9509 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2012

Ronnie490

Unless you really want that Darth Maul dressed as Santa minifigure, I don't think so. The other odd figures in there are ones we've already got before and there aren't that many parts included. At normal price, its about 22 cents per piece.

Investment wise, barely maybe. It is seasonal AND Star Wars, so....maybe. But I doubt it.

(Who'd buy this on the secondary market anyway? Again, only for the Santa Maul I would guess.)

just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on this one

Not at retail - but if you can get an after Christmas deal, it would be worth it (if just for the minifigs).

This is a tricky set to re-sell as a complete set - many people will see the year on the set & believe that it can't be used for any other year. But it is a perennial calendar, so it can.

Agreed, if this can be gotten on after Christmas clearance, then maybe. But even a lot of the employees at the LEGO store that I have talked to have kind of deemed this one a pointless waste of money. The Santa Maul would be cool to have for sure, but I bet you could buy it cheaply enough by itself on eBay or wherever.