to sell well while the other Hobbit sets have been hot and cold. Additionally, lego has a specific ship date for the next batch (Dec 31).

Are you kidding me? You can't even flip one Chi Temple? Hand it over to me at 79.99 like Cyber monday, I'll show you how it's done. I'm out of inventory now.

Yes, Amazon.COM. You saw the 48.99 deal eh? :) I had it shipped to the PO Box at the border. Picked it up and drove right back and I was ready to rock.

I saw the Chi Temple dropped to 74.99 and I was pissed because I bought 10 at 79.99.......oh well.

I work in an office of over 1200 employees. I just post up ads in each corner of the building and in the cafeteria.

A cafeteria in your office? You are so lucky.most offices dont have cafeterias.

And 1200 employeese?. That must be some big office you work at.

No wonder you are able to flipso many. Maybe someone here is also from your office.

There are also Wolverine sets showing up at the Lego store just like the Catwoman set this week for 20 bones.  Grab those while it's still around.  I don't see anyone mentioning the Funhouse.  Those could be gone for good soon.  It might be a while till you see another new set with minifigures of that caliber for 40 in a while.

A cafeteria in your office? You are so lucky.most offices dont have cafeterias.

And 1200 employeese?. That must be some big office you work at.

No wonder you are able to flipso many. Maybe someone here is also from your office.

:) There are a lot of mommies and daddies at my office. Once guy bought all the modulars from me. The Creator Family House 3-1 is the best selling amongst mommies. I've been buying off random people here and there from the US, ebay, Amazon, walmart, TRU, you name it. When there's a deal to be made, I make it.

:) There are a lot of mommies and daddies at my office. Once guy bought all the modulars from me. The Creator Family House 3-1 is the best selling amongst mommies. I've been buying off random people here and there from the US, ebay, Amazon, walmart, TRU, you name it. When there's a deal to be made, I make it.

you can open your own store.

That just reminds me of Razar from Chima minus the looting.

• Like 1

the quantity you guys talked about here is way~~~~ beyond my league. lol

compared to you guys... my collection doesn't feel like 'investment' at all!

I got 2 WVC for myself but may end up sell 1 if price really sweet, 2 CTC, 3 MF trains, 3 MF castles, 5 MF Mummy...

I also got Mines of Moria... but oh well, how come TRU still have them!!! Dahh~~~

Oh, and a lot more, like Goblin King, Olivia's House and some LR sets, more like some here and there... didn't get my hands on Technic yet...

I got 2 WVC for myself but may end up sell 1 if price really sweet, 2 CTC, 3 MF trains, 3 MF castles, 5 MF Mummy...

I also got Mines of Moria... but oh well, how come TRU still have them!!! Dahh~~~

Oh, and a lot more, like Goblin King, Olivia's House and some LR sets, more like some here and there... didn't get my hands on Technic yet...

Dont worry... Alot of us has ''small'' portfolios....

Mine is always below 1000$ line.... Allthought I do not include about 1500$ worth of my own collection (even if mint) in that :P

went to scope out my local LEGO store and they have a pile of the WVC and WVMP so i wont worry just yet ... they have them on markup of course at $110. saw some MF vampyre hearse for $26.50 clearance and minifigure beach accessory pack for $8.50 ...

LEGO store can indeed markup the price? That's very interesting...

While I agree there's no guarantee, how is this speculation?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/01/did-lego-really-cave-to-muslim-demands-amid-anti-islamic-toy-controversy-the-company-responds/

Here's an excerpt from the article (italics by me):

For me the financial capital isnt the issues, its storage space but even more so the time, i work a lot at my day job and when i come home the last thing i want to do is fill ebay orders all night.

For me the financial capital isnt the issues, its storage space but even more so the time, i work a lot at my day job and when i come home the last thing i want to do is fill ebay orders all night.

Ship them over to me at 10% markup, I'll be glad to take them and unload it all north of the border. Beats selling to different individuals and risk having a bad feedback.

Nothing wrong with being a casual investor. Even big fish started out as small fry. For myself, I buy one of anything with the exception of battlepack/parts type sets and ones on heavy discount. It's all a matter of knowing yourself and working with what you have.
  • Like 1

Just got back from 5 hours worth of driving!!! Well worth the trip though because both Lego stores in Phoenix had tons of WV in stock and neither could care less how many I bought. I picked up 5 at one store and 5 at another. I might've been able to get all of them at one but didnt wanna press my luck. Even with what I took away there was still plenty left at both stores...