6868 - Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

TheDarkness

I've been mulling over this for a little while but could this set be a breakout from the Avengers line? It does have to overcome the playset factor and mentality, which we know effects sets such as Palpatine's Arrest and Home One. However it does have one giant green reason which may boost it above mediocrity. The Quinjet does look cooler (even though the 6868 set does have a smaller jet) Lineups are as follows 6868 - 389 pieces Hulk Thor Loki Hawkeye 6869 - 735 pieces Thor Loki Iron Man Black Widow Chitauri Foot solider Despite the different variations with the latest sets there will be an abundance of Iron Man minifigs, between the Avengers sets and the Iron Man 3. Loki is everywhere and Thor is only available in this and the Quinjet, however that could change if we see Thor 2 Lego sets created. Hawkeye is also available in the Cosmic Cube Escape set. At this stage, however, there is no scheduled Hulk movie. I am not sure when Lego's license with Marvel ends, however with the next Avengers not out until 2015 this could be the only set that ends up with Hulk in it. If we do get an oversaturation of Iron Man and Thor minifigs from the next movies, can the Hulk fig carry this? Does the playset lose out to a Quinjet or can Hulk carry it to future higher prices? Thoughts?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My local walmart had them on sale for 35 each! And they weren't even marked as for sale, so I scanned their prices on the machine and that way I found out the price. Some good deals hidden in plain sight. ps: If you have an android phone download the walmart app- it lets you check the prices(which vary) of available legos at your local walmart!

• Like 1

I discovered 10 of them at retail last night and grabbed them all. I will probably try to flip half and keep the rest.

That is a great score.  I went to Walmart on BF for the 30% off, and mysteriously all of the 'good' sets were not on the shelf even before the sale started at 8:00.  Hopefully the growth of this set is not slowed down by the new Hulk Lab set coming out.

I passed on about 10 between Walmart and kmart two a few nights ago.. I bought 16 of sees at or below $30 so I'm having trouble stomaching spending $50 on them. I'll be watching both those stores though. I've sold 3 at $85 so far but they aren't moving at $90. If they were small enough to fit in a priority box I'd probably bite at retail.

That's actually about a $10.25 (17%) profit, if you're lucky and have a buyer in your shipping region.

Yeah, not worth it for most people. I know where I could buy about 10 for retail still. I've been selling mine for between $80 and $90 all week. Only a few left. I got them so cheap I'm just ready to clear some space and free up some money for other things.

Guaranteed profits is better than buying and holding a stock and speculating. :)

True but you can easily take a hit, but profit is profit if you're moving in bulk. Too small of a margin for my taste.