3184 - Adventure Camper

derickb81

EDIT:

What---do they read this forum?

My order that said now shipping yesterday and today--was just cancelled as well.  All 5 of my orders are cancelled.  Did anybody get fulfilled?  Wondering if they even had any now.  AND---my credit card is still showing no refunds for the 200 bucks.

Guest eightbrick

EDIT:

What---do they read this forum?

My order that said now shipping yesterday and today--was just cancelled as well.  All 5 of my orders are cancelled.  Did anybody get fulfilled?  Wondering if they even had any now.  AND---my credit card is still showing no refunds for the 200 bucks.

Wow. That is really disappointing. Well, they are going to get a heck lot off bad publicity from this. I don't imagine any Brickpickers buying from them again. I wonder if anyone's order went through.

I placed two orders.....first order was for two Campers, and the second order was for two more. My second order was cancelled in the same B.S. way that everyone else's was. My first order was marked as shipped just a couple of hours ago. I'll let you know if it shows up. Fishy, huh!?

This could be one of those things where they hold money in a high interest savings account, make a quick few hundred or thousand, and then return the initial amount for a small profit. I don't mean to sound paranoid or like a stickler or conspiracy theorist, but I don't find this behavior excusable, at least not in the manner they chose to handle it.  

I have doubts that this is why they do theses things. Even if they made a quick $20k off of it and somehow were able to get 1% interest on it in a short timeframe, you're only looking at $200.

If that were a "thing" with Amazon sellers I think we'd see it happening much more often, and you'd see guides on the Internet explaining how to do it, etc..

I agree though that the behavior is inexcusable, whatever the reason for doing it. As is Amazon is making me whole so hopefully everyone who didn't get their order fulfilled complains to Amazon and it has a financial effect on them, which hopefully drives them to take a deeper look at Kaplan Toys.

I'm still going to open the BBB complaint if anyone wants to bandwagon on that as well. A low rating there might someday cause a vendor to chose to not do business with them. They're not some guy in his spare room...they're an actual brick and mortar company that's been around for at least 50 years.

Got a 2nd email from Kaplan after my first complaint, the first email was the same automated response emes got, but I now have a 2nd email from "Rebecca" explaining that they had to cancel the order because Amazon will not allow them to hold an order open for longer than two days. Interesting point I guess, but it doesn't answer or address any of the concerns I expressed in my emails to them, like asking for an explanation as to why they stated that the customer cancelled the order, and why they allowed for far more orders to be processed than what they had in stock. She closed the email by offering to sell the campers to me at 19.00 when they came back in stock, stating she would "contact" me.

Any guess as to whether they'll ever get more in stock? :getlost:

Got a 2nd email from Kaplan after my first complaint, the first email was the same automated response emes got, but I now have a 2nd email from "Rebecca" explaining that they had to cancel the order because Amazon will not allow them to hold an order open for longer than two days. Interesting point I guess, but it doesn't answer or address any of the concerns I expressed in my emails to them, like asking for an explanation as to why they stated that the customer cancelled the order, and why they allowed for far more orders to be processed than what they had in stock. She closed the email by offering to sell the campers to me at 19.00 when they came back in stock, stating she would "contact" me.

Any guess as to whether they'll ever get more in stock? :getlost:

What does "hold an order open for longer than two days" mean?

I think what she's trying to say is that they can't hold an order as pending waiting for another shipment from their supplier for more than 2 days. I pasted her email below. Not really sure why she says 19.95 as opposed to 19.00, but whatever. I doubt I'll be getting these from them anyway.  

Dear Josh,
I sincerly apologize that this order was canceled. Amazon will not allow us to hold orders open pass two days, therefore we had no resolution but to cancel the order from Amazon. Once there is stock at Kaplan I can contact you and we will honor the purchase price of $19.95.

Thank you,
Rebecca
customer service

Got 2, 8 cancelled.  By me, I guess.

Mine were cancelled, by "me" as well, and after complaining I was promised to be notified and sold the sets at that price again when they come back in stock. Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

Mine were cancelled, by "me" as well, and after complaining I was promised to be notified and sold the sets at that price again when they come back in stock. Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

So you've stopped holding your breath?

Don't you hate it when you cancel your own orders!? BS

• 3 weeks later...

Before they imposed purchase limits on most/all lego..you could add 999 to cart and get a message back saying they didn't have that many...but did have xxx or xx or x. Wonderful way to check inventory levels on what we assume is one of legos largest retailers.

What is the 999 trick?

Put "999" in the quantity box on the order page and the site will automatically change it to the "maximum number available" which will show how many the seller has in stock.  willy put in"999" and he could only put 65 in his cart--that's how many were left.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few back and forth emails with Kaplan, I finally filed a complaint against them through the better business bureau today. I don't expect to get the campers for 19.00 each like I was supposed to at this point, but maybe this complaint will ruffle some feathers and either get them to explain what they did to my order, or get me in touch with someone higher than customer service.